Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

It’s not a issue and I don’t particularly care that much just stating it’s a much nicer card when initials aren’t used. It’s my opinion and no one got killed (slight exaggeration)
and I’m not worrying about it.

I'm with you guys, a poor signature can really make or break a card for me. Yes we all know there are bigger issues in the world, but we are all entitled to have a say on this issue if it's something that bothers us, or doesn't bother us. Just like if someone popped up and said it doesn't bother them we wouldn't argue against their opinion.

I agree with a lot of what has been said above. A nice signature just adds to any memorabilia. Kills me when I see a piece of merchandise with a rushed short-hand signature when I know that the person has signed similar pieces long-hand previously. I avoid that stuff.

Speaking as a secondary school teacher though, I know that a lot of 17-18yr olds don't actually have a signature. I am a little more forgiving with rookie cards having a basic signature on there.

The main issue I have with the cards is the fact they haven't been given a consistent instruction on where to sign the card. So many I've seen have a signature squished into the right-hand side of the card so their draft pick is still showing. That isn't the kids fault... that's a Select error for not telling them where to sign.

I know they're not ideal and we all want perfect pictures, but my god, they way some on here act about someone's signature, you'd think the players have killed someone. It's annoying yes, but I think there are bigger issues to worry about
mate, this is a discussion forum and we are just talking about the issue.
if its not for you, all good... walk on

It may be a biased view but a captain signature card limited to 50/60 cards for a two time premiership captain and Brownlow medalist should easily be worth $1k
i wish it was a 1k card dawg.... But i cant help but think its more of a marinating card, it's true value wont be felt for many years to come, just like the capt sigh's from 2001. Cotch has maybe 1-2 years left (if the hammys hold out) once he is done, the capt sigh will be his number 1 top end card and there are 50 only with many already put to sleep in richmond collectors collections. personally i have only seen 1 sell for 1k+ and that was his jumper number.

Pretty happy with mail day from Select today! Happy to get a decent patch and the auto on the captain sig is great
E85994FE-F118-40A3-A2FA-AD81545C9EFB.jpeg

It was always going to be Pendle's capt sigh that brings the $$$$$
his jumper no# is flying at the moment on the bay..with still a day to go.
great to see

Back
Top Bottom