NBA draft lottery chances for 2006

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
Celts lost the tie breaker with Minny but with the draft only being 5 players deep they say maybe no big loss. We still have a chance to get number one though ;-)

2006 NBA Draft Lottery Probabilities (now reflecting tie-breakers)

drafttable.jpg

This is a first for me, I never really thought about how they come up with the whole draft numbers thing. So, I take it they all go into a barrell, and it's a lucky dip situation, with the Celts having 53 chances as compared to the Blazers who have 250 chances. at having one ball being picked out?
They must have to remove all the teams remaining balls after each draw too! lol.
Hopefully the Celts can pick up a top 4 spot?

How many more years do you guys reckon PP has under his belt?

I was thinking... the Celts should trade Pierce together with this pick for a superstar... Kevin Garnett class. If the Celts can pick up a good scorer (forward position), I believe the Celts can form their team around Delonte, Gomes, and a strong forward who can shoot like Pierce. Delonte is pretty fast and good. If the Celts play these new guys more, pretty soon they'll catch up and be like the Nuggets and make the playoffs on a regular basis.

COMEON SONICS U CAN DO IT!! LOL

and had anyone else noticed that this is the first season in a while (well that i can remember) where we didn't have a single team win less then 20 games??

How many more years do you guys reckon PP has under his belt?

I was thinking... the Celts should trade Pierce together with this pick for a superstar... Kevin Garnett class. If the Celts can pick up a good scorer (forward position), I believe the Celts can form their team around Delonte, Gomes, and a strong forward who can shoot like Pierce. Delonte is pretty fast and good. If the Celts play these new guys more, pretty soon they'll catch up and be like the Nuggets and make the playoffs on a regular basis.
Noooooooo! lol. You would have to trade for someone like Dirk to get what your thinking about Carlos. And I couldn't see that happening anytime soon.
I think Pierce has only just started maturing into a superstar type player. Apart from what most people think, he has been very consistent this season, which is one of the reason's why I think that.
The Celts have the strong base, with a potetial top 10 pick on the way this draft, as you all know, Boston don't waste their choices either, so they are already fast turning into a playoff squad. Experience is the only thing lacking, even Pierce hasn't played that many playoff games to give the young guys help with it.
I couldn't see why the Celts would consider trading Pierce whith the numbers and attitude turnaround we've seen this year. He can only get better if he keeps it up.

chadjaja® said:
Hey shoes last time I looked you had a Bobcats card in your sig ;-)

Just because I like Felton doesn't make me a bobcats supporter, I've been a Mavs man for 16 years nothing will change that :)

how good of a position are the bulls in owning (i think) the Knicks pick which could be a 1, 2 or 3 pick...Imagine that team now with say Lamarcus Aldridge at Center or Tyrus Thomas at PF...

yep
the bulls are pretty much set now.. alltho if i was the bulls i'd be trading nocioni and sweetney with their pick (not the knicks one) to the wolves for KG if i got the chance.. would keep gordon tho hes gunna be a deadly scorer one day... hes already gettin close to it

JayC said:
yep
the bulls are pretty much set now.. alltho if i was the bulls i'd be trading nocioni and sweetney with their pick (not the knicks one) to the wolves for KG if i got the chance.. would keep gordon tho hes gunna be a deadly scorer one day... hes already gettin close to it

Jay the Twolves aren't going to trade crap for KG no matter how bad you want them to.

Dream34 said:
Jay the Twolves aren't going to trade crap for KG no matter how bad you want them to.

hahaha i never said i wanted them too.. and i would hardly rate nocioni and sweetney as crap... sweetney has been great this year in short spurts with a bit of consistency he could be a 20 n 8 guy easily and nocioni well hes just a pain in the ass that reminds me of ginobili for some reason.. probly coz i hate them both with a passion lol

EDIT: ok maybe i did imply that i wanted them to.. but im not really a fan of either team i just think that KG with the bulls would be a major force to battle the pistons lol

maybe Nocioni rreminds you of Ginobili because they are both argentines???

and Nocioni doesnt flop like Ginobili! LOL

JayC said:
hahaha i never said i wanted them too.. and i would hardly rate nocioni and sweetney as crap... sweetney has been great this year in short spurts with a bit of consistency he could be a 20 n 8 guy easily and nocioni well hes just a pain in the ass that reminds me of ginobili for some reason.. probly coz i hate them both with a passion lol

EDIT: ok maybe i did imply that i wanted them to.. but im not really a fan of either team i just think that KG with the bulls would be a major force to battle the pistons lol
Yeah Nocioni has had a solid season, but his numbers are like that cause their's is no one good in their backcourt. In any other playoff team he'd be a bench player.

The Truth said:
Boston don't waste their choices either, so they are already fast turning into a playoff squad. Experience is the only thing lacking, even Pierce hasn't played that many playoff games to give the young guys help with it.

Where you been :shock: Apart from the last few years our drafts have been shocking and our trading of young talent famous around the league. We have been a draft laughing stock for a long time and got lucky with Pierce etc.

Also Pierce has had plenty of playoff experiance with some clutch performances and a trip to the Conference finals etc. KG hasn't got past the second round to point out lack of experiance.

chadjaja® said:
Also Pierce has had plenty of playoff experiance with some clutch performances and a trip to the Conference finals etc. KG hasn't got past the second round to point out lack of experiance.
But the east has been very weak for a while apart from 1-2 teams.
It's not hard to make the second rnd in the east. look at the bucks the in 03-04

Back
Top Bottom