ozcardtrader
COMC User
ozcardtrader
The Pistons !!!

And the Suns

And the Spurs

And the Raptors

And staying in Orlando.

Lots of stories i've read today - looking forward to this to see where he ends up. I was saying that he was going to resign with Orlando for minimum and repay them for the last 7 years, but now i'm not too sure. From what i'm reading, a championship is in his sights!

It seems the Suns are in his sights at this stage, but would be nice to see him go back to the Pistons!

The Pistons !!!

And the Suns

And the Spurs

And the Raptors

And staying in Orlando.

Lots of stories i've read today - looking forward to this to see where he ends up. I was saying that he was going to resign with Orlando for minimum and repay them for the last 7 years, but now i'm not too sure. From what i'm reading, a championship is in his sights!

It seems the Suns are in his sights at this stage, but would be nice to see him go back to the Pistons!

I have felt that before. That he will end his career where he started it.... :thumbsup:

Considering the unbelievable pay he's been pulling in for years (and not having to work especially hard for the money), I'd bank on him being willing to take the veteran's minimum with a genuine contender. Maybe Bulls, Suns, Mavs, Spurs, Pistons.

Although he'd fit well on the Lakers. Maybe LA could convince a bunch of veterans to take the league minimum for the shot at a title again. Get Jimmy Jackson back for another one. Offer Penny Hardaway the minimum. Get Latrell Sprewell back, and stipulate in his contract that he's not allowed to talk, ever.

Although he'd fit well on the Lakers. Maybe LA could convince a bunch of veterans to take the league minimum for the shot at a title again. Get Jimmy Jackson back for another one. Offer Penny Hardaway the minimum. Get Latrell Sprewell back, and stipulate in his contract that he's not allowed to talk, ever.

ahha, thaht wold be a nice contract for Sprewell.. good one...

He should stay put and repay the huge contract and faith that Orlando put in him. Nuff said.

No. he should go back to the pistons and backup Rip and Tayshaun and finally get his title! :)

He should stay put and repay the huge contract and faith that Orlando put in him. Nuff said.

:D :D :D :D :D

Here's hoping the same.. I still believe he's got a couple of years left in him.. as a mentor and as a leader...

He can play only home games to save his energy for next year play-offs? :woot:

Coz we are one of a few teams who can sign large contract players.. :thumbsup:

If we can move BAttie's contract and re-sign Hill with a bit more than venteran minimum on games he will play.. I think Orlando can acquire pretty decent players......

He should sign for the min with Orlando and NO more at all. He has cost the club enough and they have been nothing but patient with him.

I doubt money should be a concern and talent around him more.

Hill isn't at fault because he didn't deliver on such a big contract. If NBA players were punished for performing badly despite huge contracts, Raef LaFrentz would be dragged into a field on the outskirts of Portland and beaten.

Considering the unbelievable pay he's been pulling in for years (and not having to work especially hard for the money), I'd bank on him being willing to take the veteran's minimum with a genuine contender. Maybe Bulls, Suns, Mavs, Spurs, Pistons.

hah, spree will never take the minimum (he has to feed his kids) or for that matter shut his mouth.................he loves to talk:)

Hill should sign on for another maximum contract, maybe New York would take him on.... lol.

I'd actually like to see him in Phoenix, but they'll struggle if he's their replacement for Matrix.

Backup to J-Ho would be damn awesome in Dallas. We have the fillers to cover him should he go down, and if not, great! He'd be a great helper for Dirk when paired on the floor.

it would be good to see him back with the pistons. it would be heaps good if he stayed with the magic for minimum. either way, im happy.

Orlando put a lot into him and could of dealt with Hill a lot worse. Its payback time. Raef and Hill have little in common. Raef should of never commanded a big contract in the first place and was hardly the All NBA player Hill ever was.

Its about time some players help restore the fans and clubs faith rather than act like spoilt and hardly done by school children.

How many other NBA players can you name that would even consider 'repaying' a club back after an injury riddled stint with that club? I can count the number on less than half a hand.

Even though you can't blame a player for wanting to go to a title contender and despite my first post, deep down i hope that these rumours are all smoke and mirrors and Hill shows the class act he is and resigns with the Magic. Of course it also depends on whether the Magic want him back as well.

All will come clear i'm sure after July 1.

Well, hoesntly, if he wants to win the title, he should choose Eastern Conference team.. Western conference I think he will have slim chance of winning, Phoenix is 60 wins a season team, but they flop in the rest 20 games and games like those cost them from championship this play-offs...

i still think, what if, what if amare and diaw were not suspended, the result could have been something else today...

I hope Grant Hill stays.. he's such a nice person and a great role model to young people.. he plays pretty good, just let him play home games.. re-sign darko, sign a 20ppg+ outside scorer.. Magic can be a pretty good team next year. or sign an excellent point guard and put assign Ariza to starting SG position, Ariza is pretty good scorer IMO..

Magic started well but Brian Hill couldn't inspire since after all-star 2007. i think Stan Van Gundy could do better.....

But even if he leaves, I would say he should leave to Eastern Conference team..

I still think the reason kobe demanded to be traded because he thought he had better skills and better chance of going to conference finals more than Lebron James... could be one of the factors... just my thoughts..In West, kobe, iverson, t-mac, dirk are free man after first round... they are literally superstars of the west.... starting all-stars maybe?

I feel he should go to a contender. Mind you I feel Orlando could be playoff bound if they sign the right player with all their cap space. I think despite the fact he owes them a bit, maybe the best thing is for Orlando to move forward without him. Hopefully Orlando can find a way to get rid of Battie's contract somehow.

I don't see why hill has to play for orlando to 'repay' his contract, a deal's a deal. Orlando got a bad deal, that should be the end of it.

Would orlando got rid of his contract in the midst of his injury if they could? Of course they would - considering his performance his contract is ridiculous. But they couldn't (they could've waived him, but that means they still had to pay him and wouldn't clear the cap space anyway).

IMO, it wasn't hill's fault that orlando got stuck with his big contract - if anything it's the pistons' doctors who misdiagnosed his injury in the first place and hit him with painkillers so he could play - and whoever made the decision in orlando. Anyway, why look to the past, the team has some good young players now - future is looking bright for orlando with or without hill.

I'd love to see hill plays for detroit again and retires as a piston.
I don't think he'd play for the lakers, they're not a contender to begin with and they don't need small forward anyway - but that may change if KG signs with them.

Latest rumour hill is going to phoenix, makes sense as phoenix is a contender and have lots of young players.

Back
Top Bottom