UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

Just looked at bob sapp vs hong man choi wow I wonder how bob sapp even became a professional he is so bad this fight is a barn yard brawl

Size and celebrity. Need a freak show fight to pull in the casual punters, get Bob Sapp. The guy was everywhere in Japan back then.

He's the only guy to ever fight an anime character :lol:

He fought using his size, he just bullrushed people into the corner and threw heat. He made his name beating Hoost twice in the twilight of Hoost's career.

But after Cro Cop smashed Sapp's orbital and left him weeping on the canvas, Sapp became a fighter that didn't like to get hit. Or be on the ground.

Size and celebrity. Need a freak show fight to pull in the casual punters, get Bob Sapp. The guy was everywhere in Japan back then.

He's the only guy to ever fight an anime character :lol:

He fought using his size, he just bullrushed people into the corner and threw heat. He made his name beating Hoost twice in the twilight of Hoost's career.

But after Cro Cop smashed Sapp's orbital and left him weeping on the canvas, Sapp became a fighter that didn't like to get hit. Or be on the ground.

LoL it reminds of the prides days big guys like giant silva,zuluzinho, bob sapp and Emanuel Yarabough just got smashed every time they get in the ring the one giant I don't mind is hong man choi he was not bad considering he stood at 7 foot 2 was insane however big guys like this always lose because of cardio and leg kicks.

Werdum vs velasquez season of TUF latino and then there title fight for the season finalee! Ufc have done well there

Will be good @GiRDS- . I think Werdum is the only heavy weight that would have half a slither of a chance on Velasquez at the moment.

Will be good @GiRDS- . I think Werdum is the only heavy weight that would have half a slither of a chance on Velasquez at the moment.

Agree he is the only one who'll get close but from what i saw against Brown, I think Velasquez might be too quick and relentless for him. Against Brown he didn't have to deal with the non-stop take down attempts and endless striking barrage.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to it and hope he makes a fight of it

Very happy to hear that Anderson has been cleared to start training mma and expects to fight beginning of next year! Great News!

Also Fabio Maldonado to replace JDS against Stipe Miocic.

Downloading it now had soccer yesterday was stoked to hear of the new champ!

Although inreally wanted hendo to win!!

what a great card. even the bloke who kept fighting with a broken ankle.

Yeah Pearson was robbed, too many bad decisions lately, definitely need a revamp of the scoring system. Glad to see Henderson get the finish.

yeah i love sanchez but theres now way he won that. it was like he won it just because it was in albuquerque new mexico

yeah i love sanchez but theres now way he won that. it was like he won it just because it was in albuquerque new mexico

There's an insinuation being made that Jackson's fighters, and some NM fighters in general, were given a soft touch.

"Ross was drug tested before the fight, which is perfectly normal," he told MMAjunkie. "That's absolutely fine, and all this stuff is supposed to be random. But when Ross came back from the drug test, he said to me, ‘I've seen the list; none of the Jackson guys are on the drug test list, or the New Mexican guys who are fighting on the card.' And so I went and checked and that was the case.
"With [Sanchez] being from New Mexico and specifically Albuquerque, there's obvious connections there and obvious potential conflicts of interest," Amasinger said. "They don't have a lot of experience with bigger shows, and I think that's another factor that's played into this happening."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom