Grading - Are these cards worth sending in? *WARNING* big scans

Verse1

No Glove, No love.
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
VerseOne79
Hey all just want some opinions on these cards if you think they are worth sending in for grading. If yes do you have opinions on what they'd grade?

*WARNING* Bigs scans - Click image for super sized image

Pippen Autographics
170420112489.jpg

170420112492.jpg

170420112490.jpg

170420112491.jpg

170420112493.jpg

170420112496.jpg

170420112494.jpg

170420112495.jpg

Jordan UD Authentics
170420112497.jpg

170420112500.jpg

170420112498.jpg

170420112499.jpg

170420112501.jpg

170420112504.jpg

170420112502.jpg

170420112503.jpg

Jordan SPX ProMotion
170420112505.jpg

170420112508.jpg

170420112506.jpg

170420112507.jpg

170420112509.jpg

170420112512.jpg

170420112510.jpg

170420112511.jpg

Jordan All-Star Die-Cut
170420112513.jpg

170420112516.jpg

170420112514.jpg

170420112515.jpg

170420112517.jpg

170420112520.jpg

170420112518.jpg

170420112519.jpg

Def get the Pippen and Jordan authentics graded the all star die cut looks in good condition but the auto would probably only get a 8 or 9 IMO.

The Pippen I say yes, the Authentics yes, the other 2 I wouldn't. While I understand grading and its benefits, personally I prefer ungraded cards and there is a card im looking at buying shortly that's graded, but will be busted out if I win it.

Cheers
Matt

Ay Nick. I just reckon the Pippen as it looks as though it would grade really well, the other 3 I am a little skeptical on. Nothing overly wrong with them though, which i'm guessing you realise otherwise you wouldna bothered requesting opinions. The Die-Cut All-Star is actually pretty sweet physically imo, just the auto looks a little sketchy. Edging on the Authentics looks as though it may be a let down. Same with the ProMotion, especially on the back of the card where the inwards corners meet (especially the inwards corners on that first pic). Cornering looks decent on the Pippen, Die-Cut and Authentics, except maybe the upper-left back corner of the Authentics? The lighting may have a fair bit to do with what I'm picking on though, and may be much smoother in hand. Centering looks sweet on all counts, and surfaces too, although the ProMo looks like it may have very insignificant fine scarring in a couple of places (hard to tell from pics obviously). Can't really even guess at what rough figures they'd grade at coz I'm absolutely clueless with grading :) Am just being really critical because I know how much of let down it would be to go to the effort and have them return and disappoint. End of the day, ya got nothing to lose with having a go with any of the 4, those points are just what sticks out to me. Freakin' sexy cards tho and all depends on what grades you'd be happy with getting too. All the best, keep us posted if you go ahead with them :thumbsup:

Tough to tell with pictures, I usually use a jewelers loop and check corners front and back, also edges. Then check card surface. Centering is hard to tell sometimes.
Sometimes pictures look worse, sometimes they look better. Grab yourself a loop.

The Jordan auto buyback has a horrible fading auto and will only get worse with time, so I suggest you get it encased to reduce fading.

Die cut cards are tough to get high grades, but when you do get a high grade their value can easily double or triple.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a loop, $10, it will pay for itself and save you time when submitting cards to beckett.

They look at first glance, is that a small crease in front of the Pippen autographics ?

Hard to tell for certain on just photos but they they look pretty good from what I can see. Give it a shot :D

Like what the others say - Pippen yes, no to the rest but really hard to just judge on picks.

Let's say you do the MJs, will you be happy with 8.5 (better leave it as raw) or 9.0 (this is questionable)?

For very high end stuff like yours Nick, I will prefer to save up for a trip to the US and attend a card show where there is grading and grade it on the spot.

They look at first glance, is that a small crease in front of the Pippen autographics ?

Where abouts? There was no visible creases i could see :eek:

The flash seems to have made them look worse, especially on the SPX. Its not chipping just the way the light is refracting off the edges. There's minor chipping on the back on the top left and a little on the top edge.
All are in better condition then the BGS 8.5 MJ i have and broke out so going off that card these would all be BGS 9's or better.

The All-Star isn't faded just bubbled as with the rest of the auto's from that set. The pen didn't like the surface on these :mad:

---------- Post added 18-04-2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

Graham: Have you got any high quality scans of your PSA 9 & 10's before you sent them for grading?

WOW!!! I would grade them all. If I were to keep them for myself I would still get them graded, or actually to tell you the truth I would probably just slab them "Authentic" but to sell I would definetly grade them, because people feel more confortable buying a graded card imo, or at least most people...

Great cards man, I want them ALL! :)

IMO you might want to get the Pippen graded but the others I wouldn't bother with - unless you want them in nice solid holders - in which case just get them graded as 'authentic' and not get the actual card condition rated.

I'm not much of a fan of the authentic grade, I see that as the person grading them knew they were below BGS9 so chose to just authenticate them instead.

I'd be more worried about sending them to the US than what grade they come back with Nick! I reckon plan a holiday and get them done then and there...

I'm not much of a fan of the authentic grade, I see that as the person grading them knew they were below BGS9 so chose to just authenticate them instead.

I'd be more worried about sending them to the US than what grade they come back with Nick! I reckon plan a holiday and get them done then and there...

I volunteer to be your chaperone when you go Nick! :D

Well I would never send a card to the US to get graded. What if it gets lost in the mail and all that BS. Like some others are seeing, try and get to the YS and get it graded at a card show. And I would grade the Pippen but not the others. That's just me.

I would grade them all...

First off, the buy backs are just that, buybacks. They are not going to find any 10's out there and even if they did, the added wear and tear on the card that would come along with an on card auto would cause some chipping or whatever. All Jordan autos that are buybacks should be graded and encased. The fade is only going to get worse and you cant really show off the cards because if they are chipping now, god only knows what its going to look like in a few years. It will also save the auto a bit for you as the UV protection will hold the auto to the card a bit longer.

If you went to sell these cards, it would be for novelty more then anything as they so limited in buyback population you would get a fair price for it anyway. Obviously the better grade, the more $$$, but at this point, I would be looking to save the card from more damage of chipping and fading.

The Pippen card has a soft corner at the bottom front right I believe. The card itself would get a 8.0-9.0 at best. The Gloss would have to be spot on to get 8.5 or higher though. Hard to centre a card which has no centre really, so you would lose .5 just for that alone.

However you see it or feel, I would get them graded. You have 4 great looking cards there mate, I would love to see them protected as there are very nice for any collection!

Best of luck with them

---------- Post added 20-04-2011 at 02:35 AM ----------

Well I would never send a card to the US to get graded. What if it gets lost in the mail and all that BS. Like some others are seeing, try and get to the YS and get it graded at a card show. And I would grade the Pippen but not the others. That's just me.

One at a time. Make sure you insure them for FULL highest value you can find for that card and hope its less the $1000. That way you dont get blasted paying tax for something you already own, which really gets up my nose... Do one as a test and see if your happy with the results. If it takes a few months to get them all done, so be it, but atleast you will be happy and if you do end up getting it hijacked off the African coast, then insurance will pay you for it and you can then go get another and have some $$$$ to spare!

The Pippen is sharp its the pic that makes the corner look soft for some reason. I've sold the buy back aswell as i couldn't handle looking at the sig on it.
Yeah i wouldn't send them without full insurance its just not worth it, on cards with this high a value it'd be silly not to spend the extra $50 for full cover.

Nick - I have sent 3 batches of cards to Beckett using Australia Post Express Courier International (trackable online) and each time it will cost you at least $100 (AUD$60 to get there and US$44 to get back), this does NOT include insurance.

Beckett uses Global Express mail which is similar to our Express Courier International and insurance is US$1.25 for every $100. Can't remember how much Australia post charges for insurance. You can choose the 10 day grading service which is still pretty quick.

This is tracking using USPS (can also check on Australia post) for my latest submissions - takes around 1 week.

"Label/Receipt Number: ED00 xxxxxxA U
Class: Express Mail International®

Your item was delivered at 11:34 am on April 18, 2011 in DALLAS, TX 75244 to BECKETT . The item was signed for by J KINDRED.

Delivered, April 18, 2011, 11:34 am, DALLAS, TX 75244
Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available), April 18, 2011, 9:53 am, DALLAS, TX 75244
Arrival at Post Office, April 18, 2011, 4:11 am, DALLAS, TX 75234
Processed through Sort Facility, April 17, 2011, 10:08 pm, DALLAS, TX 75260
Processed through Sort Facility, April 16, 2011, 5:05 pm, LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231
Forwarded, April 16, 2011, 9:57 am, LITTLE ROCK, AR
Processed through Sort Facility, April 16, 2011, 9:39 am, LITTLE ROCK, AR 72231
Inbound Out of Customs, April 15, 2011, 1:21 pm
Inbound Into Customs
Inbound International Arrival, April 12, 2011, 2:03 pm, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
Foreign International Dispatch, April 12, 2011, 1:15 am, ADELAIDE EMS, AUSTRALIA
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Foreign Acceptance, April 11, 2011, 12:37 pm, AUSTRALIA"

Back
Top Bottom