graham

Site Admin
Real Name
Graham
eBay User
ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
Ok now my mailday from the other day pales in comparison with this one ..

a HUGE thank you to Mr Chad Jaja for the hookup on this - I think I need to think about getting the rights for my first born off Justin and give it to Chad to make up for this. :prayer: :prayer:

My first Sir Larry Bird TTM auto!! HUGE!! :D :D

larrybird_auto.jpg

Who's he again?

You forget, if it's not an 00+ issued card, auto, 6 color patch, you get no replies.... just ask Chad.

That card is awesome! Well done Chad, total Champ. Well, most of the time. lol.

Well I think we can go now from 'You can do it' to 'You have done it'
Great stuff.
Now for all of us uneducated collectors out there, TTM means 'Through the Mail' right?

Yeah TTM is Through The Mail - Chad sent this card to the Celtics a few years ago (10 years) when Larry moved into the front office at the Celts. Larry signed it and sent it back. I'll get Chad to make a COA if that makes it any more special ? :)

I still think it's really something to have players sign in person, WITHOUT being paid (Upper Deck, Topps, etc).

I realise now it's not the card that's great, but the auto is something special indeed!

Do u keep the envelopes back from the players? That'd be sweet too! Your COA sorta huh.

Yeah this was sent to Bird about 13 years ago when he was in the front office. I also got a team USA one signed too along with another common. Back then there wasn't as much ttm activity as information wasn't shared on the internet like it is now and players weren't paid to sign for companies so there was no contract dispute or real money to be had. After september 11 most teams stopped all mail altogether. Its only in the last few years that they have started to sign again but most don't as much as they used to. TTM is now mainly retired players and coaches etc with only a few like Dirk signing thru the mail.

I have had many Bird autos over the years and have been asked to authenticate many for others in the hobby both at lower and magazine level. This is a genuine sig. Birds more or less had a title and little to do so he signed fairly quickly.

Glad to see its got a good home is already much loved :)

chadjaja® said:
with only a few like Dirk signing thru the mail.

Dirk is such a great role model.

Anyone see the Punk'd episode with Dirk on it?

Eating dinner with Finley, and another guy (cant member), and this kid asks him to sign SHIT LOADS! Started with a hat or something, and then in comes this massive bag! He even signed a Lebron Jersey!!!!

EDIT:

CELTICS AND BIRD ARE STILL THE GREATEST ACCORDING TO CHADJAJA

Back
Top Bottom