CAM BRUCE... What a LEGEND

WC got beaten by the better team on the day. Although i dont like Sydney's way of play it is effective against free running teams like WC/Adelaide.

In regards to the Dees how many points do youhave to win by to be condiered a win and not luck?? Were Sydney lucky in the GF or were they the better team.....

I think if you win close games.... unless you get a blatantly obvious free kick that was never there... (I meant blatant it wasn't there) right at the end of the game.... then you deserve to win and played better on the day. becaus eif that other team played better and still lost they wasted opportunities, thus they didn't play better.

So DVS Melbourne have played well for their two wins in my book.

DVS said:
WC got beaten by the better team on the day. Although i dont like Sydney's way of play it is effective against free running teams like WC/Adelaide.

In regards to the Dees how many points do youhave to win by to be condiered a win and not luck?? Were Sydney lucky in the GF or were they the better team.....

Here's ONE example - Examine any pictures of "leaping Leo's" final mark and you can see the umps missed paying free kicks to Judd, Nicoski and Sampi but it's done now and for the record Sydney DID get lucky ;) have watched the game quite closely more than once and the umpiring was very ordinary.

A team that wins by 6 points or more doesn't rely on luck. eg kicking a winning goal in the last minute is "lucky" as the game could have EASILY been lost. :lol:

Metallica -your answer to earlier questions?

justdabestcards said:
A team that wins by 6 points or more doesn't rely on luck. eg kicking a winning goal in the last minute is "lucky" as the game could have EASILY been lost. :lol:

But they were good enough to win it!! ;)

Were there any free kicks to Sydney that were missed?? There are normally at least 10 free kicks a game that get missed and for both teams. Maybe that is an exageration but.....it is not like WC was the only one that was "hard done by" in the free kick department on the day or throughout the whole season!!!

WATCH THE GAME AGAIN MATE!!!

Sydney got 'their share' PLUS 'MORE'. Eagles didn't even get 'their share'. 2 or 3 of the swans goals were gifts from the umpires - blatant mistakes. But that sais, the swans won and am proud of my team nonetheless. Plus it's a new season now ;)

Well done justo! It is a new season and damn, we might be a fair bit better than last year! Who would a thunk, Wooden back and has a blinder, and the 18 year old monster has a brilliant debut! Looks like there is no room left for Cousins and Kerr this week!

By the way, do you have a copy of the game on DVD and if so could a get a copy off you?

justdabestcards said:
WATCH THE GAME AGAIN MATE!!!

Sydney got 'their share' PLUS 'MORE'. Eagles didn't even get 'their share'. 2 or 3 of the swans goals were gifts from the umpires - blatant mistakes. But that sais, the swans won and am proud of my team nonetheless. Plus it's a new season now ;)

I wasnt having a go at you...i was asking if sydney recevied many free kicks. I only saw the game on the day, so i dont know.

In saying that, such is footy. Unfortunatley most (not all) games have at least some "questionable" calls in them and that is why footy is so fun to talk about!!! I hope they never take away the "full human element" like rugby and cricket have!!!

I hope they never take away the "full human element" like rugby and cricket have

We'll see tomorrow exactly how much the AFL love the "full human element" when they decide the result of the Freo/Saints game. If it stays a draw they love it...if Freo win...well, times they are a changin'!!!

If they change the result they are doing exactly what they always say we shouldnt do....taking the game out of the umpires hands...I agree that freo won the game but the rule states that the game isnt over till the ump blows his whistle.

If they change the result they are doing exactly what they always say we shouldnt do....taking the game out of the umpires hands...I agree that freo won the game but the rule states that the game isnt over till the ump blows his whistle.

It also states the umpire has to hear the siren for the game to be over. They said they didn't hear no siren so the game should have been sent back to the middle and continued on! LOL

Yeah I think it should stand now, they should have corrected the result at the game right when it happened, then it would have been still in the "umpires hands" which they are whingeing about. By waiting this long for a result they are making the situation even worse. Hate to say it but Dockers deserved teh 4 points and the umps were not ready to make the "right" decision.

jvalles69 said:
Well done justo! It is a new season and damn, we might be a fair bit better than last year! Who would a thunk, Wooden back and has a blinder, and the 18 year old monster has a brilliant debut! Looks like there is no room left for Cousins and Kerr this week!

By the way, do you have a copy of the game on DVD and if so could a get a copy off you?

Cheers JV! Can Hurn kick a ball or what!? :D
I only have the game on VHS, taped off foxtel - should still have it somewhere :rolleyes: you can borrow the tape if you like ;)

cheers anyway justin, was thinking about it again and maybe I don't want to put myself through that again! :( Have not seen the game from TV, only live at the MCG, might just think about whether I really do want to watch it again!

Back
Top Bottom