ESP Limited Edition Trading cards

Counting-chickens-B4-Hatched.jpg

Think about the numbers.

ESP - at 840 cases there are 700 sets. Dynasty - at 380 cases there are 860 sets.

One set sells for $100-$120. One will be selling for $700 odd based on these prices.

And for small timers, even if you were tempted to buy a box, you'd almost be better off just buying the cards outright. $140 gets you a 2:3 chance of hitting either a patch sig or cap sig, or you could put $140 into eBay auctions, would guarantee you the sig card you wanted most and likely have change to go toward a base set.
Sure, no parallel cards, but they're only parallel cards. They'd need to be dyed red with the players' blood to make a box worth the risk.

I think what we all have to get out of our heads is they are not SELECT and we can not compare ESP prices to what we have been paying for Select products .....I think this will be a totally new ball game with prices .....

Think about the numbers.

ESP - at 840 cases there are 700 sets. Dynasty - at 380 cases there are 860 sets.

One set sells for $100-$120. One will be selling for $700 odd based on these prices.

But how much harder is it collect a set of the ESP Parallels .....How many cases do you have to open ?????

But how much harder is it collect a set of the ESP Parallels .....How many cases do you have to open ?????

That's very true Warren but i dont see a set of these selling for 7 times the price of a Select parallel set when they have a similar production run.

Dan's prices have him hoping to double his money on a case.

Good luck to him but im not sure if the market can support those prices after all the money just shelled out on Dynasty. I will be happy to be proved wrong though!!

Well going on past results, ESP have dumped unsold stock so I guess we can expect the same with this just by going on the production run.

I think their biggest problem is Dynasty. It was a great release and most of us have gone hard after it. I certainly dont have money to be chasing cases or boxes.

Seller can put whatever prices they want on things but if people are not biting........

Well going on past results, ESP have dumped unsold stock so I guess we can expect the same with this just by going on the production run.

I truely hope they don't because the way I see it is this 1st release is going to be a hard sell as the value for your $$$ dosen't seem to be there & it would be much cheaper to buy the cards you want than buy boxes or cases. I've heard they are not selling to well on presales & with all the resellers spending up big on Dynasty they are only committing to 1 or 2 cases at this time.
Next release is going to be their Stax attack version for the kids - Also going to be a Big run so by the time they get to their premium release next year they might have a lot of unsold stock from the first two releases & a lot of $$ injected with little return for their investment. I hope I'm wrong or it could be the end of NRL cards for a couple of years untill a new player can getup & running!
:eek::eek:

This is a realistic possibility and a pretty dire one for NRL collectors. I just can't understand why ESP would be so gung-ho with their first release. Surely they would have expected collectors to be drawn to Select's last hurrah and would not a more subtle debut have been more appropriate? This first set seems to be neither here nor there! Straight in with the jersey cards (not game worn but) and the game used football???? Then we have the Team Coach thing to look forward to. I know they are producing a new product and should not be compared to Select, but guess what? They will be. It appears to me that at this point they know precious little about their market.

Back
Top Bottom