Got Love Aust Post

I heard a story on the radio that Aust Post are looking at closing some smaller regional sorting centres (in Vic at least) and have been trialling running all sorting through their Dandenong mail centre......apparently this has caused some delays in mail from regional centres.

Australia Post is really sad. Refuse to accept any responsibility and deny there is any problem. Make you wait 4 weeks before even doing a search (3 months for overseas stuff). But do you know what is even sadder. You sell an item on Ebay. A week later the guy is jumping up and down demanding to know where his item is and threatening to open a PayPal dispute. After another week, despite offers of a replacement, he still wants to proceed to a PayPal dispute. So you give him a refund but he gives you negative feedback anyway. 2 months later he gets the item, doesn't let you know he got it, doesn't repay the money and does not not revise the feedback. That is really sad.

Not to flog a deal horse, AUPOST are not the worst of the worst. Been waiting ages for a Lord Mesa PC sketch card I bought from a seller in the states. Its been 3 weeks since it was sent Priority International so I checked the tracking last night on the priority international item to discover the it was in France..........holy cow.

Last edited:
I just lodged a complaint. Postie has a habbit of carding me without knocking first. Wife home all day and found card in the mailbox - lazy prick.
Must be the season for it. My postie pulled the same move yesterday. So annoying.

happened to me every time for the past year or so, our postie changed from a bloke on a bike to a prick who drives a white lancer and cards me before knocking every time. i chase him down and get him at someone else's house if i'm home and check the letter box straight away, ive complained to aus post i reckon 4 times and nothing changes.

We have one of the posties who likes to leave cards even when we are home and sometimes we are lucky to even get a card. Also on about a dozen or more occasions in the last 6 months we've recieved our neigbhours mail and also had our mail be delivered a couple of streets over!

Australia post services are so hit and miss, the people working in my local are awesome and very helpful....until you complain!!! they just laugh and shrug it off, have had an item take two and a half weeks from Perth to Bendigo, have sent items to south Australia that have taken a week and a half to get there, yet most things from the west coast of the usa take about 4 days...that's the trouble we have here, one postal company equals not really caring, because what other option do we have?????

Here is something you guys may not know. When you send a parcel overseas and fill out the green customs declaration the article ID you get cannot be tracked using the Aust Post tracking system. If you call Aust Post they can track it for you up to the point it leaves Australia. Overseas countries do not recognize the article ID. If you want a number that can be tracked overseas you must pay extra. So what is the point of having the article ID. And why bother printing it on your receipt.

So here's my latest episode

Get home Friday from work, I find a red slip for collection at 9.30am Saturday at the post office. I think discover a second envelope scrunched up and shoved in the newspaper tube section despite being able to slide flat into the mail slot. Don't even ask me of it's condition when I opened it.

Saturday I go to the post office at 11am ready to rage only for them tell me they can't find my parcel and will call me after they shut the doors and have a better look. Midday rolls around when they close and, no surprise that I get no phone call. They couldn't even care less about the point above either.

Our postie knocks on the door, but then doesn't wait for an answer and immediately goes back to his bike - I've been literally sitting next to the door, and in the 3 seconds to open the door, he's leaving!!!!
I'm sure he has the cards already written up but has gotten in trouble for not knocking, so it's just for show!

I had 17 individual bubble mailers today (nice mail day) 12 were stuffed in the mailbox aggressively , the rest were left on the ground next to my mailbox.

Back
Top Bottom