Bulls v Heat 2011 Playoffs Eastern Final Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

You are completely correct there in my opinion.

Rose shoots at 26%, Deng at 31.

but how many 3 pointers do the heat usually take. only took 8 in game one which i would thought was down from average.

where they gun shy or was the bulls defense stifling their looks

Rose shot 33% from 3 point land for the season and deng almost 35%. The reason Rose is taking so many 3s is to spread the floor and get the D out there defending him so it clears the paint on other occasions for the easy pass or for him to make the drive. It was only a matter of time before he started knocking a few down at a good %. Having said that though most of his today that went down were very easy looks. Wide open with hardly any pressure.

man those taj dunks were manchild dunks!! the big difference today imo was the strong rebounding performance by chicago's frontline... booze, taj and in particular noah were monsters on the glass today... deng was also solid... they were very effective on the offensive glass and got a stack of second chances as a result... you know you will get excellent mvp type production from rose practically every game but if their bench is solid like that every game, then bulls should go close to winning this series

the heat frontline was very ineffectual aside from bosh and their bench production was putrid - non existent really beside chalmers... even if they can give the big 3 some help it will go a long way to helping them win the series... bron and wade most likely wont have crap games at the same time again, but if the bulls can shut them down for 1 more game like this together, i reckon the heat wont get past them and the bulls go to the finals

WOW really suprised at that game. Such a large win. Where is this magnificant Miami team that was going to take it up to the bulls and smash them? I know its only one game but really Miami do not want that to set the tone for the rest of the series otherwise it will be a 4-0. Rose was superb again but the big point to come out of this game is rebounds, rebounds, rebounds. Bulls flogged Miami all night on the boards winning them 45-33 and a staggering 19-6 on the offensive end hence giving them 19 more shots. Noah, Boozer, Asik etc were all beasts on the boards.
Deng's job on james was also a thing of beauty. How deng did not make one of the all-defensive teams will always stagger me.
Having said all that it is only 1 game, but the bulls look to be in top gear once again. Bring on game 2!!!!

That generally happens when you play small & when at one point James Jones was your 4 :lol:

FINAL: Thunder -v- Bulls

There, I fixed it for you ;)

Suck it Miami.

:lol: Oh no we lost one game. I'm all teary and your comments I find oh so offensive. :lol:

The Heat are here to stay fellas. Some don't even believe the Heat would make it far in year one of their development. All 3 stars are in their prime, regardless of this seasons outcome they are going to be a force to be reckoned with for the next decade. Hope you have enough energy to hate for that long ;) :lol:

:lol: Oh no we lost one game. I'm all teary and your comments I find oh so offensive. :lol:

The Heat are here to stay fellas. Some don't even believe the Heat would make it far in year one of their development. All 3 stars are in their prime, regardless of this seasons outcome they are going to be a force to be reckoned with for the next decade. Hope you have enough energy to hate for that long ;) :lol:

I have a decade worth of hate.

---------- Post added 17-05-2011 at 10:25 AM ----------

And in any case, I wrote a preview of this series on another site, which Ill post here for your enjoyment.

Preview of the Heat Bulls series.

Prediciton : Bulls 4-2.

Although the Bulls took the regular season series, Miami haven't played as well as they are right now all year. With Boozer's final game against Atlanta showing he may FINALLY be fit (may), it means the series should be very even. Let's look at the match ups.

Rose V Bibby/Chalmers/House

Clear win for the Bulls and this little match up at the point could decidce the series. There is no doubting Rose's talent and the MVP award now sitting in his den means for Miami to win this series, they need to come up with a way to stop him. I think Wade or Lebron will do most of the defensive side of things on him, which could well open up Bogans/Korver/Brewer outside shooting. Rose has torched Miami so far this year, I see no reason why that will change. Whoever the heat have at the point, simply won't be enough.

Bogans V Wade

Since the heat have worked out that this IS wade's team, not Lebron's, they have been playing alot better. The key to Wade's game is his ability to get into the paint, if they can keep him outside, he becomes a less dangerous prospect. Easier said than done, Bogans and co will have their hands full trying to keep him out there. Wade can be streaky from long range , so if they keep him out there and away from the foul line, they can limit his effectiveness. Chicago's SG can make more of an impact on the defensive end that the offensive by playing solid D on Wade. On offense, if they can offer 8-10 points a night and limit Wade to 20-24, then that's almost a win for them. Big big task.

Deng V Lebron

Another key match up. Bigger than the SG match up as Deng offers alot in Chicago's offense. Also, he's a big body that James won't be able to bang against and move out of the way. Like Wade, Chicago need to keep Lebron away from the paint and the charity stripe. Once that happens, he can get frustrated and starts jacking up wild three's from all over the place. Key will obviously be some help from Noah and Boozer in double teams, but Deng can hold his own defensively against Lebron. But where he can really hurt Miami is in his Offense. He has such a pure shot, a nice quick release and if he gets on a roll hits them from anywhere. Lebron is no defensive slouch so Deng will have his work for him in getting those open shots, will be a lot of moving and screens off the ball, but having the best PG in the business feeding him, he should get his fair share. Lebron still showing why he's so hard to guard though with his current form, he could well just tear Chicago a new date.

Boozer V Bosh

Not sure whether it was mind games or an inadvertant slip, but Boozer's comments on Miami may have Bosh fired up. "They have two great players in Wade and James, they are a well coached, well drilled team........" All year theyve been known as the "Big 3", Boozer only ackowledges two of them as a challenge?? In any case, it's either a chance for Booz to eat his words or show he was right about what he said, this pair will matchup head to head for most of the series. Bosh sweet outside shot, when going, is hard to match up with, Boozer isn't the best defender in the PF position so Bosh could exploit that. Boozer edge may come in rebounding numbers, bigger body, more aggressive in the paint might give him the edge there. Im looking forward to this battle, two big off season buys banging in the ECF, couldnt have scripted it better. Keys will be Bosh's ability to get the ball fed to him, and Boozer's ability to stay fit!!!

Noah V Anthony

Noah's agression on the boards, both defensive and offensive is a worry for the Heat. He's no nonsense, hard nosed, in your face makes him so loved in Chicago and so not loved with other sides. It's no secret that the Heat have been beaten up this year by the bigger bodies around the league, but with Haslem potentially finding some minutes and Anthony's length, they may just be able to battle back. I think this is where Bosh could be either so influential or so ineffective. Noah has the potential to go too hard and get into foul trouble, however, being a playoff series you would hope the ref's would let a bit more go. In any case, Noah can make a big impact with his defence, and like Anthony is a decent shot blocker. Both sides match up pretty even here, with a bit white European guy coming off the bench.

BENCH V BENCH

Heat's bench has been labelled "Scrubtastic". But, if their sole purppose is coming on for 2:16 minutes to provide a body that gives James and Wade a rest, they are doing a superb job at it. I think Jones can make the biggets impact offensively for the Heat as seen in the Boston game where he scored 25, and Miller if he decides to crash the boards can make a big impact defensivley. The rest, may not see much action outside of Chalmers and House to rotate on Rose.

Bulls bench is a good even spread of ompact players on both ends of the court. Korver is a pure shooter, Watson and Brewer provide good offensive and Gibson is growing into a real up tempo player that makes a difference when he enters a game. This is where the series could be decided.

I think the Bulls will have too much, based largely around the Heats inability to handle Rose. You can't ignore just how well Miami are playing at the right end of the year. They have got it together, and I think we need to resign ourselves to the fact that if they don't win it all this year, it's only a matter of time before they do. Should be a great series.

Rhys: Good article man. I hadn't seen it. What site are you writing articles for?

And man (to anyone/everyone else) I hope Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller get some burn in Game 2. Both provide much better energy, hustle and rebounding than who we had on the floor last game. In a way that speaks sadly to the fact that they are our 4th and 5th best players, and injuries have limited both to being nearly completely inactive this season. This Heat team with no depth at the moment isn't what was intended, there was meant to be Haslem and Miller in there playing like they have in the past. Stupid injuries!! - Interesting thought though.

Anyway I hope the Heat play Chalmers, Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Anthony, Dampier, JJ, Mike and Haslem next game. TBH I don't think we need Bibby at all, or any of the other guys played yesterday.

yeah cool article mate, very in depth and some pretty spot on observations... a very nice read

In anticipation for tomorrows game read an article which pretty much said, about the rotation, exactly what I said should be done. It's a good few paragraphs that I picked out:

They can start by dusting the cobwebs off Erick Dampier, by far the Heat’s best combination of girth and toughness with three important skills to boot. He’s a quality rebounder, shot blocker and sets such forceful screens you can feel the pain rippling through the victim’s body. Although he’s better suited to match up with Asik, he can bang with Noah inside and rough him up a bit.

They should use Udonis Haslem enough to see what he’s got. I would rather take Haslem at 75 percent than Jamaal Magloire at 200 percent, even at the center position. He looks like Miami’s best antidote for Gibson. What he lacks in quickness and athleticism he makes up for with toughness and physicality. He’s still an asset.

Next, get Mike Miller on the court. He may be a living mummy, but he’s a smart player who is one of the best pound-for-pound rebounders in the league, as his 8.8 rebounds per 40 minutes this season indicates. He left his jumper in Washington, but despite public perception, he is more than just a shooter who has struggled to make shots. His best matchup would be against Kyle Korver or Keith Bogans.

Dampier, Haslem and Miller embody toughness on a physical and mental level and can make an impact in this series. These are players who can “take it in the chin” and deliver back blows of their own and their seven minutes (with Dampier inactive) in game one isn’t going to cut it.

Honestly. The Bulls had a great game, credit to them. The Heat had a terrible game. If Spo doesn't do what has been said above, or at least half of it, and we get beaten up inside again - it's all going to be on him. Dampier started and played 22 and 29 minutes in the last two games of the regular season against the Bulls - I think they should put him back in. Playing smallball was an experiment, and it failed. Hope Spo is smart with personnel now.

Back
Top Bottom