Celtics Vs. Lakers Nostaglic Finals Showdown

You can't run through screens. Whats not to get?? All day long thats a foul no question about it

Lakers have crumbled under the pressure and we have got it done at both ends.

GREAT WIN TODAY!

You can't run through screens. Whats not to get?? All day long thats a foul no question about it

Lakers have crumbled under the pressure and we have got it done at both ends.

GREAT WIN TODAY!

haha! yeah it was still an academy award winning performance by Pierce!!!

It has been a great game by Boston though!!!

Big ups to Powe!!! Major respect for him!!!

out hustled,out play and out called by the refs only lost by 6 points is a good result for l.a. they need to be more aggressive on offence and try to go to the free throw line.

also once they get bynum back they need to try to get an agile sf coz odom aint a sf.

freaking get the ball to Kobe!!!! what the hell?

Nice win by Boston!!!!! Great 4th quater!!!

Should have come straight back to him, but the play drawn up obviously didn't work out, and wasn't intended for Kobe. Radman broke out late, no shot there and Sash had to force it.

Love to say great win by the Celtics, but I just can't, not after that one ending up so close... Hope you Celtics fans/supporters were on the edge of your seat there, can only imagine if we'd managed to steal that. :lol:

3 In Los Angeles coming up.... If we can win all 3. Looks like this one ends in Boston either way, I'll be as bold to suggest that much!

Travelling is my biggest bug bear in the NBA. How did they not notice that huge Radmanovic travel? He started his '2 steps' from outside the 3 point line. I don't think the Lakers copped bad officiating, the refs were very consistent. The Celtics D was amazing all night.

It would have been a major injustice for the Lakers to comeback and win this game. Well done Celtics, only 2 wins to go to KG's first title.

Travelling is my biggest bug bear in the NBA. How did they not notice that huge Radmanovic travel? He started his '2 steps' from outside the 3 point line. I don't think the Lakers copped bad officiating, the refs were very consistent. The Celtics D was amazing all night.

It would have been a major injustice for the Lakers to comeback and win this game. Well done Celtics, only 2 wins to go to KG's first title.

You do not get a clearer travel than that Radmanovic one, but it wasn't really going to effect the play (ie., I reckon he would have scored two regardless), so probably a fair no call. It was a strange game, but glad the Celts hung on, because it would have been very, very tough for the Celts if they dropped a home game early.

I would of been more impressed with the Lakers comeback if they did it using their offensive sets rather than garbage catchup ball that they can't play for even most of a game. But in their defence thats the sort of thing that HAD to do as going basket for basket 2pt style wasn't going to bring them back 24pts down.

Celts were dominant once again. We took the foot of it and it showed but still we pulled out a win. This game should of been more worrying for the Lakers and their fans.

Once AGAIN Kobe was shut down and forced into a poor FG by our fantastic D. They failed to make adjustments, block out and even play D on a lot of plays.

Rondo was certainly the spark today imo. When he finally got going and dished when he SHOULD dish and looked to be agressive we fired up. Powe didn't play the game of his life as much as just do what he has done all season long. Today he got the minutes and the Lakers didn't respect him as much as they should with a lot of his shots being easy looks or given too much space in the key for boards etc.

Great win by the C's in my books. Any time you show you can close a team out and go up by 24pts shows how if you do what you have to you can dominate them.

The story we are learning is if the Celts play D the Lakers just like everyone else shoot a league low FG% and we win the war on the boards. We failed to get out to the threes late and got lazy, TOO LAZY and we should LEARN from that.

I'd rather that lesson about closing it out comes in game 2 and not game 6 or 7.

All we need to do is steal ONE game on the road and we have two home games to close it out. If the series stays defensively minded we are a great chance to win one or even two on the road. We haven't lost to the Lakers yet this year and have won in LA this year already.

Whinge all they want about the fouls called. You are a pro and if you fail to read how they are calling the game(albeit soft for a finals game) then you should look at yourself.

We ruled the paint and attacked the rim, the agressive team will always get more calls. Lamar and others simply didn't want to get down and dirty.

Go Celts! 2 wins away from an NBA title!

Just lets not get cute about it and keep the pressure on. If we do that there is not doubt that we are the better team.

Lakers are 6.5pt favs for the next game.

We were only 2.5pt favs at home.

Seems the bookies think LA's home court means more..

Maybe this is why the Lakers couldnt stop Powe contributing..

Phil Jackson mispronounced Leon Powe’s name Sunday during his postgame press conference. The Lakers coach apparently didn’t hear the fans chanting it properly a few minutes earlier.

Sounds like they have done their homework.

Didn't see the game at all - my mate taped the wrong channel!! Ahhhh! Will watch tomorrow.

We need one in LA - I hope the next one. I've obviously seen nothing but 40 seconds of highlights so thanks for the sum up Chad.

Does Paul Pierce have a bionic knee?? Maybe thats why they didn't bother with the MRI!!

Great effort by all, KG had another poor shooting night - pull one out in LA big fella!!! Good game on the boards though....

Great to hear Rondo was playing well - I read previews saying Fisher would give LA an advantage there but I never thought so....Remember Troy Hudson torched Fisher at PG not so long ago in a playoff series.....

Celtics have won 4 games in a row now. About the only thing we're not doing well is staying on task when we get a decent lead - (see Pistons Game 5.....)

How was Perks knee - 14 minutes??

Back
Top Bottom