NRL Rumour Mill Thread (Spoilers/Game Results)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep but is he any worse then guys like Dugan, packer, mau, ferguson, Lovett, papalii etc etc
Ah, yes and no, some worse or similiar and some not in the same league.

No - Dugan...d^ckhead who drank cruizers on a roof hardly compares to a repeat violent offender.

No - Papalii..might be as dumb as Edwards but still only hurting himself

Yes- Packer a one off repulsive offence but has managed to not be a serial repeat offender.

Yes - Ferguson - Sex offender say no more

No - Lovett caught with a small quantity of cocaine

No - Mau caught up as a junior in gang related incident seemingly rehabilitated

Ken Edwards -
  • Suspended as a 17 year old for inciting a violent incident in a junior game
  • Lost contract at Manly for behaviour issues
  • Lost contract at St George for disciplinary issues
  • Appear in court for bashing a fan on the Gold Coast
  • Suspended for involvement in drugs controversy
  • Pleads guilty to domestic violence / charged with common assault
  • Assaults an innocent chair.
Seems like a stand up guy that is simply misunderstood................

Cheers
Ross

Last edited:
Ah, yes and no.

No - Dugan...d^ckhead who drank cruizers on a roof hardly compares to a repeat violent offender.

No - Papalii..might be as dumb as Edwards but still only hurting himself

Yes- Packer a one off repulsive offence but has managed to not be a serial repeat offender.

Yes - Ferguson - Sex offender say no more

No - Lovett caught with a small quantity of cocaine

No - Mau caught up as a junior in gang related incident seemingly rehabilitated

Ken Edwards -
  • Suspended as a 17 year old for inciting a violent incident in a junior game
  • Lost contract at Manly for behaviour issues
  • Lost contract at St George for disciplinary issues
  • Appear in court for bashing a fan on the Gold Coast
  • Suspended for involvement in drugs controversy
  • Pleads guilty to domestic violence / charged with common assault
  • Assaults an innocent chair.
Seems like a stand up guy that is simply misunderstood................

Cheers
Ross
packer pissed himself on a footy field, also have a look at Fifita and his 'mate' that he had on his wrist band last year, could of easily been the same for packer.

Papalii's incident could of had just as bad consequences as Edwards, maybe look up his driving record before judging him. I think you might find that's not his first moment of stupidity behind the wheel.

I'm no saint either and yes drink driving can have serious consequences there is no doubt.

I'm not really trying to defend the others but seriously your blind defense of a "thug" who has been given more chances than most is what surprises me, cant you just admit he his a d^ckhead?

Ross

I have admitted he's a clown/idiot

But so is all those others that I have mentioned, I think it would of taken Dugan a lot more then just drinking cruisers on the roof to get the punt from the raiders especially being a marquee type player at that stage for them

There are heaps of dickheads that play this game and all of them are lucky that they can play footy as most of them don't have too much else going for them

One last comment on it

As long as a player is wearing a eels jersey I will support them and cheer for them despite their past or current issues

Hey Paul, mate I completely understand I'm no different than you and I could have easily bitten harder and defended the Dragons players you were so keen on pointing out that have had issues in the past.

I'm stuck in front of my PC working today so was only trying to pass some time knowing full well you would bite and we would have some friendly banter.

Should we mention Semi or wait for next week? ;)

Cheers
Ross

Hey Paul, mate I completely understand I'm no different than you and I could have easily bitten harder and defended the Dragons players you were so keen on pointing out that have had issues in the past.

I'm stuck in front of my PC working today so was only trying to pass some time knowing full well you would bite and we would have some friendly banter.

Cheers
Ross
Semi is gone!!!!

I can understand your frustration as it's going to be tough watching the dragons slide down the ladder without Widdop for the next 6 weeks ;)

Yep some testing times ahead for the Red V but I know that from your experiences in the recent past I can always lean on you for advice on how to handle it.

Ross

Cheers
Ross
Like we were debating Semi, no need to mention it, case dismissed :)

Like we were debating Semi, no need to mention it, case dismissed :)

4a46c7f1f290c6bcabae2ff15e0482f7 (1).jpg

Yep some testing times ahead for the Red V but I know that from your experiences in the recent past I can always lean on you for advice on how to handle it.

Ross
Ross, get done for drunk and disorderly, I got done 3 weeks in a row in newcastle 34 yrs ago, and I don't drink anymore, we all learn, or most of us anyway.

Kenny-Dowel charged with drug possession after he was allegedly caught with cocaine at a Sydney nightclub.

How many players have been caught with drugs in possession v the number that have tested positive for use ?
Obviously they must all be carrying it for mates as we are continually told how rigorous the testing is.

Kenny-Dowel charged with drug possession after he was allegedly caught with cocaine at a Sydney nightclub.

How many players have been caught with drugs in possession v the number that have tested positive for use ?
Obviously they must all be carrying it for mates as we are continually told how rigorous the testing is.

They know how to play the system. SKD has not been selected for a rep team so he has a 5 day break in which he won't be tested. It is only detectable in most drug tests for 2-4 days.

A bit like the sleeping pills and red bull; the players will always find a way.

My understanding is cocaine is not a 100% prohibited substance.

By that it is only considered a doping breach by WADA during competition not at all times. In competition is defined as 12 hours before the competition and the test immediately following competition.

It is also the athletes drug of choice as it flushed from the system in around 3 days for recreational users. I have also read that flushing the body with water and the use of detox products can reduce the traceable levels of the marker to negative levels very quickly.

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom