MINI LOGOMAN Mailday, but what do I do......

very nice PC pick-up!

Send this link to the seller:

Beckett Grading Services | Submission Form

BGS advices to sandwich the cards between two pieces of thick cardboard after being put in the "oversized semi-rigid" card holder and not just put it in a bubble envelope.

That is in no way acceptable to ship a high-end card like this. :twisted: this seller is an idiot.

Good luck with the paypal-claim!

Thanx man! Yeah I found the link last night and forwarded it onto the guy!

So we'll have to wait and see what the outcome is! Either way, I've got the card I wanted so it's all good! Just wanted the guy to know how to send cards in future!!!

Yeah that's a good point. To be honest I would ship in one of those for a mini logoman too - BUT - I would tape the top of it WAY more thoroughly (vertically as well as horizontally because just tapin horizontally across the top means it will come untaped if squeezed from the sides at all!) and would also put 2 toploaders on each side and tape it all up like a biaatch...

At least most of the damage is on the back! SWEEEEEEEEEEET card tho eh - and no breakin into my house to get the Gil ;)

:wave:

Haha! Its alright! You'll be sick of the Gilbert soon and let me know! hahaha

Thanx mate

new messages from us back and forth...

a new reply from the seller....

Dear Rhys.
Please read all your e-mails. You are lying and if I have to I will take this to court. I tried with knowledgable witnesses and we abused the package in every way we could and in no way what you said could move. I won't tell you what it is because I am saving that information for the Courts as my lawyer advised me and also under legal advise, your vidio tape means nothing. I'm taking this matter very seriously. One of your e-mails proves that you are lying. Also do not forget that you received it by registered mail. I have been in these business for over 20 years and I have been with e-bay since 1999.
Kirk

my reply....

Hi Kirk! Just wondering how in fact I am lying? I have told you the truth of how it happened and I've also got the video of myself opening the package after I just received it at the Post Office! Not sure how much more you could want? And don't know what calling me a liar is helping you do? I'm far from that and thats the last thing I'm going to do! You're lucky that this situation happened to me and not someone else, as I have been nice to you the whole time and haven't stepped out of line at all! But all I am asking for is a simple bit of compensation for the card being damaged! But you keep coming back with these silly messages!! Once again I'm sorry it happened, but hey guess what.... it did!! It wasn't sent with care! And it wasnt properly protected even by becketts standards, after seeing the site! God bless mate! Rhys

another message from seller....

I sent 40 cards this way to the Beckett as they told me do not try to bluff me. I have their booklet instructing me. I do not know what you were looking at. And by the way God does bless me every day of my life. Kirk

my reply....

How am I trying to bluff you???? I sent you the link saying to send in between 2 pieces of cardboard, which is what I wrote in the first ever message I made to you!! You just threw the semi rigid thing inside a bubble mailer, just by itself! In no way is that following Becketts instructions!!! It's an expensive card and after being in the hobby 20 years as you say, you should know how it should've been sent! God bless you my friend! I'm glad God blesses you to, as no one deserves anything better! Take care. Rhys

thanx guys

My goodness this guy's a total ****er. Just send him a message saying he's delusional and should seek help - and also work on his literacy. Neg him up and post his name here.

God ''really'' bless his @$$ thats why he can still selling card. Maybe is time for him to payback. :rolleyes: Sorry, Rhy this crab situation appreal on you, hope this guy gonna wake up soon.

"As my lawyer advised"...and YOU are trying to bluff HIM? There is really no point in conversing with him Rhys. If I were you I would not bother sending any replies back anymore. Just let Paypal deal with it, and give them access to whatever evidence they want/need. You are not going to get anywhere with the seller directly.

Way too many emails going back and forth there...

Video is enough to say the card was packed wrong. The guy's a tosser, he wants to settle it in court... Sounds like he's another who wipes his arse with $100 bills...

Dude, either leave him the Neg, and move on (it's a 1/1, it will continue to hold it's value), or send it back for a full refund.

There's little else that can be done about it (with regards to PayPal claims, etc).

And please do, Name & Shame across the boards...

Sorry to see about the experience mate.

My goodness this guy's a total ****er. Just send him a message saying he's delusional and should seek help - and also work on his literacy. Neg him up and post his name here.

haha! nah might just stop messaging now! The claim has now escalated to where paypal make the decision! So i'm just gonna leave it at that!!!

God ''really'' bless his @$$ thats why he can still selling card. Maybe is time for him to payback. :rolleyes: Sorry, Rhy this crab situation appreal on you, hope this guy gonna wake up soon.

Thanx mate! Yeah I'm kinda over it all now! I never thought someone would argue over it! He made aa simple mistake, he just needs to man up about it!! Yeah he's done 8000 transactions without a problem! But everyone makes mistakes! He just needs to come to grips with it!

"As my lawyer advised"...and YOU are trying to bluff HIM? There is really no point in conversing with him Rhys. If I were you I would not bother sending any replies back anymore. Just let Paypal deal with it, and give them access to whatever evidence they want/need. You are not going to get anywhere with the seller directly.

Haha! Yeah I know ay!! I'm bluffing him??? I don't think so! haha! Yeah I'm over conversing now! He just keeps going at it like a child! I've done my part and been rational over it all! Now its up to paypal to decide!! either way. I'm happy! I got the card I wanted and hopefully I've opened his eyes on how to send stuff now so he doesn't make the same mistake to someone else!!!

Way too many emails going back and forth there...

Video is enough to say the card was packed wrong. The guy's a tosser, he wants to settle it in court... Sounds like he's another who wipes his arse with $100 bills...

Dude, either leave him the Neg, and move on (it's a 1/1, it will continue to hold it's value), or send it back for a full refund.

There's little else that can be done about it (with regards to PayPal claims, etc).

And please do, Name & Shame across the boards...

Sorry to see about the experience mate.

Yeah I know!! I've never had to deal with something like this and I never thought it would keep going with message after message after message!
The cards staying with me! Its part of the set I'm building! But hopefully like I said in the above reply to the Doc!! Hopefully I've opened his eyes on how to send stuff now so he doesn't make the same mistake to someone else!!!

Thanx guys!!!

Link to auction and sellers name have been added to first post!!!!

God bless

Man what a chump that guy is...wow, you mean you tested it in ashop and it didn't move? How about you subject it now to 30+ degree tempertures and see if the tape is just as sticky/well stuck as previously and then see that it's much easier for it to slip and allow the card out... Duhhhh hahaha

Nice Card Rhys. Hope you get a bit of compassion from this guy cause the only guy bluffing is Mr. "I have a lawyer, I'll take you to court" :lol::lol::lol: Jerk...

gee mate way to keep the compusure....i hope you filed a paypal claim...theres no way he's giong to a lawyer, the tone in his email seems to suggest he realises that he did the wrong thing. man, id have only sent him one email, and it would have contained very direct words of what i thought of him with every letter in the alphabet

8000 transacation included a neg like this.....sound familiar

Card came badly creased because of bad shipping!!!! Would not respond to email. redwings1340 ( 319) Jul-01-08 21:10
Reply by ckirk6o2q (Jul-14-08 09:37):
BUBBLE ENV. S. RIGID TOP LOADER POSTAL DESTROYED ENV. I REC. NEG.? ARE YOU OK?
Follow-up by redwings1340 (Jul-14-08 11:03):
Not in top loader!
-- (#140236063093)

Card came badly creased because of bad shipping!!!! Would not respond to email. redwings1340 ( 319) Jul-01-08 21:10
Not in top loader!
-- (#140236063093)

Oh wow! I never saw that!!

The exact same thing thats happened to me!!! wow!

OK just make sure you neg him after the claim either way!!!

Will do mate! Will do!

Oh wow!!! I just checked my emails to find the following 3 messages....

message from seller....

Dear Rhys.
I wasted enough time on this transaction. Please return the card to me in the same top loader (flimsy or not) and also put it into a bubble envelop and put scotch tape at the opening of the flimsy Ultra Pro. I feel comfortable to received it as I sent it to you. I will never give you a discount on the amount. In my 20 years of business, I dealt with people like you but thank God only a few. As soon as I receive my card I will immediately refund your $335.15. Let's put this behind us. Enough is enough.
Kirk

and another from seller....

Dear Rhys. Claim # PP-623-668-032.
Please return my card in a soft sleeve and in the same(flimsy as you call it) top loader. Don't bother with putting it between carboard. Just make sure the opening is secured with scotch tape. I feel comfortable receiving it this way. As soon as I receive my card back I will fully refund your $335.15 for the 08/09 Topps Treasury Mini Logo Gold C. Anthony #1/1. eBay ID #110330271660. Please understand, I will never agree for you to keep my card and to give you $160.00 back. I wasn't born yesterday. I sent over 1000 thick cards this way and I never-never-never had a problem. my feedbacks speak for them selves. Please sent it immediately and get this over with.

Kirk

PS to previous e-mail.
Mr Rhys understand that my lawyer has all copies of are e-mails and I wiil expect the card to be in the exact shape that you described. Believe me when I say I know cards.
Thank you for your attention in this matter.
Kirk

I guess it's up to paypal now!!!

Thanx guys

This guy gets worse... What a knob that this guy keeps going on about his lawyer... Gimme his email and I'll 'represent' you :lol:

Oh wow!!! I just checked my emails to find the following 3 messages....

Please return my card in a soft sleeve and in the same(flimsy as you call it) top loader. Don't bother with putting it between carboard. Just make sure the opening is secured with scotch tape. I feel comfortable receiving it this way. As soon as I receive my card back I will fully refund your $335.15 for the 08/09 Topps Treasury Mini Logo Gold C. Anthony #1/1. eBay ID #110330271660. Please understand, I will never agree for you to keep my card and to give you $160.00 back. I wasn't born yesterday. I sent over 1000 thick cards this way and I never-never-never had a problem. my feedbacks speak for them selves. Please sent it immediately and get this over with.

Kirk

Love it :lol:

You did pay for the card didnt you Rhys ???, you sure he didnt just let you borrow it :blink:.

Can picture the bloke in his basement now, runs upstairs "mommy mommy the man on the computer is saying mean things to me :("

zazoo-kid.jpg

Kirk

I guess it's up to paypal now!!!

Thanx guys

HHHHMMMMMM. Thats weird seems like his memory doesn't go back 6 months! Maybe that's why he forgot who his lawyer was and sent a copy of the emails to himself

Not in top loader!
-- (#140236063093)

He won't use a lawyer - he is bluffing, lawyer/court fees will cost triple the card is worth, so much for customer service with this clown and i can't see how he has been in the hobby for so long and selling on ebay to send a card with so much disregard to protecting it in transit.lol:eek:

Well, his 3 last mails make no sense...it would be impossible for Rhys to send it back to him in a card saver and expect the card to arrive in the same condition as described. Send him one last email, kindly ask him to never email you again, or else YOUR DOCTOR will send "his lawyer" an official letter or two...

I suggest the following:

1. Send the card back, well OK not the card, send him a Melo base instead and see how likes it not quite getting what he expected.

2. Send him an email explaining to him that you are actually a lawyer and find his accusations laughable and the following -
a) Legally what is he going to sue/challenge you for?
b) Since he is in the US and you are in Australia there is no court that he could actually take you to unless he takes you to the International High Court or United Nations
c) Ask him to confirm the full details of his lawyer and you will have one of your "associates" or juniors draft a letter to him.
d) remind him that since his feedback shows a history of similar problems (precendence) the court would likely find in your favour. Also that as shown on the beckett site to sandwich with cardboard and in the opinions of 100s of card "experts" (HK and here) he was the one at fault.

3. Why not! Just subscribe his email to all sorts of spam!

4. If all else fails send him the Rhys J Solomon 1/1 auto logoman

Back
Top Bottom