Fav base cards

bas

OzCardTrader
Real Name
mat
heya, just curious what you guys/gals fav base cards r from over the years, to kick it off i'll begin
96-97 flair
98-99 fleer brilliants
02-03 spx
03-04 topps je

edit - just wanted 2 add a couple
97 spx
00-01 sp game floor

My Fav all time base set is by far are the very first NBA cards i collected during the fad back in the day.... 92-93 Upper Deck !! Awesome Memories trying to Collect the set of those :D

I like the spx 99 00 and all the old school 92 93 upper deck rocks when I started collecting again last october I really like dthe sweet shot 05 06 base.

bas - Do you have any of the 98/99 Fleer Brilliants and know how impossible to keep them in GemMt condition???

Personally, I like the 06/07 Fleer 86/87 Parallel. Pretty much like most base set designs though.

There are a lot of nice looking sets around, so it's hard to choose but this years Ovation quite attractive. I also really liked the 95-96 Feer Metal design even though I didn't collect the set.

hey clarky, yeah but just the kmalone base and barkley blue parallel and nah didn't know they were so condition sensative but still love em, another base set i like is 99-00 skybox apex but seems like democracy has ruled in favour of 92-93 ud, thanx 4 all the replies guys

For me, 93-94 topps finest set..

It was my first time collecting, when i was chasing Penny Hardaway rookie card... introduction of refractors... took me about 5 months to get Penny Hardaway rookie alone, and i bought it from newsgroup trading card... that time, no internet browser available, what i did was, joined the newsgroup, read every single news.. save my money and bought his rookie at bargain 25$ LOL... that was worth $40...

until today, i haven't even complete the base set.. LOL

please help me complete it..

93-94 finest # 35, 96, 99,107, 159, 160, 194

thanks for reading.... :)

wish i could mate, they r a nice set but as far as finest goes i like the 95-96 finest base cards

I've gotta agree with the 93-94 topps finest.
They started an on-going love affair between finest and I.

When they came out they stopped the hobby, remember? I remember articles in BBM and Collectors Sportlook about how to tell if your card was a refractor...!!

AHHHHH they were the days.... No peel-off protectors, numbered RC's, graded cards, AU RC's, or even GU stuff! Just shiny, SHINY, technocolor plastic and corners sharp enough to shave seconds off minutes!

"Refractor" written on the back?! Huh! WHEN I WAS A BOY, we didn't HAVE ANY writing on the backs AT ALL! If WE wanted writing on the back we had to make it OURSELVES!
Right guys?

Guys?

Regards, Shane.

wish i could mate, they r a nice set but as far as finest goes i like the 95-96 finest base cards

95-96 is a great set..but i don't own it LOL.. actually, many finest sets are very nice.... i still love finest cards until today.. it's just that many cards have been produced and many fractors have been released.. just felt finest scarcity has been reduced as they produced more and more.. like 2 per box in 93, now like 8 fractors per box... from 24 packs down to 18 packs.. LOL..

And the age and spending power of the current collectors are high and different... for myself, i cannot spend much for my hobby... as the card boxes prices are insanely expensive nowadays..

i must admit, the initial hardcore collectors, who started around early 80s are now already at their mid-30s or older.. they can afford things like exquisite collection for $1000. i was a bit lucky to start collecting 94-95 ultra for about $1.5 a pack... i dunno how today young collectors are facing.....IMHO, that's another thing this collecting business is going wrong, card companies are keeping the price with hardcore collectors' age. i think they should embrace young collectors and should release reasonable series.. (even bazooka wasn't that cheap and highest card in the release won't be worth much, d.wade relic $15???)... that's very discouraging.. anyway, a bit off topic now LOL

I always liked the look of 93/94 Skybox Premium, but also like 93/94 Upper Deck, 94/95 Flair and quite like the look of the new Press PAss Legends, but havent seen them in hand, should soon have a few Morrions coming in

I'll throw in another vote for 92-93 Upper Deck. I still fondly remember how much of a thrill it was to pick up the Magic and Bird short prints.

I'm also partial to 01-02 releases, because that was the year I began to take card collecting seriously. Upper Deck (flagship), SPx, Ultimate, and Fleer Showcase were some faves.

Back
Top Bottom