For graded card fans. Ultra pro Clam shell holders.

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
For Scotty coz trying to explain this to him is like teaching Homer Simpson a name change in the witness protection scheme #-o

Not the best pics but is hard to show on camera.

I'm sure a lot of you have them just in team bags to stop scratching as reslabing them can cost an arm and a leg with postage etc.

Basically is two pieces of hard but pliable plastic. The card sits in the back one with two little bars raised so there is a slight gap between the card and holder. The front piece then fits on top of the bottom one and locks into place with tabs on the sides at the four corner points. I initially tried out the BGS size and loved it so ordered four packs of 3 in my last NW order. Packs are $4.

They come in PSA and BGS sizes and I've found that GAI also fit great in the PSA ones. SGC don't fit unfortunatley in either :(

I know Vinsanity has some nice graded cards and so does Mr Hill psa of course. While not a viable alternative for stack of cards its great for those out on display and they sit on the stands well.

Here's the pics guys. With a psa card so you can see the difference sort of in thickness.

2003_010.jpg

2003_0550011.jpg

20520.jpg

542006.jpg

42410005.jpg

Stacks of new stuff in the Ultra Pro range now inlcuding cool ideas like 100 count boxes with diamond corners just like the mag holders to stop corner damage etc.

Check it out here. Its a 10mb pdf dowload but well worth it and I'm sure Col at NW can get it all in for you.

http://69.13.190.54/page.php?pname=about/catalogs

I love the 8 x 10 holder on swivel stand! :D

chadjaja® said:
For Scotty coz trying to explain this to him is like teaching Homer Simpson a name change in the witness protection scheme #-o

Like this Chad?:lol:

Agent: Tell you what, sir. From now on, you'll be, uh, Homer Thompson
at Terror Lake. Let's just practise a bit, hmm? When I say,
"Hello, Mr. Thompson," you'll say, "Hi."
Homer: Check.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson.
Homer: [stares blankly]
Agent: Remember now, your name is Homer Thompson.
Homer: I gotcha.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson.
Homer: [stares blankly]
[A long time later]
Agent: [sighs in frustration] Now, when I say, "Hello, Mr. Thompson,"
and press down on your foot, you smile and nod.
Homer: No problem.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson! [stomps on Homer's foot a few times]
Homer: [stares blankly to other agent] I think he's talking to you.

Thanks for the info by the way...!

Cheers
Matt

Really not sure I see the idea of it, other than protecting the protection that's protecting the card???? LMAO!!

Gotcha tho!

Looks OK I guess.... Thanks for the scans and the catalogue!!!!!!

I just tried for you and they are too wide for the PSA ones by a about 1-2mm and too long for the BGS ones. Sorry dude. I feel your pain. There are no ones to fit SGC yet either :-(

Glad you bumped this actually.

I think I've changed my mind now, since a couple of my holders have developed minor scratches, a PSA 10 holder would suck to have a scratch over the top of it.

Can you get Team Bags for PSA holders???

What a clam shell for Exqusite-thickness PSA holders?? Those suckers are massive...

Thanks for the bump Chad. If you have a spare one of these clam shells, can you please PM me as I would like to try one out and see what my graded slab looks like in one of these before buying a pack. Thanks! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom