Low Balling

Hey Gary, I have always been around, just haven't been a card show for a while since they decided to hold them in places that are deemed too far. I have been a bit lazy with the maildays, too many cards coming in all the time, not enough time to scan and post!!
Haha, well if Parramatta Town Hall isn't too far, i'll see you on Sunday then.

Can't wait to see your next Shaq mailday!

So disappointing getting rediculously low offers and really make ya think twice almost about buying cards sometimes. Like a card /5 doesn't matter who the player is there is only 5 in the world!!!! Sure if it's a nobody you don't ask ridiculous prices but I got offered $3 max for a green auto from preferred because that's all they think it's worth. also people saying $8 delivered is too much for a person they collect for their PC. May as well start throwing cards in the bin. Not worth the hassle of selling them.

So disappointing getting rediculously low offers and really make ya think twice almost about buying cards sometimes. Like a card /5 doesn't matter who the player is there is only 5 in the world!!!! Sure if it's a nobody you don't ask ridiculous prices but I got offered $3 max for a green auto from preferred because that's all they think it's worth. also people saying $8 delivered is too much for a person they collect for their PC. May as well start throwing cards in the bin. Not worth the hassle of selling them.

Agree on the #/5 thing, however I've seen the same lowballers on here wanting $8-10 delivered on a card that frequently sells for $0.99 + post on ebay. When you PC a scrub, that's a pretty big difference! So I guess it goes both ways, ball low and resell high - those in it to make money aren't in it for the right reasons!

But it also is open for low balling when you ask for a price then the seller says well make me an offer, I'm not sure on the price. With so many different ways people price their cards, unless you deal all the time, it is impossible to know their thoughts.
Another thing is people may make an offer purely based on what PayPal they have available. We are not all endowed with big cash.

Well most people are in this hobby to collect and to not make money, if you get offered a price that they think it's worth and it's all they will pay then that's what it's worth, no ones forcing you to sell at these prices, if you want my advise, if your trying to make money in selling basketball cards then buy shares in panini because it's the only way to make money in cards lol

This place is a hive for the 'ballers.
I won't name names but I was in shock the other day when I received a pm saying they would pay me half the value of my cards because I was trying to make some quick cash for a certain purchase. I honestly didn't know how to reply.
Get fucked works pretty well :)

If you don't list a price in a sale thread then it is your destiny to get some offers you will consider as low IMO

I've done a couple of deals in my time, I don't take offense at any amount offered for anything I list for sale, I simply counter or say what my minimum is and if we can't meet on a price then it's move on, I don't stress too much about cardboard I have enough of that in real life :lol:

Agree on the #/5 thing, however I've seen the same lowballers on here wanting $8-10 delivered on a card that frequently sells for $0.99 + post on ebay. When you PC a scrub, that's a pretty big difference! So I guess it goes both ways, ball low and resell high - those in it to make money aren't in it for the right reasons!

Plenty of those people here :)

If you don't list a price in a sale thread then it is your destiny to get some offers you will consider as low IMO

I've done a couple of deals in my time, I don't take offense at any amount offered for anything I list for sale, I simply counter or say what my minimum is and if we can't meet on a price then it's move on, I don't stress too much about cardboard I have enough of that in real life :lol:

Agreed, but sometimes even when you do list prices, there are the types who will have no problem in lowballing you but still need top dollar for their stuff.

Agreed, but sometimes even when you do list prices, there are the types who will have no problem in lowballing you but still need top dollar for their stuff.

Yep, good luck to them people I say, that doesn't even bother me (any more). Death, taxes and lowballing. These WILL happen, no point resisting lol

I find it piss funny on here when people put in the post " most sell quickly for another purchess". Then get upset when they get low balled, shit when you put up a post saying this you might as well put up the post with "low ball me please". And then get upset over it lol, please if you plant a shit tree don't be surprised when it grows shit lol

Well most people are in this hobby to collect and to not make money, if you get offered a price that they think it's worth and it's all they will pay then that's what it's worth, no ones forcing you to sell at these prices, if you want my advise, if your trying to make money in selling basketball cards then buy shares in panini because it's the only way to make money in cards lol

Haha not here to make money mate. Just when ya got cards filling up ya house I find it better to sell them off to people who want them rather than put them in the bin. Take my jersey numbered /25 harden prime patch. Found someone who wanted it. Said $25registered post delivered and they said nah sorry don't wanna pay that much for it? Is $25 really a out of this world price to ask for it. He said he was thinking more like $10

I couldn't agree more. I hate it when people don't post prices. They almost ALWAYS complain about lowballing.

I've put in offers on cards before of what I'm willing to pay. I overpay for PC cards all of the time, because I want them, other cards I'll throw in an offer and see how it goes.

Don't forget the buyers market we are in right now, it's very tough to sell at the moment. Hell I've seen Exquisite cards at lows across the boards, even Jordans.

I find it funny that people use Ebay as a guide but only to hand in a 'ballin offer

'Baller - well Ebay has sold that Jordan for $5, that is all I will pay!

Seller - well that Jordan was listed as a Jorhdan, finished at 2am on a Tuesday and no one found it, the other 50 Jordans on eBay sold for $35-40

I usually try to take an average of all ebay sales and then maybe knock a few bucks off especially if I'm getting a few cards

I got abused for making an offer on a PC item on eBay yesterday.

Was listed at $99 OBO. I offered a very fair price of $45, for what it was. Got returned with multiple F bombs, amongst other things. After I explained I collected the player heavily and knew his pricing very well, he finished by saying he'd rather keep the card than sell it to me.

He then changed it to an auction starting at that price.

I guess he's keeping it then.

Back
Top Bottom