NRL 2018 Elite Discussion Thread

Hi everyone,

Please see the update below from TLA:

We have taken on board a lot of feedback from our collectors in relation to the box cards in the 2018 Elite release.

The Box Card in the Elite 2018 release is a 10th common card as outlined on the check list. The cards are rare and have proven hard for collectors to find and therefore complete a base set. It has also been bought to our attention that some of the boxes are missing the box cards (which we are investigating with our factory).

To help rectify this TLA would like to offer all collectors the opportunity to secure a box card by sending into TLA 24 empty packets of Elite 2018. TLA are happy to take requests from collectors as to which Box Card they would like to receive back, however this offer is while stock lasts and it remains at TLA’s sole discretion as to which Box Cards are returned to our collects. We will of course try and accommodate everyone’s request as best we can.

Going forward two changes will be made to the box cards insert series.

• Firstly the box card will no longer we a 10th Common Card instead the card will be unique design as a special insert.

• The box cards will no longer be loosely inserted into the boxes as they are now, instead the box card will be inserted into a single packet contained within each box subject to (ratios cannot be guaranteed)

The empty packets should be send to:

TLA Worldwide
Suite 101 to 103
22 to 36 Mountain Street
Ultimo 2007
Attention NRL Card Customer Service

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all our passionate collectors for their feedback we look forward to building bigger and better releases in 2019.

Have those esteemed enough to hear from TLA had any feedback about the Afoa signature?

I can understand that Afoa has made an error and sent back the batch in silver, and that that would cost to rectify, but I am struggling to see how that becomes the collector's burden. A statement of acknowledgment would be appreciated at the very least.

I know now that as a community we are all team collectors it is easy to look at what your team is dished up only, but at some stage it could be your team that gets served something sub-standard.

Did you receive any feedback on the RTS player in focus.....

Hi everyone,

Please see the update below from TLA:

We have taken on board a lot of feedback from our collectors in relation to the box cards in the 2018 Elite release.

The Box Card in the Elite 2018 release is a 10th common card as outlined on the check list. The cards are RARE AND HAVE PROVEN HARD TO FIND!!!!

To help rectify this TLA would like to offer all collectors the opportunity to secure a box card by sending into TLA 24 empty packets of Elite 2018. TLA are happy to take requests from collectors as to which Box Card they would like to receive back, however this offer is while stock lasts and it remains at TLA’s sole discretion as to which Box Cards are returned to our collects. We will of course try and accommodate everyone’s request as best we can.

TLA never cease to amaze me. Well done on making sure your product sells out. 1st, let newsagents sell stock before dealers, a sure sale for those that CANT wait. Then after many collectors pay through the nose, & in my opinion not a problem if cards are limited (281 of each box card). Now they will just hand them out for 24 empty packets. God knows how many complete sets will now be out there.

You guys are too clever for me!!!

Hi All.
For those who have the dollars - Cameron King 1/1 is on Feebay
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2018-EL...612180?hash=item4b4d0358d4:g:qesAAOSwplBbgiIv

King1-1.jpg

I’m not a Parra fan but can someone perhaps explain why the jersey patch comes in 2 different shades of yellow / gold like the attached examples or is this normal for that particular jersey?

2F406E80-9627-4D21-8EDA-63CD46F9CB8B.png

Back
Top Bottom