• Essendon

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other Team - Specify

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fox Sports coverage was also nothing short of a disgrace.

Stop interviewing Scully's mum FFS when the other picks are being read out!!! Was embarassing! And Scully didnt know if he was meant to be talking or listening to the draft etc

Yer i agree save the interviews for after. It was poor coverage not to mention doing the top 10 in reverse. wtf?
As for Ball to collingwood pretty happy with that happy with thomas at 75 and hopefully Buckley can get him self right and play some good football. Alot of clubs did very well from this draft gawn was a bargin for demons

the pies will have a awesome side next year
Jolley GUN!
Ball GUN!
Simon Buckley (pushing selection but very explosive and quick off the half back line)

Yeah true that.Rocca gone.Cloke doesnt really play key forward because he runs down the ground.Medhurst to small,Nathan Brown maybe mainly a backman though Ben Reid can play key forward but needs to develope more.So we basically have John Anthony thats it.

Yeah true that.Rocca gone.Cloke doesnt really play key forward because he runs down the ground.Medhurst to small,Nathan Brown maybe mainly a backman though Ben Reid can play key forward but needs to develope more.So we basically have John Anthony thats it.

Rocca's been gone for ages.
J.Anthony played his first full season this year and kicked 50 goals, played his first senior game for the pies round 3 in 08.
Hopefully beef's up abit over the pre season and there's our target right there.

And alot of small forwards that can do alot of damage.

Yeah but we need bigger guys to go for.Maybe Josh Fraser because Jolly has kicked him out of the ruck but he needs to beef up as well.
I feel sorry for Cam Wood he just started playing good last season and starting to cement hes spot in the team but no Jolley has come along and most likely he will get dropped to VFL again.

well i guess Thomas, Davis and Didak can be pushed forward for extra support in the forward line for the Pies.

The west coast will have a decent team next season i think!

I dont know a lot about all these situations but I don't see much difference in the Ball situation and the Bradshaw/Joel McDonald situation.... they have electe what teams they want and are even wearing the uniforms already... Still in the draft (Dec 15 one) so other teams can take them, but obviously won't...

As for the Collingwood forward/Ruck's.... Fraser is NOT a true ruckman so I think he should go forward... Jolly #1 ruck with Wood as back up... All 3 should play... As 'ohhea' said earlier, it was Anthony's 1st full year as a forward (remember he was groomed as a backman prior to that) so with another pre-season focussing on being a forward he should be a gun... 50 goals is pretty good as is...

Great to see my Melbourne Demons ignore the option of Luke Ball. No point having a player, even of his caliber, playing for us if he doesn't even want to speak to us prior. Very happy with our draftings so far naturally. Future looking good!

ah well as ruckers said its no differnt to mcphee, bradshaw, mcdonald and co u guys would be farmiliar with stevens

Thats true! BUT still needs to be sorted out... I mean who needs a Free agency for the players when you can just tamper with the draft.....

The ball thingo is absolute crap!!
If its not draft tampering i dunno what is!!!

Exactly how is it tampering? He didn't exactly leap at other clubs to chat to them, that's not exactly tampering is it and besides that's just media talk, and apparently only 1 other club wanted to chat to him. He put a price on his head for 2 years which is not exactly tampering, many players have been doing that for years to fend of crap clubs with no dough. So what else did they do? Any club at any time could have taken him. The fact is none of them were willing to give up early picks for him.

Tanking is far far worse and what is being done about it? Will we soon see 5 GF in a row Melb v Carlton? No we won't because cheats never prosper.

Exactly how is it tampering? He didn't exactly leap at other clubs to chat to them, that's not exactly tampering is it and besides that's just media talk, and apparently only 1 other club wanted to chat to him. He put a price on his head for 2 years which is not exactly tampering, many players have been doing that for years to fend of crap clubs with no dough. So what else did they do? Any club at any time could have taken him. The fact is none of them were willing to give up early picks for him.

Tanking is far far worse and what is being done about it? Will we soon see 5 GF in a row Melb v Carlton? No we won't because cheats never prosper.

couldnt have said it better my self :D

Thats true! BUT still needs to be sorted out... I mean who needs a Free agency for the players when you can just tamper with the draft.....

How did he tamper with the draft?

I am a big Melbourne supporter and I take offense to being called "cheats". Have you seen our list? Do you know anything about my team at all? I'm suggesting not. We didn't win games because we had by far the worst list. Every now and then we put it together and it clicked, but with no key forward, no key defender, prospect ruckmen and possibly the youngest list in the AFL, how exactly were we going to win? And then there's the fact that at 1 point we had only 25?! players to choose from due to injuries!

You are spot on with the tampering argument, as there was no tampering and any team could have taken him (I'm glad Melbourne didn't though), but as for calling us cheats, wake up.

How did he tamper with the draft?

I am a big Melbourne supporter and I take offense to being called "cheats". Have you seen our list? Do you know anything about my team at all? I'm suggesting not. We didn't win games because we had by far the worst list. Every now and then we put it together and it clicked, but with no key forward, no key defender, prospect ruckmen and possibly the youngest list in the AFL, how exactly were we going to win? And then there's the fact that at 1 point we had only 25?! players to choose from due to injuries!

You are spot on with the tampering argument, as there was no tampering and any team could have taken him (I'm glad Melbourne didn't though), but as for calling us cheats, wake up.

Sorry, was referring to the other mob, maybe I should have highlighted it.
And yes I do know a bit about your pitiful club, I get it rammed down my throat by a member every 2nd day.

the dees will be very good soon

still puzzled why the blues took another mid we should of targeted a young foward

Back
Top Bottom