graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Due to the current problem with a group buy organised by a member, we will now introduce a rule where only group buys OR group breaks organised by Admin or authorised by us will be allowed on OzCards (this includes variations of group buy, group case buy, group box buy, group box break, case break, case share and anything where one person organises boxes or product on behalf of other members that is not a for sale thread)

Any future group buys OR group breaks placed on the site without authorisation will be removed immediately.

Any group buys that are allowed to run will need to be approved by an Admin with the Group Buy/Group Break details (person organising it, cost of the product, cost of shipping, cost per person, breakdown of the hits if a case break etc) sent to us for approval.

Sorry it has had to come to this, but it only takes one member to **** it up for everyone.

Ahh Admin via sms LOL

Yup this is the right call for sure and those wanting to do buys will just have to go thru us in the future. If deals are done off the boards then we Admin don't take any responsibility in making it a safe and hassle free deal for you. Simple as that.

Chad,

last year this time, you organized any box group buy... i was fortunate to got black from ultra box... which you sent me..

are u going to organize one this time around?? i know you are busy with race and etc..

just wanted to know.. :)

thanks

Not for two months at least though. After that Im happy to do one for the boys beeing a case or mixed bag buy etc.

With training, work and getting married soon free time isn't there a lot and these are a lot of work but I can garentee it will be ran well and only UD to cause the problems LOL.

Not for two months at least though. After that Im happy to do one for the boys beeing a case or mixed bag buy etc.

With training, work and getting married soon free time isn't there a lot and these are a lot of work but I can garentee it will be ran well and only UD to cause the problems LOL.

Thanks for the info...

would love to participate if there's some goodies case or mixed boxes...

cheers

There could be some rules to stop the issues that came up with the previous group buy....

Also i said b4 about approved vendors such as people who deal with boxes such as westriot or someone that is on ebay with alot of feedback and has a history behind them....not just anyone who joins up!

History i mean people who deal with trading card boxes on a regular basis and have done so for over a long period of time....

Then what about those with contacts overseas, who can get boxes/cases at discounted rates? Much like what Max did.

There's always going to be a catch either way.

Guys - I've seen on another overseas site where a member organised a group buy then proceeded to rip everyone off. This was for an order of vintage wax and they busted the packs, took the money cards and replaced with rubbish and resealed. Some didnt even get their boxes. So you can understand why I get jumpy when people start organising group buys and not delivering the product.

The rules are, no group buys unless organised or approved by us. If someone wants to do a group buy, by all means ask the question but don't be offended if we say no. We will only allow certain people who we know to organise these on this site from now on.

There's still no real security about it either way you go.

No matter who organises it.

I would have thought it's all based around a "trust system".

And our most trusted member as voted here the last two years is?

:v:

G is right and its not only so that people are protected but also demonstrated by the last one that its run smoothely and frankly.

But how are you protecting people?

You can't. It was shown via the last group buy that went balls up.

THIS is what I'm trying to express. There's no way ANYONE can be protected, it's simply a matter of trust.

EDIT:
I know it wouldnt happen, but what's to say that if you or G did a group buy, and took off with the cash? You see my point?

If you are seriously questioning Admin here that have proven over many years to be trustworthy and work for the community here that they would simply give up their reputation and time here for a few hundred bucks then you are on the wrong drugs for your ankle Scotty.

Unlike some stand alone members we trade on the name of the site not just our own and thats reflected in the way we have handled group buys/events in the past. PM's are answered, constant communication is kept with info on the buy, shipping etc, boxes are well protected and all info is logged regarding payments, shipping #'s etc etc. Members can attain for all that. The only disapointments we have had is with non paying or problem members etc.

Surely that sort of ACTION breeds a level of trust.

I've been around a LONG time online in many forms and boards/sites etc in the hobby and that reputation I've hoped I've earned isn't worth ripping off people I actually consider friends.

Thanks for the post though.:thumbsup:

No, not questioning anyone Mr Admin.

I'm just saying that there's NO PROTECTION from anything online.

I know your reputation, and would trust you with the best of my collection. I'm only saying that what's to stop some "known" member doing a deal one day and pissing off.

The answer...

NOTHING.

No, not questioning anyone Mr Admin.

I'm just saying that there's NO PROTECTION from anything online.

I know your reputation, and would trust you with the best of my collection. I'm only saying that what's to stop some "known" member doing a deal one day and pissing off.

The answer...

NOTHING.

To highlight your point, two names from the dark ages of trading some 4-5 yrs ago

Jason Cowley
Jesse Manabet

anyone around then knows what I mean! One wanted triple book on anything he had and just emailed you 30 times a day until you caved, the other built a very good reputation before one day, doing a bulk load of trades, ran off with the goodies.

It can happen!

Well if everyone is so worried, perhaps we won't worry about group buys full stop here ? At the end of the day, what does the person who organises get out of it ?

From now on everyone can buy themselves direct from local retailers or overseas.

But you wouldn't want to do that in case those sellers ran off with your money.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well that's one way to go about it. Probably not the ideal way.

All I was trying to ask is when you talk about people being protected, but in reality there's no protection (on this site). You yourself G advised others to contact Authorities about a possible Internet Fraud claim.

I'm all for having a more secure, friendlier site to trade on.

All I was trying to ask is when you talk about people being protected, but in reality there's no protection (on this site). You yourself G advised others to contact Authorities about a possible Internet Fraud claim.

I understand what you are saying mate....even if admin has taken things the wrong way :blink:

once again scotty i here what you are saying.............do you know me though????????
and how much money have you trusted me with in the last few months;).............i don't think you would want to think about it:p:p

come on guys, if we aint got trust we aint got shit. id trust guys like chad and graham (not to mention several other guys on here that have been around a while) with my cash/cards without a seconds hesitation. these guys have shown themselves to be trustworthy.

on one hand, i can see the need for an admin-approved group buyer; whatever the outcome, the max situation has shown that this is essential. in order for our members to be protected from rip-off merchants, the admins have to bring in rules like these.

on the other hand, i reckon if your putting money into the hands of someone you dont absolutely know and trust (which is the whole economy of the internet) you have no reason to be surprised when they try and rip you off. its the chance you take. if your going to give hundreds of dollars to someone you barely know, your taking a leap of faith. its kinda like a guy walking down a dark alley late at night by themselves; if they get mugged, yeah youd feel sorry for them, but still youd have to kinda blame them for it because they put themselves in this risky situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom