NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is cocaine is not a 100% prohibited substance.

By that it is only considered a doping breach by WADA during competition not at all times. In competition is defined as 12 hours before the competition and the test immediately following competition.

It is also the athletes drug of choice as it flushed from the system in around 3 days for recreational users. I have also read that flushing the body with water and the use of detox products can reduce the traceable levels of the marker to negative levels very quickly.

Ross
Ross, sounds like you have been doing some research on this subject, I think I better throw out my old bottles of coca- cola.

Bitter sweet game, I jagged Dugan as first try scorer and then the injury buy hey that's footy.

He looked pretty good at right centre.

Ross

By that it is only considered a doping breach by WADA during competition not at all times. In competition is defined as 12 hours before the competition and the test immediately following competition.

It is also the athletes drug of choice as it flushed from the system in around 3 days for recreational users. I have also read that flushing the body with water and the use of detox products can reduce the traceable levels of the marker to negative levels very quickly.

Ross
Actually Cocaine is a CNS stimulant on the prohibited list at all times during competition, so for rugby league when the season commences it is banned (however competition time frames do differ on each sport as it is dependant on when competition is, so faor the olympics they are testing well in advance before it commences also TUE's have to be submitted 6 months prior to the start of the olympics). I only know of one case in the nrl where a TUE (therapuetic use exemption) was allowed and it was adam Macdougall, medication he needed to treat an illness where no alternative that wasnt banned was available.
Water also only does so much so people tend to use substances like diuretics to flush the systems. its also one of the reasons why diuretics is also on the banned list.

Last edited:
Geez what a day for Rugby League.......seems like we hadn't had a scandal in a while and we get a few within a couple of days.

Last 72 hours
- Club CEO allegedly in possession of cocaine
- Kiwi Captain and other senior player allegedly named as taking cocaine from person arrested in Camberra.
- SKD allegedly busted with cocaine

Plus
- Dugan injured, probably miss origin
- Thurston injured anything from 2 weeks to possibly the season

Whats next???

Geez what a day for Rugby League.......seems like we hadn't had a scandal in a while and we get a few within a couple of days.

Last 72 hours
- Club CEO allegedly in possession of cocaine
- Kiwi Captain and other senior player allegedly named as taking cocaine from person arrested in Camberra.
- SKD allegedly busted with cocaine

Plus
- Dugan injured, probably miss origin
- Thurston injured anything from 2 weeks to possibly the season

Whats next???

Knights have cancelled all negotiations with SKD

Actually Cocaine is a CNS stimulant on the prohibited list at all times during competition, so for rugby league when the season commences it is banned (however competition time frames do differ on each sport as it is dependant on when competition is, so faor the olympics they are testing well in advance before it commences also TUE's have to be submitted 6 months prior to the start of the olympics). I only know of one case in the nrl where a TUE (therapuetic use exemption) was allowed and it was adam Macdougall, medication he needed to treat an illness where no alternative that wasnt banned was available.
Water also only does so much so people tend to use substances like diuretics to flush the systems. its also one of the reasons why diuretics is also on the banned list.

Not sure what CNS is Central Nervous System? As I said it is not 100% banned only "in competition" our NRL players are regularly being caught with it in their system during in house testing and receive warnings only. E.g. Ben Barba 3 or fourth times and a massive 12 week penalty.

I think Willie Mason also had as TUE for his ADHD, Jack Bird also must have one for whatever he is using to treat his arthritis and I'm sure there are 100s more because even basic asthma medication is banned without an exemption.

Cheers
Ross

Not sure what CNS is Central Nervous System? As I said it is not 100% banned only "in competition" our NRL players are regularly being caught with it in their system during in house testing and receive warnings only. E.g. Ben Barba 3 or fourth times and a massive 12 week penalty.

I think Willie Mason also had as TUE for his ADHD, Jack Bird also must have one for whatever he is using to treat his arthritis and I'm sure there are 100s more because even basic asthma medication is banned without an exemption.

Cheers
Ross
meaning the stimulant is non-specific. yeah i no you said not 100% banned but you said "during competition not at all times", which is incorrect as it is banned at all times during competition. You also stated that n competition is defined as 12 hours before the competition, this is also incorrect when it comes to rugby league.
You dont need a tue for Inhalation treatment (the most common treatment) for asthma just need to declare it: salbutamol (Ventolin) isn't banned as long as its under a certain amont in urine (max 1600 μg over 24 hr), however glucocorticoids are banned at all times during competition and some other beta 2 agonists used to treat asthma are banned both in and out of competition.
I didnt know jack bird had arthritis.
Unfortunately most things get swept under the carpet in rugby league, more so when it comes to recreational drugs that dont enhance sport performance, which is why players continue to use as their is no big penalty for use as nrl arent enforcing wada guidelines.

cheers Jaede

OK I suppose it was how you read my post perhaps I missed a comma but I did define competition as 12 hours before and immediately after.

Ross

You seem to very knowledgeable on the subject Jaede does it form part of your employment or similiar?

Cheers
Ross

OK I suppose it was how you read my post perhaps I missed a comma but I did define competition as 12 hours before and immediately after.

You seem to very knowledgeable on the subject Jaede does it form part of your employment or similiar?

Cheers
Ross
i just finished an exercise sport science degree last week and it was a subject semester 2 last year. I had to learn about WADA and all classifications on drugs, mechanisms, uses ect. I also have a bit of knowledge on certain drugs aswell from personal experience (im a kidney transplant patient).
The downside was i also seen how corrupt certain testing bodies are (lance armstrong case, olympics).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom