Dominance 2020 (series 2) discussion thread

Wow I'm genuinely shocked
I've donated to that cause , also we're talking north of 40k in donations from that page

That's staggering if true

I don't think anyone is saying donating to any cause is bad, but a simple yes/no question of if you are personally benefitting from people's donations should be easy enough to answer. it's probably easier to deflect at this stage than answer a simple question

If they can't be upfront and honest with the issue on hand, no way will they be upfront and honest with something that could potentially be fraudulent in nature.

MK.jpg
mk2.jpg

Hopefully, we don't see any of these shenanigans with future releases. Especially with a great release like Supremacy, I wouldn't want to start questioning the authenticity of my Select cards after how some blank cards were used as a joke. Definitely not a good look with the Select background & having shots at other suppliers. I also seriously doubt James Hird and Ablett signed the above :lol:

People are happy to speak up publicly now as the threat of being shunned out of the hobby has dissolved.

If you search some of my previous posts you’ll see I haven’t bitten my tongue previously, and was why I got booted. But I have integrity in the hobby, unlike some others. I’m just glad it’s all coming out now.

I don't think anyone is saying donating to any cause is bad, but a simple yes/no question of if you are personally benefitting from people's donations should be easy enough to answer. it's probably easier to deflect at this stage than answer a simple question

I too wanted some transparency and when I asked him that’s when I got booted 🤣

Does this mean that the Facebook group in question won’t be doing case shares and breaks of 2020 Dominance?

mk2.jpg

Hopefully, we don't see any of these shenanigans with future releases. Especially with a great release like Supremacy, I wouldn't want to start questioning the authenticity of my Select cards after how some blank cards were used as a joke. Definitely not a good look with the Select background & having shots at other suppliers. I also seriously doubt James Hird and Ablett signed the above :lol:
mk3.jpg

I really don't like how blank cards of one of the best releases in years was used liked this. Really brings things into question especially for collectors who pay the $ for the product. I wouldn't be surprised if a member of Cousins' team or management brought this up with the AFL, and hopefully Select didn't dismiss it as a joke between friends.

Does this mean that the Facebook group in question won’t be doing case shares and breaks of 2020 Dominance?

Who knows at this point, but I would still think yes to a degree. They will just be treated like any other break page now rather then getting preference from Select.

mk3.jpg

I really don't like how blank cards of one of the best releases in years was used liked this. Really brings things into question especially for collectors who pay the $ for the product. I wouldn't be surprised if a member of Cousins' team or management brought this up with the AFL, and hopefully Select didn't dismiss it as a joke between friends.
well said...its disrespectful to the release and our great hobby!

Sorry fellas, bit out of the loop here, what actually went on here in terms of the dodgy breaks?
What is a back door in break terms?

A case of supremacy that was listed as "pick your team" across six box breaks was back doored meaning one member accessed the breaks before they were officially listed so they could get a certain team and low and behold a massive hit for that team came out. A bullshit post was made after people got suspicious and comments were turned off pretty quickly and it fell to oblivion soon after. Like I said earlier, one person may be the "face" of this, but the are others who are also very complicit in this.

These guys are some of the lowest forms of life you will find in the hobby and honest collectors need to be made aware

also very interesting that quite a few of the recent supremacy case sales are rumoured to have been sold by someone $ invested in the page. the amount of multiple eBay accounts they have is extraordinary

A case of supremacy that was listed as "pick your team" across six box breaks was back doored meaning one member accessed the breaks before they were officially listed so they could get a certain team and low and behold a massive hit for that team came out. A bulls*** post was made after people got suspicious and comments were turned off pretty quickly and it fell to oblivion soon after. Like I said earlier, one person may be the "face" of this, but the are others who are also very complicit in this.

These guys are some of the lowest forms of life you will find in the hobby and honest collectors need to be made aware
damm!!! this is sad to hear.
such a shame

Any news on the Dominance release...dates, previews, content?

This lockdown in Victoria isn't great, so being able to bust cases or boxes would definitely help many collectors take their mind of some difficult and challenging times.

Any news on the Dominance release...dates, previews, content?

This lockdown in Victoria isn't great, so being able to bust cases or boxes would definitely help many collectors take their mind of some difficult and challenging times.
I was thinking the same thing P-Dawg.......man wouldn’t it be great for all those people in lockdown to be busting packs!

i hope it is out soon but I fear this lockdown will definitely cause a delay as their main warehouse is in Victoria......

On the bright side, the delay gives me more time to save for it 😜

Until the previews are re done i highly doubt we'll be seeing any info on this

Have it on good authority that there industry has been given the green light to distribute the goods they provide

Definitely not covid related this delay

It looks like the cover photo of this group has been updated to remove the Select logo, so something has gone down behind the scenes, which is unfortunate as collectors are missing out on previews.

There has been a huge change in the last week. Given what some collectors have posted about their negative experiences in the last few days, in the past, a lot of his followers would have jumped on here and started deflecting and attacking, as well as numerous posts in that group. To date, no defence. As @Jonathon M mentioned, there would have been a lot of people complicit in this questionable behaviour, so they are probably hoping this all goes away as there is no more playing favourites and collectors aren't scared of being shunned and bullied.

Damn shame such a joyous hobby has been cut down like this, in this way.

Really disappointing as i know most of us (well us Victoria based) need and want the distraction from the shit show that is Covid19 in this state!

Hopefully we get something soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom