Dozer83

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Josh
eBay User
back2basicstraining
COMC User
Dozer83
So, I was trolling ebay to try and value my Jabari Parker Auto.
I have a #/249 and the auto on mine looks very much like the top 3 in the pic ( and nearly every other pic ive seen) I understand autos will have general differences, but the Auto on the #/25 ( bottom card in pic) holds absolutely no resemblence to the others. The first part is nothing like the rest, and the 2nd has a completely seperate and legible P

I only noticed as I wanted to compare the clarity of my auto to others.

And, what would a fair price for the card be?
Screenshot_2014-12-03-18-02-18.png

A players signature will vary for differing reasons, could be they just got bored or lazy, can't blame them, they sign so many hundreds even thousands. There are many players whose signatures today look nothing to how they signed when they first came into the league. It's like their signatures transform over time haha Rodman's is like a scribble now compared to his full signature back when.

@Aronzo33 , yeah after time maybe, but a rookie player has hardly been signing for a decade, and the same series of cards was probably signed at the same time. I only over analysed it as that card sold for soo much more than the others.
If I had a #/25 , I would want mine to look on par with the others is all.
But I'm fickle.

Dont forget, Im very new to collecting, so it is also a genuine question on whether the look of an auto will alter the price of cards.

Last edited:
I would think, being some of the "first" cards Jabari has signed, perhaps he signed the /25's before the /249's.

It might not seem like much time, but even having to sign your autograph 25-100 times, you'd most likely change/shorten your autograph too.

I've noticed a similar thing with Adreian Payne autos.

More than likely his hand/wrist just got tired/sore after signing so many sigs. That's why the sig looks cramped.

I think the amount of cards signed by each rookie now is ridiculous! I know a lot of the unlicensed stuff like Leaf and Press pass gets a lot of hate in NFL but usually the nicest sigs are on there as they get signed before the flood of licensed releases.... Donte Moncrief who is a Colts WR this year is a perfect example.... Here is a cpl of his early unlicensed cards, followed by a cpl of examples later on (granted, not every later releases example is like this, there are plenty of nicer ones, but in general the increased sloppiness and rushing of the signature is massively evident).

EARLY
Donte-Moncrief.jpg

2014 Leaf Originals 1960 Design Silver #DM1 - Donte Moncrief /25 Courtesy of COMC.com

Donte-Moncrief.jpg

2014 Press Pass Gameday Gallery Silver #GG-DM - Donte Moncrief /150 Courtesy of COMC.com

NOW WE GET THIS IN SOME CASES

2014 Topps Inception Rookie Autographs
Donte-Moncrief.jpg

2014 Topps Inception Rookie Autographs #23 - Donte Moncrief Courtesy of COMC.com

Donte-Moncrief.jpg

2014 Bowman Rookie Chrome Refractor Autograph #27 - Donte Moncrief Courtesy of COMC.com

I have a few Moncrief cards, but have zero interest in examples like the last 2, regardless of price

I think the amount of cards signed by each rookie now is ridiculous! I know a lot of the unlicensed stuff like Leaf and Press pass gets a lot of hate in NFL but usually the nicest sigs are on there as they get signed before the flood of licensed releases.... Donte Moncrief who is a Colts WR this year is a perfect example.... Here is a cpl of his early unlicensed cards, followed by a cpl of examples later on (granted, not every later releases example is like this, there are plenty of nicer ones, but in general the increased sloppiness and rushing of the signature is massively evident).

EARLY
2014 Leaf Originals 1960 Design Silver #DM1 - Donte Moncrief /25 Courtesy of COMC.com

2014 Press Pass Gameday Gallery Silver #GG-DM - Donte Moncrief /150 Courtesy of COMC.com

NOW WE GET THIS IN SOME CASES

2014 Topps Inception Rookie Autographs
Donte-Moncrief.jpg

2014 Topps Inception Rookie Autographs #23 - Donte Moncrief Courtesy of COMC.com']#23 - Donte Moncrief Courtesy of [/URL]COMC.com

2014 Bowman Rookie Chrome Refractor Autograph #27 - Donte Moncrief Courtesy of COMC.com

I have a few Moncrief cards, but have zero interest in examples like the last 2, regardless of price

Dennis Rodman is exactly the same. His early autos were incredible, and IMO, one of the best autos in the game. Now its just a DR.

One player who's auto has barely changed is Jalen Rose. You take a look at his early signatures and compare them to what is out now - the auto has compacted a little, but it is still - essentially - the same. Very Readable and clearly excellent penmanship!

Back
Top Bottom