Nrl 2011

Pretty happy with it as a Tigers fan.

5 Rookies
Fifita Star Rookie
Gareth Ellis Star Gem
Chris Heighington Signature --- Nice, when they said it would be a lower tier player i was crossing my fingers they didn't butch it but very happy with Rhino.

Plus, those Panthers supporters finally got there Flash Gordon Sig ;)

Like the look of the parallels for something different from what we are used to.

So in a box we'll get:
4 NRL Rookies
2 Star Gems
1 Rookie Sensation
1 in 4 chance at a Signature

I hope the Signatures are numbered properly too....as in numbered #5/450 and not just numbered #5 like the case cards where you have no idea what they are actually limited too and kind of defeats the purpose of numbering them.

---------- Post added 14-02-2011 at 01:45 PM ----------

Looks like one team is missing a Rookie sensation and a some don't have 4 cards in the 2010 Rookie set.

The numbers are actually all over the place.....from what i can see on the checklist it looks like Melbourne has 8 rookies so it looks like they vary greatly

Looks like it will be an expensive exercise to complete a set with 100 inserts + the 196 Parallels ...Will need to open 15 boxes to get a set of Rookies ( if you don`t double up ) even more if you do double up ....Plus the boxes to get the signatures ....

I like that larger Rookie set. Has some players who wouldn't normally get cards and who might never again. Would be a good set to see every year. Wouldn't mind the Heighington sig. Still should have moved to 2 full pages of base set by now but obviously an improvement from the last few years.

This set is going to cost a MINT to complete especially the signatures, you can't compare these with any of the future force or top prospects. Its a strange situation, the Yow Yeh auto is 4 x harder to pull than the inglis or folau TP from previous years, one would think that only being Yow Yeh it will be a 50 odd dollar auto but no way, these are going to go for at least 3 figures I reckon.

ill be grabbing a gordon auto for sure well done select first sign thing you have done right since 2008. to bad its beenn three years

---------- Post added 14-02-2011 at 04:14 PM ----------

Pretty happy with it as a Tigers fan.

5 Rookies
Fifita Star Rookie
Gareth Ellis Star Gem
Chris Heighington Signature --- Nice, when they said it would be a lower tier player i was crossing my fingers they didn't butch it but very happy with Rhino.

Plus, those Panthers supporters finally got there Flash Gordon Sig ;)

That'd be me i couldnt be more stoked.

Will Tupou Rookie Sensation card! Yes please! Aswell rookie cards for Leeson Ah Mau, Dayne Hogan, Ray Thompson and Will Tupou. I also like how Brent Tate, Gavin Cooper, Ashton Sims and especially Shannon Gallant get a card. Good Job Select:thumbsup:!

Overall the set looks like the best Champions set by miles. Great sigs, and a great idea with all the rookie cards (heaps better then the totally random sketches and pre-printed sigs).

For the Knights point of view - only three inserts, which is a total shocker. Con Mika debuted in 2009 but there is a card of him, while Kevin Naiqama debuted last year, but no card.

The only changes I would make to the set would be a better spread of cards for all clubs (I'd have loved to have had a Knights sig) and as already mentioned, they could go up to at least 18 cards per team, if not the full squad of 25. I'd be happy with them cutting back the parallels to six or so, if they did this. It's a shame since I'm a huge Adam MacDougall card, and this is his final season, that they haven't included a card of him (yet bench players Wes Naiqama and Mark Taufua are included).

But can't end on a negative, well done Select for releasing something half decent!!!

yes looks like a small step up from select bit over done though on rookie cards but dam sight better than foil signatures/sketch cards maybe the 1 in 4 boxes will go high at start then come down .afl double troubles were 1 in 4 boxes went reasonable price but now cant give them away

Yeah we got awful inserts this year! I will get abox though as delighted with the variety in cards! At least I will have an easy job finishing my knights team set!

i think yoh yeh and kenny dowell might be the pick of the sigs?????

i am wondering as to how many of these signature cards there will be ie #10/300 - 400 ????? does anyone have any idea?

Back
Top Bottom