ESP Limited Edition Trading cards

i still think the 2003 game day jersey cards are better because they come from an actual game. Even the unsigned ones are better I think. I like game used stuff.

i don't think it is that hard to use real game day used jerseys patch for nrl. The woman in league round auctions where not that expensive. 1 to 2 k for a real game used jersey that would make 500 card patches easy.

i still think the 2003 game day jersey cards are better because they come from an actual game. Even the unsigned ones are better I think. I like game used stuff.

i don't think it is that hard to use real game day used jerseys patch for nrl. The woman in league round auctions where not that expensive. 1 to 2 k for a real game used jersey that would make 500 card patches easy.

Yeah, but those are regular NRL jerseys. Rep ones are different, players want to hold onto them most of the time, or donate them to charity.

Hopefully ESP can get some game worn for next year's NRL release.

Imo as these are proper authentic jerseys and they are also signed, they own the random logo unsigned patch cards Select has done for their series two AFL release.

Ok sports fans, here is some information on the odds

Parallel Cards 1:3 packs (60 in a case)

Signature Cards 1:60 packs (3 in a case)

Jersey Signature Cards 1:60 packs (3 in a case)

Redemption Cards for Game Balls 1:25,200 packs (that works out to an 840 case limited release).

Oh, and 3 Case Cards that are yet to be approved.

thoughts.............

wow!!! my excitement level just nose dived !!!

Looks like the only way to ensure you would get fair value out of buying them is to buy a case. Pretty crazy way to try and move packs/boxes.

They cut up three whole match footballs to put them into 6 cards....... Two cards for each ball?????

Seriously????

Am I the only disturbed by this fact???

I think I need sleep. Lol. My sister is in the process of giving birth..... It's been a long night... Day... And heading into night again...

I might just go for a nap... :)

I wonder how people would feel about this set if the sig cards were one per box, rather than 2/3, and there was another one per box insert - say a five card man of the match series - one each for the All Stars and ANZAC Test, and one for each origin. I reckon that would improve it heaps.

Wow, I have been out of the loop with nrl. First I heard about this new set was 20 minutes ago when I stumbled across this thread. My intial excitement and grand plans to return to NRL collecting had the handbrake applied when I saw 3-400 of each signature card. I fear that if future releases go this way they will water down the market and make top players signatures worthless. 400 signatures each of Inglis/Smith/Marshall/Thurston etc in this one release alone - and who knows how many in future releases could kill the value. Is the NRL market big enough to support this? Maybe, I dont really know. I just hope they dont flood it and kill it, sounds like they are planning a lot of releases.

Pretty much every signature card was from a top calibre player from memory looking at that checklist. Players of this calibre should have limited numbers when it comes to autos. What they needed to do was include lower end player signatures. Have higher number 4-500 sigs of lower end guys from all star and indig teams, with more limited numbers for the big guns.

I still think this is a step in the right direction. There are some great signs here, great ideas. Select is the reason I quit NRL collecting, so Im excited to see what ESP can do, may bring back to NRL.

I still remember a thread on this site from a few years ago where the vast majority were screaming for patch cards, state of origin cards, game ball cards - which sounds like they have planned for future releases, and we have it, so I dont quite understand why people are saying tbhings like I miss select already. Sure I understand there are select fans, but surely a fresh approach isnt a bad thing, Select have produced the same set of cards for the last 15 years. How many Club player of the year and team of the year sets do you want?

I also like how it looks that the signatures will be on the jersey itself, very cool. But I just hope they dont flood the market and kill the value. One only has to look at Topps and the UFC to see how they managed to water down the market there, way too many signatures of the top calibre guys, takes a bit away from the hobby in my opinion. Im sure basketball has the same problem.

Some very solid support for ESP here and I can't argue that they are making a statement with their first release. As one who has been an advocate of Select over the years I will also admit that Select got lazy, they ignored their customer base and that they also flogged dead horses. My argument for Select was that they produced high quality, collectible cards (despite production flaws that have been mentioned to death). What I want from ESP is the same high quality and I haven't seen that yet in this first release. I will reserve judgement until next year's releases. I won't be buying the first set as I'm not sold on the jersey cards or the insert ratios and I don't really want a football - I collect cards. I do sincerely hope that their product is better than Select because now they're all we've got.

Just noticed Dan's NRL has individual card prices up for ESP:

Sig and patch cards: $165 each
Parallel: $12-$15 each
Common set: $25
Folder: $25
Base/Folder combo: $45
Duel sig: N/A
Box: $135

Obviously eBay will be a different story....

Back
Top Bottom