Finals: Game 3, West Coast vs Sydney.

Richo i think the pressure of finals footy is a major factor. Sydney are just so good at controlling the ball. The thing i didnt understand was when you guys hit the lead and didnt drop a bloke back into the backline to help Glass and that.

Chad Fletcher is a very average footballer too i may add...

Chad Fletcher, Brent Staker & Rowan Jones have the worst disposal rate in the team......you'll get no arguments from me ! As for the tactics, I don't think we needed to drop anyone back to help Glass.....I think we needed to dispose of the ball properly and stop the unforced errors & turnovers. We had the lead with 2 minutes to go, Armstrong had no idea what to do (pressure) so he handballs it to Wirapunda who has to kick under pressure - TURNOVER, free man to free man run with the ball kick, mark, goal - game !

several things have surfaced from that match:
*Fletcher is a crab
*Banfield is a crab
*Jones is a crab
*Lacras is a crab

These players do not belong in finals football!

Banfield had an off night, he is no crab, he has played well this year, Lacras had no chance due to the flodding tactics and the WCE's poor disposal but as for Fletcher & Jones - No arguments here mate !

I'll say one thing though - The WCE played better than your Dockers did today - they were outright SH*T :lol:

yeah that's true

hopefully the pies win tomorrow and my 2nd team will have a chance of eliminating the eagles next week

Yeah I did mate, had $50 on Sydney but i would have gladly lost it :(

Great stuff mate, glad you followed up on your words!!! :)

Man, I have lost 8 years off my life, but it was the sweetest win ever and I will treasure this heart breaker for the Eagles sssssoooo much. There are footy gods out there.

What do you mean by saying you would have gladly lost it?

On Chick? I haven't seen another replay of it yet, but it did look shocking at first and the commentators seemed to be pretty sure he was in a bit of strife?

Man, I am still stoked about the win. Wwooohhh!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Richo - Oh, never mind, I get why you would have gladly lost mate.

But seriously, it takes more guts thinking with your head and going "against" your favoured team. Well done.

If it wasn't for those 2 players and their tactics, I would have loved this game as one of the greats for sure.

O.k, I have head spin and money has cleared on my account! Oh man, I have money to spend on more cards!!!!! Yyyyaaahhh!!!!! Wooohhh!!!!!!!

Not a bad game that. If I were an Eagles supporter I'd be pretty pissed off with Worsfold because he still hasn't worked out any new way to attack the Swans. They're clearly a better side, but they play a style of footy against the Swans that plays right into their hands. Swans v Crows is gonna be the Grand Final this year now I'd say.

Its hedge betting. You bet against your team and whoever wins, youre happy! (or sad in Richo's case!)

Yep, I just didn't know he supported the eagles from what he wrote before they played. I just assumed he was a Swans supporter, being in NSW and saying he was getting on the $2.80 for the Swans to win.

I personally couldn't hack the heart ache on being on the wrong side of the fence again, even though I was so sure they would win, as the Swans are so much better this year and take out the rorted mistake by the Umpire and the lop sided free kicks, I was always favouring the Swans big time.
So I just unloaded on them with the head start. I felt like dieing at some stages of the game, and it was just an amazing game alround.

Just saw the Hunter incident again on Ten, and man, that is exactly what i am talking about. It was a joke, and like the commentators said, he got the come upeens in the end with Micky kicking the winning goal.

swannies ey.. not a good weekend for wa fans.. but a great weekend for fans from the eastern states.. ;) hi :)

what a round.. woooo..

It certainly was a great weekend for sure :)

Man, I don't think I can fall asleep for 2 days now, I am so pumped right now and my head is spinning.
But I do feel for the WA supporters, when the Swans got done by that "wrong" free kick in last years final, I couldn't sleep for ages, thinking, why? How could we have been wronged? Even though they admitted the mistake? Close loses are the ones the hurt most, especially if you are at home and the odds on favourites to win easily.

Not a bad game that. If I were an Eagles supporter I'd be pretty pissed off with Worsfold because he still hasn't worked out any new way to attack the Swans. They're clearly a better side, but they play a style of footy against the Swans that plays right into their hands.

Bargey - Your spot on with how I feel mate, we do just play into their hands......I'm too gutted to talk about this game any more, i'll cash in my $50 bet at $2.80 ($140) and just wait till next week now :mad: :(

Bargey - Your spot on with how I feel mate, we do just play into their hands......I'm too gutted to talk about this game any more, i'll cash in my $50 bet at $2.80 ($140) and just wait till next week now :mad: :(

Enjoy the dosh mate, cause I sure as hell I am going on a shopping spree right now on E-Bay.

At least you made some money from it, last time around, I ended up losing and didn't hedge, plus the "mistake" and it was just a terrible feeling I can emphasise with you.

And your team is not out! You shouldnt feel too down Richo, Id much prefer the cash in a non-elimination final ;)

Thanks guys.....just REALLY disappointed !

I always hedge my bets, I went to last years GF and did it then so I collected some $$$ from another WCE loss :( I wasn't as gutted about that loss as I am about tonights loss....not sure why but when I was posting before I was REALLY P*SSED OFF !!! I am still annoyed but have calmed somewhat now :lol:

Thanks guys.....just REALLY disappointed !

I always hedge my bets, I went to last years GF and did it then so I collected some $$$ from another WCE loss :( I wasn't as gutted about that loss as I am about tonights loss....not sure why but when I was posting before I was REALLY P*SSED OFF !!! I am still annoyed but have calmed somewhat now :lol:
Money quickly makes ppl come to their senses, hey Richo! ;)

As someone who hates the eagles second only to the pies, let me just say...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!:smt082 :smt082 :smt082

Such an enjoyable game to watch! It must really suck to be a West Australian this weekend :lol:

well .. the teams that wheren't expected to win have won.. the eagles have crashed landed.. the dees have shaken off their first round hoodoo, the crows are back, is it the doggies turn??

micky o.. what a game he played.. experience matters most when it comes to finals (ala essendon 2k3 at subi).. call it what you will, but it's true.. could west coast become the port adelaide of the late 90's/early 2ks?

Back
Top Bottom