09-10 Panini HOF Famed Fabrics

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
.....I believe they call this doign a @GarnettFan4Life

This set chase comes from my favourite Panini product being 09-10 Hall of Fame. Hofers, every single one of them! It wasn't especially high end but I loved the way the cards were designed and the inserts they had available....from which I started (not necessarily finished) several set chases.

For the Famed Fabrics I have 20/22 in hand, although it might be 20 out of 21 as #8 Sam Jones doesn't appear on the Beckett checklist online and I don't recall ever seeing it 'in the wild' before.

The other card yet to be acquired is ironically the Larry Bird which I only ever saw once upon release so I do know it exists. It's also the shortest print run of the set being /20.

Card 1 - Alex English /325

SCN_1611.jpg

Card 2 - Tommy Heinsohn /99

SCN_1609.jpg

Card 3 - Bob Lanier /399

SCN_1605.jpg

Card 4 - Clyde Drexler /599

SCN_1618.jpg

Card 5 - Larry BIrd /20 - HELP WANTED!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Card 21 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar /99

SCN_1612.jpg

Card 22 - Scottie Pippen /599

SCN_1615.jpg

...and there you have it! Any leads on the Sam Jones or Larry Bird from this 09-10 Panini Hall of Fame - Famed Fabrics set would be much appreciated.

Amazing set!!! Sometimes makes it hard though when 1) a card from the set might not have been produced and 2) such a wide variety of print runs! Bird/20 makes it just a tad tougher doesn’t it!!

Amazing set!!! Sometimes makes it hard though when 1) a card from the set might not have been produced and 2) such a wide variety of print runs! Bird/20 makes it just a tad tougher doesn’t it!!
Yep indeedy, your Wilt Chamberlian Masterpeices commentary inspired this 'mailday'. The annoying thing about the Bird was I was all set to buy it on a BIN but got beaten to the punch - and that was 13 years ago! Haven't seen one since! ...for that reason I refuse any set chase which invovles a 1/1!

Yep indeedy, your Wilt Chamberlian Masterpeices commentary inspired this 'mailday'. The annoying thing about the Bird was I was all set to buy it on a BIN but got beaten to the punch - and that was 13 years ago! Haven't seen one since! ...for that reason I refuse any set chase which invovles a 1/1!

I love seeing cards!!! Post some more when you can!

I’d be the same - there has to be at least some chance of completing the set ever!

I love seeing cards!!! Post some more when you can!

I’d be the same - there has to be at least some chance of completing the set ever!
I've got five set chases just from this product release alone - lol And this one would be the lowest tier set chase of them all.

I'll post them all up.....eventually. :-P

What is the white on the Issel patch, just wondered if you can place where it is from?
Another cracker of a set.
I wish I had a great story but I'm pretty sure that's just a ghostly reflection of the penny sleeve from the scanner. It's just a one colour 'napkin' swatch.

Back
Top Bottom