Baseball FL: Beach Bums vs. Washington Wild Things Featuring Bill Freehan 6/17/07

sigman101

OzCardTrader
Real Name
N
Went out to Wuerfel Park yesterday very early for what was called Bill Freehan day. I made sure that I got out to the Wuerfel yesterday very early to get in line since that he was conducting a free signing before the game. I was glad to be first in line!!! If I wanted to be first in line for any Beach Bums game this year, this was the game that I wanted to be first in line for. Anyhow here are the results:

Frontier League: Traverse City Beach Bums vs. Washington Wild Things Featuring a Bill Freehan appearance 6/17/07

Bill Freehan 1 Sports Illustrated Cover, 8 cards (I was first in line for this event. It got off to a rocky start since that once they opened the doors, they were telling everybody in line that Bill Freehan was only signing 1 item. Well when we got to the table he was at and it was all said and done, after when Bill signed our first items we presented to him, he said that you can loop around if you wanted to get him again. So I of course got my SI cover done right away and sure enough when I came around again, he did all 8 cards for me. He also took notice that I am a card collector of which I was honored by that comment. Major props to you for taking notice of the card collectors Bill and for saying that if we needed to get you again, loop around the line. Luckily this worked out to the better for my friend and I since that after our 2nd go arounds with Bill, 100 more people showed up behind us in line. It helps to get to these events early.)

Washington Wild Things

Tom Cochran 3 cards
Ian Heisel 1 card
Gus Hlebovy 1 card
Jarod Rine 22/24 cards (I offered him 2 cards and post game he gave me a ball. Heads up to anyone else seeing him this year that if you offer him a couple cards, he might be able to get a ball for you post game. This guy is a signing machine.)
John Massarelli 8 cards

Team printout roster page

J.J. Hollenbeck
Chris Sidick
Robert Vernon

Traverse City Beach Bums

Stephen T. Young 1 side panel baseball

Those are all the results I have to share. I also want to point out that at this game, I was able to snag 3 baseballs, and a free pop can cup holder tossed into the crowd. I almost got a free t-shirt tossed into the crowd, but I did not try for it since I got 4 things already. That t-shirt was thrown in my direction but if it got 6 feet closer, I would of had it right in my spot but then again I was not desperately trying to get it. If I did, I would of had it but it was not a big deal to me.

Bill Freehan was great with the fans that had multiple things for him to sign and probably told alot of fans to loop around again if you need to get him again. I have to give major props to him for that. It baffles me that this guy was a 5 time Gold Glove winner, a 11 time MLB All Star, and a World Series champ and he is not in the Hall of Fame. The Baseball Hall of Fame should be calling for this former MLB player. Thanks alot for looking!!!

Next up for me: Traverse City Beach Bums vs. Rockford Riverhawks 7/20

Back
Top Bottom