NRL OCT 2016 SuperCoach - **Done**

i was going to blow them all and revamp my team to bring fifita in if he got dropped from origin. but since they've sent back frizell and morris i think i will keep my trades.

Does anyone know if Tevita Pangai Jnr actually scored zero or there is a glitch in the system?

NRL Fantasy has him at 28 points so I assume he scored something in SC

No he didn't score, I hadn't seen him before but heard the hype and I was impressed he ran for over 100 played good minutes looks like he has a future.

The Broncos snatch another future star from Canberra.....

@Scott97

I threw you a life line tonight, all week I was going to Captain Johnson v Knights tomorrow , but when your 3 scored low last night, whilst 3 hours getting home in long weekend traffic back from Sydney tonight I thought / over thought strategy and decied I would cover your Surgess Capt move and boy has that just ruined my weekend!

Ross

@Scott97

I threw you a life line tonight, all week I was going to Captain Johnson v Knights tomorrow , but when your 3 scored low last night, whilst 3 hours getting home in long weekend traffic back from Sydney tonight I thought / over thought strategy and decied I would cover your Surgess Capt move and boy has that just ruined my weekend!

Ross

I saw him go off and thought I was done for this week. I was very relieved to see you had changed to Burgess when I checked. Still not giving myself much hope after last night though.

I changed to Teddy right on kick off...thank god!

I still cant believe I did it....

My boredom in the car led me to a paranoid state where I had convinced myself to cover the risk of Johnson hacing a complete dud or an early injury. Oh the irony of Surgess going off the field!

I imagine you might feel a bit poorly also after Thursday night? At least in that sense my weekend remains alive until Monday arvo when we take on the Dogs..

I have had some rotten luck with captains this year, cost me a few games for sure so I am happy to chalk up a small success as Teddy was solid but not at his devastating Supercoach best.

I had a feeling that Brisbane would get up by 8-10 and even though the score flattered Canberra in the end they showed what they can do when they control the ball.

Not top 4, not close and I personally think their is daylight between the current top 4 and the rest of the pack although Brisbane seem on the wane.

Canberra are definitely a team on the up, when they learn to play for 80 they will give the comp a shake. No Wighton and Boyd didn't help, particularly the latter as they lacked sting off the bench and Brisbane ran out Blair, Thaiday and TPJ which was when the game turned

Undoubtedly it's building nicely, ball in hand at times there's no more attacking side in the comp but last night that slide and fall off goal line defense was a worry.

As an eternal optimist I still hold out some hope that something triggers the Dragons attack, because we know how to defend to get ourselves into a game of footy and with just a few more points I think the Dragons could trouble most teams.

Yeah the slide defence was terrible but Stuart was right, it started in the middle but allowing the quick play the ball and having ineffective markers. It is a tough call at times whether to jam in and risk the overlap or slide but I guess this shows why they are not a top 4 team.

Defence had been reasonable over the past 5 weeks, this was a big step backwards. Bye next week and then off to the Gold Coast which will be tough because they are scrappers and now with Peats and Hurrell look a bit more dangerous.

@Scott97

Ross

I haven't been able to face SuperCoach after stealing defeat from the jaws of victory last week and I might just be about to do it again.

Should I use the VC loophole on Semi 80 points or take the punt and Go Johnson C against Rooster?

The H2H should come down to about 30ish points and at the moment I'm chasing

Ross

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom