CAM BRUCE... What a LEGEND

Sydney will not make the 8 this year

I honestly have not seen an unglier style of football played than when the Swans are in front. They play brilliantly when they're behind, but they absolutely ruin a match when they're in front. That's what grinds my gears...YOU SYDNEY!

Magicman said:
they are in the bottom 8 simply becuase thats where they belong :) . Sydney will not make the 8 this year, either will the Blues, Lions, Power and Tigers. As for the rest everyone is a chance. So you have 5 teams who are simply not good enough.

i wouldnt put a bet on port not making the eight, with tredrea back thats a big boost right there, and tigers...i dunno, will take a miracle. lions have got the roster to make top 4 but just dont look like a team atm, no hunger.

btw, like the family guy reference there jase, very subtle lol.

yeah i saw the family guy reference too, awesome stuff jvalles.

Teams i recon will miss the eight this year.
16. Tigers
15. Carlton
14. Port Adelaide
13. Essendon
12. Fremantle
11. Lions
10. Sydney
9. Kangaroos

maybe a bit of biasty their but this is based on team lists, form, Home advantage amongst other things. Essedon and Port are two that might jump up in that list and maybe in the 8 but some bad signs so far and injurys, like port losing two home matches and essendon losing lyodd for the year.

ill almost agree with ya there Jonno, your right the Bombers will either just miss or just make it. Freo will finish in the 8. Its a toss up out of Melb, Freo, Pies, Bombers and Hawks for 6th, 7th and 8th IMO.

Be positive fellas, imo these teams should be looking to next year already :lol: Dees, Lions, Blues, Tigers, Port and Bombers.

Roos, Swans and Dockers aren't much better

Dees should be higher on the ladder than where they are....they got pumped by carlton in round 1 but other than that they have been pretty good. They should have at least had a draw on the board against Adelaide (damn goal umpire) which would see them in a better position than they are now.

Top eight will be (in no particular order):
Dogs
Cats
Eagles
Dees
Port
Saints
Crows
Pies

Bruce to be acting captian this weekend! Could be a big year for the fella. My tip Melbourne to sh@@ all over the Roos and kick the biggest score of the round without Neitz! 10:1 odds.

GO THE KANGAS!!

Ouch! I hope you didn't put money on them! Have loved the Roo's for the last couple of years, but have failed to reach their goals. I think they're chance to make finals and cause some havoc has passed for the time being. The Dee's will trounce them. I'm sure you're just trying to rile up the Dee's contingent here! ;)

Disgraceful Justin ;) Dees will win comfortably....I know metallica and chad will be with me!!!

damm straight dvs
back at the G and the boys are looking foward to this one.
also i predict Bate to have a great an influential debut.
beamer, dutchy and the russian back also, so not to worried about the outs..
GL to Bruce with the captaincy i think its about time it gets handed to someone else and bruce would have to be the frontrunner for the job.
I have this weird comparison with Bruce and Darren Lockyer, they both are great and look kinda the same. ;)

jvalles69 said:
Ouch! I hope you didn't put money on them! Have loved the Roo's for the last couple of years, but have failed to reach their goals. I think they're chance to make finals and cause some havoc has passed for the time being. The Dee's will trounce them. I'm sure you're just trying to rile up the Dee's contingent here! ;)
just tipping so far JV ;) 23 winners for the year so far :) 2.35 SU is tempting, but no thanks.

DVS said:
Disgraceful Justin ;) I know metallica and chad will be with me!!!

LOL:lol:

MetallicA' said:
I have this weird comparison with Bruce and Darren Lockyer, they both are great and look kinda the same. ;)

They do a bit....both great players.

The main difference is the Cam Bruce doesnt do XTC!!!:shock:

just want to make this heard, maybe get a thread started i know the sam newman v garry lyon debate discusses this topic but i was livid with the kangaroos today. Only player that should hold his head high is nathan thompson and he got dragged for no apparent reason in the death of the game. I am now behind Sam Newman 100% about this chip kick 'Possesion Football' because it is the ugliest style of football ever to be implemented in the game. You have the running style of the bulldogs and then this bullshit style you see the swans, roos, tigers play. Everyone does it at some stage but if AFL goes down that path with the keepings off, protecting leads than afl would become like soccer. The fans dispise it!! Ive seen it on a few occasions this year including today that a team chips it around to take 12-16 uncontested marks in a row.
I hate it and that is not what we watch the football for, the kangaroos were a disgrace.. fullstop

jvalles mentioned the pre-season rule to be inforced into the game which would be a easy solution. If the ball gets kicked backwards to a player than it is play-on. THIS RULE HAS TO COME IN TO EFFECT.

MetallicA' said:
jvalles mentioned the pre-season rule to be inforced into the game which would be a easy solution. If the ball gets kicked backwards to a player than it is play-on. THIS RULE HAS TO COME IN TO EFFECT.

Actually it was me:) ...and it needs to happen. It was a disgrace in the dees game and even the Bulldogs were brought to it today because Adelaide flooded. Something needs to be done. Also, i was watching FOX footy before and apparently Thompson brought himself off.....

Dees win again by less than a straight kick. Cameron Bruce with a "solid" game and the young first gamer Bate had a very good debut. I also thought Maloney was very important in the last quarter!!

Back
Top Bottom