Low Balling

had it on COMC a person sent me twice the same of of 0.50 yes 50 cents for Dellavedova Hot Auto and considering i thought my price was Fair at $5 i rejected both of them and it sold today for $5 which is what i wanted as thats what i paid

had it on COMC a person sent me twice the same of of 0.50 yes 50 cents for Dellavedova Hot Auto and considering i thought my price was Fair at $5 i rejected both of them and it sold today for $5 which is what i wanted as thats what i paid

Increase you minimum offer % to avoid this happening. I keep mine at 50% others I know are 75%

Lowballers are scum in my eyes, fair few around these days unfortunately. Happy to help player collectors but when they whinge to you oh he lowballed me this and that then offer under half what I'm asking you wonder why your in the hobby sometimes.

More and more slimes coming about :)

Lowballers are scum in my eyes, fair few around these days unfortunately. Happy to help player collectors but when they whinge to you oh he lowballed me this and that then offer under half what I'm asking you wonder why your in the hobby sometimes.

More and more slimes coming about :)
Couldn't agree with you more Brett. Unfortunately some people price cards to high cause they believe what they paid for them is what they are worth!! 2 days ago a member on here offered me a PC card for quadruple($40) what it was worth and expected me to buy it!! Today I picked up that card for a bit less than the price it was offered to me :) saved myself $30, I might put that towards the other one :)
image.jpg

Funny how the world works sometime. :)

Slim

@nichj99 can you post the link of the card youre talking about?

I want to watch it, and hope it doesnt sell. Lol

He'll see a few of us watching it and think its popular, then when it doesnt sell, it'll be pretty funny.

I give him one hr before he msgs you saying 'ok, Ill take $45'

I understand if you don't put prices your more susceptible to low balling, fair enough
If someone lowballs you, you can simply ignore the person or decline. True.

But I guess from my perspective (and a little rant) :

I bust for the fun of it and the thrill of hopefully pulling a big hit, I sell cards to allow me the luxury of buying more wax.
I always list prices
Generally my prices are at the low end of ebay or lower. I always try to be fair.
I never ask for more for a card because someone collects that player.
However I still get lowballed and asked to discount when the people asking for the discount often want dirt cheap prices in order to flip.
I realise that if I don't like being lowballed then to ignore or to decline, however this is rather tough when the majority of offers are lowball offers. There are only a handful of guys left who know a fair price and don't try to screw you.
Its enough to put you off the hobby, i haven't bothered listing some cards i've busted of recent times due to this and feel its time to sell up and take up knitting or something lol
Maybe I'm just being a princess.
End rant.

I raised my offer % from 50% to 30% on COMC and most cards get bought outright now instead of a bunch of min offers I usually decline... Selling $200-$300 USD a month which is enough to play with....

Just be aware not everyone buys on comc for pc and are prepared to pay eBay. If I am prospecting or looking for flips I offer min amount on a whole buch of cards and some get declined and many get accepted, a lot for offers I can't believe were accepted (I then check these sellers ports to see if there's anything else worth grabbing in that offer range).... I get a lot of cards on comc for half or less than eBay and flip them... You never know how bad the seller needs credit.... If anyone thinks this is offensive then that's your problem, not mine.... I think it's smart, and it works.... For pc stuff I'm happy to pay market but if I'm looking to flip, I'll open at the lowest offer YOU have allowed

removed the personal attacks. I really don't want to see them again or the references on facebook - if there is a problem report it! That way it can be dealt with. I can't speak on behalf of the other mods but I hadn't seen them.

Also stop posting disgusting photos those images are now burnt into my brain.

Low balling is always going to be part of this hobby. Just like resellers are in the kickz game.

What we have to do is simply be smart about it:
* Put prices on cards - if you have to, put not negotiable or Firm. Leaving it open for "offers" only invites low offers.
* We as buyers also need to acknowledge that if someone puts a price on a card, they are probably not going to accept 50% or less - SO DON'T OFFER IT.
* on comc or ebay BIN put limits on what the offers are you'll receive and then you don't even see the crap ones.
* Know what the card is worth. Look at current ebay sales, BV is good for an idea but not really a true market value any more. If there are not any recent ebay sales look at similar players from the same set. Look at similar cards of the same player.
* Understand that prices will change. How many people invested in a "next big thing" like a Darius Miles and spent up on his cards to now realise they are worthless. Just because you spent up big on them doesn't make them still worth the same.
* Educate (not abuse) each other
* Communicate & keep it civil. If someone says a card is worth $400 and the last sold for $100 share the link with them.
* Be polite - it's not that hard. "Sorry it's way too low for me" or "Sorry your price is too high for me"

Re those photos, I was trying to find a good "well that escalated quickly" meme lol

And Darius Miles will always be a superstar in my eyes! Picked up $10,000 worth of his cards the other day for $100 on COMC! Sellers didn't know what they had obviously! :kick:
I was trying to think of a more current example but couldn't get past him.

Back
Top Bottom