NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just finished an exercise sport science degree last week and it was a subject semester 2 last year. I had to learn about WADA and all classifications on drugs, mechanisms, uses ect. I also have a bit of knowledge on certain drugs aswell from personal experience (im a kidney transplant patient).
The downside was i also seen how corrupt certain testing bodies are (lance armstrong case, olympics).
I burnt all my lance armstrong books even 1 he signed.

These drug related and other unlawful behavior will only continue while the players managers and clubs issues statements on their behalf that are self serving at best.

How often do you hear a player take full responsibility for their actions? Never!

Papalii got off easy, Canberra played the system well and due to the precedence set by Tamou a few years back all that had to do was replicate that.

Norman - I was holding them for a friend

Bromwich / Proctor - Too drunk can't recall

Ferguson - It was consensual and then mistake of fact and when found guilty oh I have mental health issues.

Walker / Gray - Accidental overdose...

Roberts - Broncos player, say no more!

I know that these elite athletes live in a bubble, can do what they want and are often targets for vexatious complaints. If you do make a mistake then own it, you can't hope to move forward until you do, in football, as a person or life in general.

Society makes too many excuses for individuals who refuse to behave.

^^^well said^^^

At the moment the punishment for Proctor / Bromwich seems fairly light. Norman got 8 weeks and I think that is about the right mark.

Ross

These drug related and other unlawful behavior will only continue while the players managers and clubs issues statements on their behalf that are self serving at best.

How often do you hear a player take full responsibility for their actions? Never!

Papalii got off easy, Canberra played the system well and due to the precedence set by Tamou a few years back all that had to do was replicate that.

Norman - I was holding them for a friend

Bromwich / Proctor - Too drunk can't recall

Ferguson - It was consensual and then mistake of fact and when found guilty oh I have mental health issues.

Walker / Gray - Accidental overdose...

Roberts - Broncos player, say no more!

I know that these elite athletes live in a bubble, can do what they want and are often targets for vexatious complaints. If you do make a mistake then own it, you can't hope to move forward until you do, in football, as a person or life in general.

Society makes too many excuses for individuals who refuse to behave.
well said Brendan.

Good pick up for the Raider:

The Canberra Raiders are excited to announce the signing of Fijian Rugby Sevens Olympic gold medalist, Masivesi Dakuwaqa. Dakuwaqa's contract will see him join the Raiders for the remainder of the year.

Although the Raiders already seem to have a fair bit of depth in the back row.

Ross

The player transfer merry go round is reportedly about to start with Te Maire Martin set to join the Warriors after in a move that will mean the immediate the transfers of Tui Lolehia to Wests Tigers and Mitchell Moses to Parramatta.

Warriors will be fine, it's just a rough patch at the moment and cause you have pride in the jersey and wear your heart on your sleeve, you feel the low but when they turn things around it is going to be that much sweeter

Sorry Dan, but when I'm at the game on Friday night in Hamilton, Dragons V Warriors, I'll be hoping for more of the same from the Warriors :)

You better watch out if we are up by 30 at half time. Hadn't thought about you and the Hamilton game...how cool is that to have your home team visiting :D Enjoy, Ken.

Warriors will be fine, it's just a rough patch at the moment and cause you have pride in the jersey and wear your heart on your sleeve, you feel the low but when they turn things around it is going to be that much sweeter

Thanks Jaede. Wish we had a period of success to look back on and hold onto. Can't wait for the turn around :lol:

You better watch out if we are up by 30 at half time. Hadn't thought about you and the Hamilton game...how cool is that to have your home team visiting :D Enjoy, Ken.

Thanks Jaede. Wish we had a period of success to look back on and hold onto. Can't wait for the turn around :lol:
keep positive.

Halves for penrith too weak. Te Maire had a great game in reserves. And peachy been there best and didn't get on the field till second half!! Potential for penrith to threaten this year is there. Need a better coach hate to say. Selecting moylan as captain bad choice too.

Halves for penrith too weak. Te Maire had a great game in reserves. And peachy been there best and didn't get on the field till second half!! Potential for penrith to threaten this year is there. Need a better coach hate to say. Selecting moylan as captain bad choice too.
along with every other team, no focus-no win.

Te Maire most likely wont be there after this year. I would personally love to see Moylan make the move to the 6 and have Dallin Watene-Zelezniak at fullback.

Moylan always gets pushed back when running the ball back or he hands it off to the wingers and lets them take it up. Dallin is a bit bigger and stronger and always runs the ball back hard.

I don't think Moylan is captain material either.

My ideal team would be:

DWZ
Mansour
Whare
Blake
Edwards (Hiku will be gone)
Moylan
Cleary
Tamou
Wallace (C)
RCG
Cartwright
Yeo
Merrin

Peachey
Latu
Fisher-Harris
Kikau

Cheers
Matt

Te Maire most likely wont be there after this year. I would personally love to see Moylan make the move to the 6 and have Dallin Watene-Zelezniak at fullback.

Moylan always gets pushed back when running the ball back or he hands it off to the wingers and lets them take it up. Dallin is a bit bigger and stronger and always runs the ball back hard.

I don't think Moylan is captain material either.

My ideal team would be:

DWZ
Mansour
Whare
Blake
Edwards (Hiku will be gone)
Moylan
Cleary
Tamou
Wallace (C)
RCG
Cartwright
Yeo
Merrin

Peachey
Latu
Fisher-Harris
Kikau

Cheers
Matt

No room for Harawira-Naera he looks the goods to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom