Best trades ever??

reign40

The Reign was unstoppable
Who has a thought at the best trades which have been made in the past few years?

In my memory the two most significant trades both ended in championship glory...

1) 2004 Sheed to the Pistons
2) 1995 The Glyde to the Rockets

I can't believe how beserk drexler went once he was traded!! He was hungry for that ring and good on him he got it with a 2nd lease on life!!

well...i think the best 1 to me was the Jason Kidd - Stephon Marbury trade like 4 years ago or something ....i know the nets didnt win a title (yet) but that was a big time trade that changed the face of the team, and gave thema fresh feeling and resulted into 2 straight nba finals

Maybe Vince Carter for a bunch of scrubs from last season? definately helped the Nets out.

Flex187ad said:
Maybe Vince Carter for a bunch of scrubs from last season? definately helped the Nets out.

Didn't help them out today heehee Go Wolves... ROTFL

Hey can you blame me? My team sucks I gotta take every moment for what its worth heehee

gotta be Nash back to Phoenix, they had great guards before him (Kidd, Marbury, Penny) but it took Nash to make them into championship contenders (amare didnt hurt either though;) )

Yeah true but Nash was a free agent signing

Kidd to New Jersey was big, trips to the finals prove that.

Can't believe how little toronto gave carter up for !!

Some of these trades are funny when you look back on them. As far as championships have gone Big Ben for Grant Hill has been a huge key for the Pistons. One that makes me laugh now is Jermaine O'Neal for Dale Davis. I know at the time Jermaine was a nothing due to no minutes but still lol.

You can't just look at the names and judge the trade. In Toronto VC just plain tanked it, didn't try and wasn't going to get them anywhere. He's trade value was pretty darn low. Nowhwere near his true value if he played like he could. Toronto did get a bad deal but how many other decent offers did they get....? Pretty much 0.

Otheres were made for cap space so you have to take into consideration signings after the trade was made and then compare the players involved.

I think they were talking the last few years Mavs. Otherwise Joe Barry Carrol for McHale and Parish would be number one without doubt. ;-)

What about Charlie Scott for the Lakers #1 pick, which became Larry Bird?

This is the sort of trade I meant earlier when saying you have to look at what becomes of picks included etc.

chadjaja® said:
What about Charlie Scott for the Lakers #1 pick, which became Larry Bird?

This is the sort of trade I meant earlier when saying you have to look at what becomes of picks included etc.

Absolutely!!!

Which is why I said about Suns getting Chuck and him taking them to Finals.

Although they didnt win, he made a massive impact on thier Franchise.

Back
Top Bottom