Collingwood 2007 Offical Season Thread.

Well sitting 2nd at the moment, Friday night was a really guttsy win. things get better too for the Pies, word is Heath Shaw will be right to go. Licka was BOG for Willy yesterday and young Ben Reid also named in the best for Willy.

Brodie stepped up with 21 touches and 10 marks. Swanny and Burnsy were brilliant. Rocca 5.0 :) .

Leon, didak, meddy all did their jobs!!!

Well well how things can turn around in the space of a week! I think our young guns are just about the best going around if not then definantly right up there!!

Martin Clarke is gonna be a great player for us. "Moneybags" Goldsack, showed why he is gonna be a top defender in the years to come simular to Dustin Fletcher in my view. Daisy kicked 4.... yes sir! :) and Pendels showed his usual glimpes of brillaince.

Travis Cloke would be in the top 3 or 4 CHF going around, if only he could kick straight.

Lets move onto the Veterens. Burnsy and Lockyer continue their "underrated" work for the year. Thank you mister Sheahan :) . Hope ya watched last nights game....

Waklyn, even i gave this guy no hope of playing for us again and to do what he did last night was unbelieveable, well done old timer!!!

And last but not least.... ANTHONY ROCCA!
Anyone care to "praise" his peformance last night??? Just a lesson here for some, you cant always play good. Some players have bad days :)

Leo Barry you got a bath son...

End.

oh yeh bring on those Hawkers!!!

Well thought id bump this thread up.

What ya think our chances are now for a top 4 spot guys?

You will have to win some tough games against genuine finals contenders (ie not st kilda who I think are playing above their weight)... but I think it is possible, I am concerned including some senior players will upset the team balance though for the Pies.

When it comes down to it, Collingwood are as much chance as anyone in the top eight to make the top 4. Six teams are on the same amount of points, Hawthorn is the only team with any advantage for this week as they have the opportunity provided they do not underestimate RIchmond, to go a game clear in second - but they too have to play teams in St Kilda and Kangaroos over next few weeks that pose a threat.

This season more than any is that even, that percentage will be the key - in that department Collingwood are not getting blown out often, but they are not winning that big often either.... Collingwood would benefit for some big wins.

Good chance of finishing in the top 4. All of your remaining games are in Victoria. Brisbane, Richmond, Carlton and Melbourne are all games you really should be winning. The Dons this week and Swans Round 22 look to be the toughest tests.

Hawthorn have a chance to go one up on you today. Providing they do, they still have a very tough run home. Saints, Kangas, Dons, Power, Bulldogs and Swans are the tough tests for the Hawks. If you compare that to Collingwood you'd say Collingwood should finish above them.

My team the Power aren't likely to figure for the top 4, got a few toughies in round 20 and 21. Hawks round 20 at Aurora and Cats round 21 Skilled Stadium. Also the showdown will be tough to win against the Cows.

The Coasters look shot for mine. No Judd for a while by the looks. I've said this before, but I feel Ben Cousins is distracting their onfield performances. This weeks game against Sydney is a HUGE game.

Sydney are still a massive chance at the Top 4 despite being out of the 8 at the moment. As I've already highlighted the Coasters Game is massive. Richmond at SCG, Melbourne at Manuka Oval, Saints at SCG, Brisbane in Brisbane, and Hawthorn at SCG should really all be wins for the Swans.

The way I see it Collingwood should firmly be in the 4. Geelong are pretty much already there, barring a massive fadeout. The next 2 spots are probably up for grabs between a number of teams to be honest. Hawks have the chance to go one up this week. Once the result of Coasters and Swans is through it could make it more clear after this round.

Well top 4 spot still a big chance. After defeating the Bombers quite comfortably. Neon Leon was lightning and Rocca and Clokey certainly stood up! :)

WC - if ya read this, would like to hear ya thoughts on Travis Cloke's game yesterday assuming you watched it?

Well top 4 spot still a big chance. After defeating the Bombers quite comfortably. Neon Leon was lightning and Rocca and Clokey certainly stood up! :)

WC - if ya read this, would like to hear ya thoughts on Travis Cloke's game yesterday assuming you watched it?

Well.. I was live in person, I picked a 30 point loss and wasn't far off it.. Had two collingwood mates with me, it wasnt a bad game, it was expected, I'm used to losing now, so I'm not too upset anymore.. alot of us fans kinda expect nothing less than the 2000 season, where most of us need to be realistic.. dissapointed? Yes, surprised? no, though i hadnt been to the g since 2003..

And as for Cloke, well, we made him look like god, let's leave it at that.. then again, we made tredrae/fev/franklin look quite farking awesome too.. You can thank our over rated backline for that... very disapointing from that stand point.. not taking away clokes hard work, just saying it all just fell into place on the day.. bottom line is, we're about 4 years away being in the same position your in, yet it only took you one year to build this kind of squad.

still not convinced about the pies, yes they look good, but port/haw/gee/kan look better... with adelaide/freo/brisbane/sydney/west coast still yet to turn on to their full potential, if ever

RE: Quote "still not convinced about the pies, yes they look good, but port/haw/gee/kan look better"

I agree that Geelong look better than the Pies at the moment, but Hawthorn and Port are at least a year off being a serious Finals Contender, and they are a long way behind where Collingwood is at. The Kangaroos have been great this year, but i doubt that they have the depth of talent that Geelong, Collingwood, and West Coast have. Geelong and Collingwood are the clear Premiership favourites, followed by West Coast. But if Adelaide, StKilda, or Sydney can sneak into the Finals they are going to be in with some chance because they are seasoned teams with finals experience.

Geelong has been fairly lucky with injuries this year, and their only major concern at the moment seems to be, how are they going to fit Stephen King & Nathan Ablett back in the side. The Pies have basically been without half of our backline for most of the year, with James Clement, Presti, Rhyce Shaw, and Harry O'Brien missing a lot of games through injury. You put those players back in the Collingwood side and there is absolutely nothing seperating the Pies and Geelong. The Pies have a great Draw ahead with some relatively easy games in the next four weeks. But the best part of our Draw is that we play Adelaide and Sydney in the last two rounds, which should give us the perfect preparation before the Finals. We should finish Top 4, but the worst result for the Pies would be if we finished 3rd and West Coast finished 2nd, as we would then have to play the first final in Perth. So hopefully the Pies can finish 2nd and get a home final at the MCG.

There is only one team better than Collingwood, they are on about par with west coast imo and those three teams are the only ones with a chance of making the grand final.

Tonight was by far the worst game i have seen us play in atleast 2 years. But to brisbanes credit they ran harder then anyone ive seen this year. Tonight Brisbane excellent, collingwood looked like they were on life support right from the start, and the injury to pens isnt gonna help us much. Next week Collingwood or carlton??? Interesting match.

Well what a night it was for the Pies for all the wrong reasons.

To say we were ordinary is an understatement, we were absolutely terrible. Embarrasing at times and very uncharacteristic all night.
To the Lions credit they were too good. Their midfield smashed ours and their forwards had it delivered to them on a platter. Brennan showed us how good he can be.
To top the night off we lost Pendle's for the season with a broken foot and we found out that Guy Richards and Licka wont be wearing the Black and White next season.

Im not saying we are goners but after last nights performance we will be lucky to survive after week 1 of the finals.

Pies were disgracful last night!! Brisbane ran all over them...

Dare i say...brisbane for top 6 this year!! They are on fire at the moment!!

Collingwood will be lucky to finish 7th or 8th!! :D

Brisbane wont do much if they do get in. I wouldnt give the pies away just yet. Everyones entitled to one bad game (except geelong for the last 12 weeks lol)

Brisbane wont do much if they do get in. I wouldnt give the pies away just yet. Everyones entitled to one bad game (except geelong for the last 12 weeks lol)

I would have to disagree there mate. The Lions are inform. Beatin the Eagles over in WZ and then beating us at the G. Oh and the 117 belting they gave the Blues.

The Lions are on a roll, they are playing like everyweek is there last week, i think they can do some damage. Im thinking they are last seasons Doggies. Young and talented and could do anything come finals...

I would have to disagree there mate. The Lions are inform. Beatin the Eagles over in WZ and then beating us at the G. Oh and the 117 belting they gave the Blues.

The Lions are on a roll, they are playing like everyweek is there last week, i think they can do some damage. Im thinking they are last seasons Doggies. Young and talented and could do anything come finals...

I hope you're right Kyle. Lions have a tough run home but the way they are playing, anything is possible. Being a young side, they are bound to up and down. They've played some good running footy the last 3 weeks

But they got eagles without cousins, judd & kerr i believe? & Everyone beats carlton by 70+ so i dont think its that strong. They are going well but they would need to win every game just to get in wouldnt they?.

Back
Top Bottom