Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

it calls into question every break I've ever been in on that page
100%, at the very least people have started questioning their donations.

Let me reiterate, there is nothing wrong with that charity or donating to a good cause. I think people have a right to know/feel why certain people have been able to benefit personally off that goodwill. A simple search on a charity website shows that people are able to donate funds directly and in their own name, whilst receiving a receipt to show proof. Yet people are supposed to send funds directly to a nominated email address? Please.

In terms of a certain Select employee, I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner.

While the person did amazing things in terms of helping get wonderful cards produced, the person was also undermining it all with the way they acted towards certain people/ pages and other break pages whether it this person personally or as part of a inner group of people running a certain page.

I know that at least 3 complaints were made over the last few months about the behaviour shown including reporting people to Government bodies, redirecting stock intended for other break pages and photoshopping the numbers on cards to show another number and releasing the photo.

I fully believe in the idea that this person was trying to create a monopoly within the AFL card collecting world especially after the first two incidents through both the paid position at Select and Admin of one of the biggest pages within AFL cards.

Covid may of played a part in this person being removed from Select, but by the way a certain page has reacted (Breaks cancelled at last moment, admins dodging questions, people still waiting on refunds) I would be led to believe Select have had enough of this behaviour and not only cut this person loose but also the connection to the page they were affiliated with.

mk4.jpg

was this the photoshop issue? i remember the guy who posted the photo at the time took the blame/fall, but didn't think it was him who photoshopped the numbers.

And the fact everyone that would have before jumped on their high horse and defended these people in question when comments like these were made have gone completely silent, just makes me feel sorry for anyone, including me years ago, that put time and money into this Facebook page. They owe everyone an explanation because of the money that has been given over the years, the longer the silence goes on the worse it is. Knowing these people though, they are probably trying to work out a way of wording all this to make themselves look good. It's just a shame that the entire hobby now suffer and wont get sneak peaks.

And the fact everyone that would have before jumped on their high horse and defended these people in question when comments like these were made have gone completely silent, just makes me feel sorry for anyone, including me years ago, that put time and money into this Facebook page. They owe everyone an explanation because of the money that has been given over the years, the longer the silence goes on the worse it is. Knowing these people though, they are probably trying to work out a way of wording all this to make themselves look good. It's just a shame that the entire hobby now suffer and wont get sneak peaks.
I do feel bad for everyone that has donated/gone into breaks thinking everything it above board. i have less sympathy for the parties who have been complicit and been financially benefiting from peoples goodwill. the fact that people are posting in that group and asking what is going on only to be met with complete silence says a lot.

Knowing these people though, they are probably trying to work out a way of wording all this to make themselves look good.

Maybe.... most, besides a few remaining sheep wont buy it though. The flow of information and access to the hobby is not controlled by one page like it used to be... A lot of people towed the line and stayed quite, or only communicated concerns through private messages because they didnt want to lose that access...

Most members tried to be Switzerland, but the page was run like North Korea while pretending to be Mother Teresa

Last edited:
certainly questioning not only the legitimacy of the breaks, but also the fact they are sold out in less than a minute. The page has had zero comment from admin all week, zero Select breaks (despite having a teamcoach one) and all the other things, rugby, NBA etc just carrying on as normal. Many people have invested time and money into supporting the page as a key part of their collecting and we deserve better. I still don't have access to my Paypal funds used for the cancelled break last Friday. The page, the individuals involved and Select are looking worse by the day which is another slap in the face for collectors

So disappointing to here all these allegations, selects last 2 years have been outstanding with all there releases, I can only assume stevic had a big input into those releases, whether he is there or not in the future I really hope they don’t go backwards, the bar has been set now so they can’t afford to slip under it

So disappointing to here all these allegations, selects last 2 years have been outstanding with all there releases, I can only assume stevic had a big input into those releases, whether he is there or not in the future I really hope they don’t go backwards, the bar has been set now so they can’t afford to slip under it

Which is why I'm actually disappointed he took the way he decided to, the ego and greed got in the way of something that was great for collectors and the hobby in general in terms of Select releases in the last 2-3 years.

I may be wrong, but pretty sure this page aint meant to be stacks on the mill, high school style?

huh?

I may be wrong, but pretty sure this page aint meant to be stacks on the mill, high school style?
I guess a lot of people have felt they can't speak for fear of being removed from certain groups and it's all coming to the surface now, aided and encouraged by that group's silence

I don't take part in these break s but I just noticed Sports card world is doing Select Australia videos is that a new thing? Actually re read it they were telling people to subscribe to the Select channel. Anyway hoping we get some previews from somewhere soon

Last edited:
summed it up to perfection..well said

The way it has been talked about yes, that's why I think while they actually did it I believe the method was different which actually makes it legal in a sense.

The person who incurs the debt, is the one technically can claim it going by the ATO.

The method I believe happened was,

1. Admin 1 has a item they can't sell or flip.
2. Admin 2 places the item up as a "charity item"
3. Item sells
4. Admin 2 donates the money to charity and claims it via ATO.
5. Admin 2 receives money and transfers it to Admin 1 showing the money technically went back to the person who incurred the debt thus maybe at least making it legal or at best a grey area.

They just made money potentially at max value by using other people's good intentions on item they initially couldn't get rid of.

Also works as to why one of the biggest flippers who is fiancially connected to the page also happens to donate so much to the "charity auctions"

They could still be doing it the way initially talked about, but I feel it's a very easy way of getting caught.

just an update on this, looks like with the latest auction on the page, they have made a deliberate change and the receipt shows the funds have been donated in the group's 'name'. funny that, after all the posts in this thread, what a weird coincidence? unfortunately, too little too late since that change has validated what people have been saying about admin being able to benefit financially.. i would encourage members of that page to go through all the receipts that have been shown and the emails that have been provided to transfer funds into. quick, get in before these posts have been retroactively deleted or changed.

all this murkey ness and backdoor shenanigans has really turned into a s*#%tshow..
i don't do the group breaks, so does not affect me....yet
it brings a negative vibe and casts a bad light on a side of the hobby many other collectors enjoy
our hobby is bigger and better then this

It’s clearly reflecting on the mood of the members in the group. The last nba and nrl breaks failed to sell out. The nba ones recently have been full within minutes.

It’s clearly reflecting on the mood of the members in the group. The last nba and nrl breaks failed to sell out. The nba ones recently have been full within minutes.

Until they address what’s going on and the rumours floating round, the page will slow down to a halt. Depending on what has gone on, it may never recover to what it was

Until they address what’s going on and the rumours floating round, the page will slow down to a halt. Depending on what has gone on, it may never recover to what it was
yep...address the issues..make a statment or a video.. put your hand up and address the currant situation. Aussies can be very forgiving when one owns up to there mistaķes.. stay silent and it goes south very quickly

yep...address the issues..make a statment or a video.. put your hand up and address the currant situation. Aussies can be very forgiving when one owns up to there mistaķes.. stay silent and it goes south very quickly

100%. Silence is not going to make it go away. There is a big elephant in that room at the moment. People will just leave

100%. Silence is not going to make it go away. There is a big elephant in that room at the moment. People will just leave

Especially with the abundance of break pages now, people are not limited to just one or two pages.

Personally as of yesterday I have moved away entirely from entering breaks on any pages. The amount of money I've paid far exceeds the positive return in cards.

The only situation I can see that benefits me is a case break on release with a PYT system.

Back
Top Bottom