UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

And shit people! Anyone who watched TUF last season surely hates rousey! Cant stand the bitch. Shees all class in the ocatgon though too good

Rousey dropping the title would at least make things interesting. Cyborg and Zingano are the only competitive looking opponents at the moment and both are problematic. Who knows Alexis Davis could shock the world.

Cormier... don't know why anyone has a problem with him.

Pettis and Menlendez TUF 20 coach's and also Melendez will receive a title shot as well (all I can say is GO EL NINO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Cesar Gracie for life

Good stuff dont mind ether of them
Melendez is my fav fighter and for him getting another shot was the best news I heard for the past 2 weeks and not only a title shot but has the chances of being fight of year written all over it and TUF spot it's my lucky day :) CESAR GRACIE for life !! EL NINO is back !!!!!!!!!

Is aldo || pettis still happening? Or has it been scrapped?

Yeah melendez vs sanchez was one of my favourite fights ever got a lot of respect for melendez and how he went about that fight

Yeah I'm guessing Aldo/Pettis is not going to happen now.

Josh Thomson has apparently offered to fight Aldo, and tbh I think that's a great match up, but it would mean very little for Aldo.

Good he sounded so sure that he wS going to call it quits after that last fight, and i would rather him stick arpund

Nate Diaz wanting to depart from ufc??
Nathan Diaz ✔ @NateDiaz209
Follow

@ufc @danawhite I would like to request to be released from the @ufc Its time for me to be on my way .. ?

I dont think this a a demand and more so a laughing question... at least i hope :ermm:
Knowing that Diaz bros don't mind a bit of pot stirring I am more lead to believe that this is intended to spark up the scene at the moment and ruffle some feathers....if that is the case...job done once again.:D

Nick or Nate, Diaz gonna Diaz.

He's not happy with his current deal, last two fights it looks like he's getting $15k to show, $15k to win. Big drop from the $37k/$37k he got fighting Cerrone in 2011 (though he did get a KOTN bonus when he beat Maynard, on top of his $15k/$15k).

When the UFC wanted him as a replacement to fight Kahbib Nurmagomedov they (Kogan/Diaz/CGJ) tried to get his contract "redone". When that didn't happen they wanted the fight at a later date, which wasn't part of the UFC's plans, Kahbib had already been booked to fight at UFC 170.

Now Nate's seen stablemate Gilbert a breath away from defecting to Bellator, get a matched deal that resulted in an extension of his big dollar Strikeforce deal (or close to it) plus a TUF coaching gig with a title fight.

Difference being Gilbert's deal was done, Nate still has 2 (I think) fights left, so he's pretty much powerless here.

Very True Laz.. Gil has made a decision based upon his foreseen future in ufc and much more promised future in Bellator and a TUF coaches role..( which will be great). But I am i am still wondering if Diaz ..sitting in the higher ranks will ever stand down before he admits he is beat down...it's just not him. I think this Twitter Rant is maybe to stir the pot or a big night out with the lads and some "booyah Post".

Now this.... Dana White has agreed to abolish the TRT ( testosterone replacement Treatment) for fighters in the ufc. Together with NSAC they have supported this move which... fair enough has to be controlled,, but abolished??
In just one week Ma boy Nate Diaz has dropped a bomb and now this... Bigfoot is already under suspension because of the Hunt Fight episode. Now he can not take the Medication for his disease?? WTF.
I am in no way supporting misuse of drugs but If they allowed him in the UFC then changing the rules during his career would be heart breaking and a sad loss.....
Maybe it is just timed well because Bigfoot is sidelined atm...i smell a rat :mad:

Now this.... Dana White has agreed to abolish the TRT ( testosterone replacement Treatment) for fighters in the ufc. Together with NSAC they have supported this move which... fair enough has to be controlled,, but abolished??
In just one week Ma boy Nate Diaz has dropped a bomb and now this... Bigfoot is already under suspension because of the Hunt Fight episode. Now he can not take the Medication for his disease?? WTF.
I am in no way supporting misuse of drugs but If they allowed him in the UFC then changing the rules during his career would be heart breaking and a sad loss.....
Maybe it is just timed well because Bigfoot is sidelined atm...i smell a rat :mad:

Just to clarify, NSAC is the one who has banned TRT and TUE's, the UFC only announced they will follow suit, in the instances where they regulate their own events (UK, China, Japan... Queensland). So the door is not completely shut on TRT, until other commissions (especially Brazil) announce if they'll follow suit.

don't like that at all (hate Machida)

Oh suck it up. Do you like Weidman? Or the prospect of the first Middleweight title fight in years that doesn't feature Anderson Silva?

It's an exciting matchup however you look at it.

And who else would you put in Belfort's slot?

Jacare just fought, and next in line would be Bisping, followed by Rockhold and Munoz.

Last edited:
“The Ultimate Fighting Championship fully supports the decision made today by the Nevada State Athletic Commission regarding the immediate termination of therapeutic use exemptions (TUE) for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). We believe our athletes should compete based on their natural abilities and on an even playing field. We also intend to honor this ruling in international markets where, due to a lack of governing bodies, the UFC oversees regulatory efforts for our live events. We encourage all athletic commissions to adopt this ruling.”

Bigfoot's position might depend on whether his condition and treatment is in the category of "therapeutic use".

I also wonder what fighters are taking with the TRT to balance it out. I'm on Testosterone injections every twelve weeks, and I'm taking 20mg of Prednisone every day to complement it. Mine is a purely medical condition, so it's a different situation, obviously. Still be interesting to find out.

Back
Top Bottom