Kobe!

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
There isn't a whole heap of Kobe Bryant amongst my collection, but when the price is right and the opportunity exists I'll pick up the odd card here and there. Other cards might form part of a set chase, suffice it to say this is whatever Kobe I'vee picked up over several years (probably some pre-COVID cards in this little lot too).

2003-04 Upper Deck Victory - I really like the Victory designs, really nice for a rather lowish end product. The phrase "clutch shooters" just about sums things up!

SCN_0106.jpg

1996 Score Board Basketball Rookies -
I get that the unlicensed stuff isn't overly popular, but when some if it pre-dates the actual RC and has some good action shots I really feel some of those PRCs and the like are a bit under-valued and over-looked. DInged top right corner means I must have got this reaaaaaal cheap.

SCN_0107.jpg

2000-01 Upper Deck MVP - MVPerformers -
This forms part of a very, very slowly evolving set chase (I refuse to pay $12 for a Keith Van Horn!) Really nice looking cards in-hand.

SCN_0110.jpg

2001-02 SPx - Sample - I
don't know why, but I've always had a soft spot for sample, promo and preview cards. Captures the hype before the actual release, first cards offered, all that sort of good stuff.

SCN_0108.jpg

SCN_0109.jpg

2002-03 Upper Deck - Dunkvision -
Another card for a set chase which is actually quite cloae to completion, I have the Jordan and and Bryant so not quite sure who or what is holding me back!

SCN_0111.jpg

1996-97 Fleer Ultra Encore Rookies BGS 8.5 - Love him or hate him, graded RC of any superstar is a must have - this one had quite good eye appeal and the centerign grade seemed a bit harsh imho. Among the better designed and looking RCs too.

SCN_0112.jpg

Thanks for the look through the archives.

Also much love for standing firm on the KVH! (I just looked it up on COMC 😱)

With you on the Sample/Promo cards mate - some cool ones out there

also like the Kobe High School card - sick photo

You know you're talking about the early years when it's pre Fro-be. I should showcase all the promo sample cards I;ve picked up over the years, but they;re all scattered into parts unknown....

Great pick ups of the Mamba!
Personally, I like the shoes on the Dunkvision - another iconic part of Adidas and Mamba history!

Thanks for the look through the archives.

Also much love for standing firm on the KVH! (I just looked it up on COMC 😱)
Sometimes it's just about principle! heh heh

Great Kobe PC, im also into the sample card of MJ as wellm it give a bit of different look as offical one. :thumbsup:

The sig was a rushed effort of what I had already uploaded. I will get some Nique up there soon.
Will have to be something You-Nique of course :D

Sick! Who doesn't like UD Black! To keep it authentic you should have some soft rounded white corners.... heh heh

Great Kobe PC, im also into the sample card of MJ as wellm it give a bit of different look as offical one. :thumbsup:

I only have a few other Kobes, but yes, sampel and promo cards kind of hit a bit different, I tend to go out of my way to collect them.

Back
Top Bottom