love my hoops

mullinmagic

OzCardTrader
Real Name
john
hi to all

my name is john, but most call me rollie. i am from perth western australia, inner city suburbs. i have been here most my life but i am a victorian at heart. i wouldnt go back though even if you paid me. well it depends on the offer.

anyway, i have been collecting hoops basketball cards since they started, and i probably have the most extensive collection ever. unless there is someone else i dont know of. i do collect other fastionable sets, like the rookie reprints of the 50 best players, flair hardwood leaders, Xcited and Ntense, some others. but HOOPS is the collection i am trying to complete.

i play, coach, umpire and collect basketball cards. have been for 25 years now. live and breathe the sport i guess you can say.

i was introduced to this site by a trading friend sonny from southern hemisphere cards in melbourne. he has been helping me finish my collection.

i am only collecting hoops up to 2000/01 season at moment, only needing 126 insert cards and a handful of common cards.

oh i also collect beckett basket card magazine and beckett basketball plus magazine.

well thats me. i hope i can hear from someone soon to help me on my way.

look forward to your replies.

rollie

Hey rollie
Welcome mate, and thanks for the great intro
I hope from your user name that you are a Chris Mullin Fan. What a legend for Golden State he was.
And that is a big call that you may have the most extensive collection ever! Im sure some of the members here will have something to say about that!
You'll have lots of fun here mate! Good luck with your Hoops collection!

Ahh I get it now. Didn't read it properly. HOOP's cards not hoops cards :-P.

Welcome to the board, I'm sure you will find plenty of collectors that can help you out here. The secret society of guys that most don't know about or only recognise as eBay ids :lol:

And that takes some balls with the comment about the most extensive collection. There is always someone with a better card/collection you will never know about. Being happy with your own collection is the only way to go.

welcome rollie
yeah great intro, i play coach and ref as well , i think ya definately need to love the sport to be a ref... to much crap otherwise, anyway nice to have you aboard and hope you have fun here :)

Ah Rollie, glad you made your way here.

BTW I'm from NSW, but being from across the otherside it's all the same to you folk :p

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I know there will be people here to help you finish your Hoops collections.

Welcome to the boards ! I agree with Chad - no matter how "extensive" you think you collection is, you are only setting yourself up for disappointment. :)

Good luck with the collections, and most of all - have fun! That's what it's all about.

Welcome Rollie! I have a weekend card shop at the Wanneroo Markets in Perth. hoops packs available! LOL Would love to see you and your wantlist sometime if ya get the chance. My collection is pretty extensive too! give ya a good run anyday! Hehe

Hope you enjoy the forums.

yea lockymac, chris mullin and magic johnson were my 2 favourite player since days of old. warriors run TMC were great to watch. and the magic man well that just speaks for itself.
with respect to my hoops collection, i'm 126 short of a full set of inserts from 1989 to 2001. i think thats pretty extensive. and i think i'll get em all by end of this year. well i hope.
love the site. great traders, great items, look forward to time spent on here
rollie

hey prototype
ive played and refereed everywhere just about in local perth area. but now at belmont and loftus. not coaching at moment until WABL state starts up. i coach with EP. locally will coach at belmont also.

how about u?

Hi mate.Welcome to the forum.
I got a heap of Beckett's goin back to about 95-96.
LMK which one's ya need.Have fun.

thanks for the reply

i need all 95, 96 except for #54 Jan 95 and #69 April 96

get back to me and let me know what you want

can you give us a scan of the condition ot the worse covers, if that is kool

look forward to your reply

rollie

mullinmagic said:
thanks for the reply

i need all 95, 96 except for #54 Jan 95 and #69 April 96

get back to me and let me know what you want

can you give us a scan of the condition ot the worse covers, if that is kool

look forward to your reply

rollie

OK,I will get a list together.I will get back to you.ASAP.
Thanx AL.

90 to 98 i pretty much need all bar #49 #50 #53 #54 #69 and #98
i need
99 Jan, Mar, Apr, Jun, Aug, Sep, Oct
00 May, Dec
01 Mar
03 Jan, Feb
04 Jul, Nov
05 Mar, Dec

hope you can help
rollie

ok, i had a look and i got a scan for u, need ur email to send it to u.
i had a look and my becketts run from #1 to #143 (june 2002)
lmk what u want to do
[email protected] is my correspondance

Back
Top Bottom