Betting/Punting News/Veiws

After a pretty ordinary afternoon's punting, I was left with $8 in my pocket, so decided to go a Sports Multi. I went 1 or 2 risky legs, but a decent payout if it comes through. I backed: Souths Dragons; Simon Gilles; David Ferrer; Chad Cambell to finish top 10 of some golf tournament (Not real sure why I included it, other than he was joint second in that option, and paying $3.25... lol!) and Dale Steyn to get the most wickets in the first test. So for $8 invested, I get a payout of $247.28 if all legs come through. Before I put the ticket through, I thought it would pay around $100, guess my maths wasn't working at the time...

Well, that sucks! Knocked out on the first complete leg... lol! Pity, with Steyn's 2 early wickets, that leg was starting to look promising... Might have a go at a "future" multi next, including Bulldogs to make the NRL top 8, Lebron to get the MVP, and maybe something in the AFL. I can't really say who'll win the NBA championship, so while it'd improve my payout will probably steer clear...

Put another multi on today. I got: Cavs giving up the start of 2 or 3; Lakers straight up; Melbourne straight up; Essondon straight up; Waratahs straight up; India in the 20/20; and Tomic, Monfils, and Djokavic to all win in the tennis. Just hope my ticket lasts at least through the first leg this time... lol! $8 on, for a payout of $105 if it comes through.

How can you go past the Cavs today as underdogs against my Celts in Boston?:blink:

Double your money for the stright up Cavs win.

The HUGE value is tripple your money for the Cavs 1-10 pts..

and for the brave but still a great chance imo Cavs $5.85 for the Cavs 11pts plus!

Good money on offer today I'd think.

PP is looking tired under the strain of no KG and is forced to play Bron today as Tony Allen is still out. KG is still out so BBD is forced to start and Perk gets Miki Moore off the bench as Scal is still out.

Will be interesting to see PP's court time as rookie Bill Walker is his sub at the moment and a rook on Bron is scary.

I'm going the 11pts plus if you are interested.:wave:

The Cavs have got a definate advantage today. I reckon this is one of the best value bets of the season regardless of where it is being played.

Rondo is the wildcard. His play at home and against better PG's is much better than the other times he looks dis interested. Still I see a Cavs win today and us losing good ground to them in the standings.

No word on Smith playing or not yet but he was there last year and they failed to beat us. We are better this year than last with a full roster so he doesn't worry me much.

Mmm...with those comments....it sounds like a toss up to me....might leave that one out of my multi!

OK...here are my bets for today....what are your thoughts:

Orlando To Win - No brainer

Clev VS Bos - Over 185.5 game score - Both team are averaging over 100pts/game but both have had games recently where they have completely shut down teams and kept them to 80 points or less. With these teams both trying for top spot, i reckon it will be a score-a-thon and will go over easy....

Mil VS Chi - Under 205.5 game score - Both are averaging on or UNDER 100pts/game. And both have had some stinkers of late with 80pt or under games. I expect this to go under considerably...

Den VS Utah - Over 209.5 game score - Both teams back to full strength with all scoring "weapons" playing. Both are free scoring teams at the best of times and with the top spot in the Northwest pretty much up for grabs, this should prove a really high scoring game.

I like the over for the Celts game. Sure we can both shut down teams better than any other team in the league but with the holes in each others team at the moment there are plenty of ways to exploit each other both offensively and defensively.

These are some stats since KG has been out.

Opp FG% 45% +2%
Own FG% 53% +4%

Opp PPG 98.6 +6
Own PPG 107.8 +6

Scoring Dif 9.2 ppg +0.1

So we are giving up more and putting up more as wel. So both 6pt differences have equalled each other out although I'd prefer the lower opp PPG though.

The stats say we go the over today. The head says we go the over and only off days by the productive players from both teams prevent the over imo. Pts off the bench will decide it anyhow.

Still I see the Cavs for the win just an easier bet and still gets you double your money.

Pts off the bench will decide it anyhow.

Well you played it well Benny and the over was covered as we thought.

And my quote above cost me my money and the loss :lol::D:D:D:D:D:D

I'll take the hit for today :cool::v::v::v:

What a great game showing how we fight as a cohesive unit and everyone steps up despite how we have been hit. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Well you played it well Benny and the over was covered as we thought.

Yeah....2 out of my 4 bets aint bad. Celts/Vavs over was a no brainer as was Orlando to win as i stated......

Hopefully we can both have better days tomorrow....:blink:

My Celts today are missing 46 players and the Heat are at home and playing decent basketball. Normally the defensive pressure we provide shuts Wade and the Heat down but today it wont come with Starbury starting and House playing bigger minutes.

Heat are undefeated of late when they shoot 50%FG. Should be a LOT easier to score against this Celts unit with all our outs.

I reckon the value bet is one I don't do very often

Miami Leads Match at the End of All 4 Quarters 3.40.

had this one on centsports today, if only i put some on it really

Untitled-1.jpg

Damn Cocky for 50 cents why the hell not!!!????

Im sure the extra cash for your 20 weeks of holidays a year would of helped LOL

Nice call on the crazy multi and it would of been nice to hit the bookies hard from a bet they normally just take everyones sucker money from.

Can anyone tell me if I get a payout for "winning" a tennis "walkover"? I've got Ivanovic in a sports multi-ticket, and just noticed on ESPNs tennis page her opposition pulled out. For the other legs I've got Nadal (won last night), with UCLA in college ball; and the Cavs and Lakers all on the head, no starts.

Back
Top Bottom