NBA Fantasy League

What's the difference between the 2 types of leagues?

How does rotisserie scoring work?

In a Rotisserie League, fantasy teams are ranked from first to last in each of several statistical categories. Points are then awarded according to the order of finish in each category and are totaled to determine an overall score and place.

So, if you're in a 12-team league, the team with the most assists receives 12 points, the team with the second most receives 11 points, and so on. In the case of a tie, each team involved receives an average of the total points due. So, in the example above, if two teams were tied for first in assists, each would receive 11.5 points [(12 + 11) / 2 = 11.5].

Therefore, the maximum number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories within a league multiplied by the number of teams in the league. Similarly, the lowest number of points that a team can earn is equal to the number of scoring categories multiplied by one, which is the lowest score that can be achieved in any category.

So, if you were playing in a league with 12 teams and 12 scoring categories, the lowest point total possible is 12 [12 * 1 = 12] and the highest is 144 [12 * 12 = 144].

Rankings within the individual scoring categories (PTS, REB, etc.) are based on the cumulative stats earned by all active players during the season and not on any individual day or game.

Therefore, the overall ranking of your team rises and falls depending on how it performs relative to the performance of other league members. So, the phenomenon of "losing points" can be explained as your rank falling in one or more of the statistical categories used in your league.

All non head-to-head Public Leagues use rotisserie scoring and the same default configuration. Custom Leagues can use rotisserie, head-to-head, or fantasy point scoring, and all are totally customizable.

How does head-to-head scoring work?
In a Head-to-Head League, your team squares off in a weekly matchup against another manager's to see who can compile the best stats across a number of different categories.

A new weekly matchup begins every Monday and consists of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total after each Sunday's games).

So, if in a given week, your team scores more field goals than your opponent's, you'd be credited with a victory. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with a better field goal percentage than your team, you'd be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each receives credit for a tied game.

This weekly win-loss total is added to a cumulative season record, which will be used to determine standings and playoff seedings.

Head-to-head scoring is available in both Public and Custom Leagues. All Public Leagues use the same default settings, while Custom League commissioners can specify a number of settings, including roster size and stat categories.

Chaddy I'll be in your H2H league mate,

I'll also be starting a league up closer to the season...

With the h2h league filling pretty quickly, I have set up the league which I will PM to the participants in the next day or two.

A time for the live draft has been set - Thu Oct 2 11:00pm EST...again the best time available other than Sat/Sun mornings.

A couple more spots left, but again - only for owners who are going to be active! :thumbsup:

Excellent, glad to see I am involved without having to do anything! Hopefully I don't get first pick again as this coupled with my innate FL skills will make the league obsolete...either that or my "beginner's luck" will have run dry!

Ok I'm in for the Yahoo Roto league. I bring some much needed quality and championship experience to this league!!

There's still 5 spots left, cmon guys I love a deep league.

League: 5648
Password: phoenixtowinitall

Hey guys,

I've pushed the draft night back to Wednesday (same time) - several reasons but one is the fact we're not full yet.

Does that night pose any major dramas for anyone that has already signed up??

Reminder on league details:

League type: Roto
League: 5648
Password: phoenixtowinitall

Matt

Man it keeps booting me out of the draft, loads up and then freezes on me, the test works perfectly etc. looks like i'm going to cop a dud team full of PG's:(

Did that to me twice, but my net connection was playing up me thinks. Hope you got in there! Which team is yours?

Back
Top Bottom