Australia V Japan

WHAT A FINISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i went to smoko with us down 1-0, sit down with a coffee, GOAL!
bang GOAL!

bang GOAL!!!

3 goals in 10 minutes and i was told soccer was a boring sport!!!!

carhil,johnny- big game players that deliver in big games.
Anyone who didn't watch the game you'se are unaustralian and you better watch the replay you pussies

CHAMPIONS!!! Absolute CHAMPIONS... I was starting to get nervous around the 80th minute (i honestly thought we'd have no worries b4 then...), but they pulled the win out, and HOW!!! Best come-back EVER (from an Aussie point of view, of course... :p ) and sets us up well for the second round... I really think we can at LEAST get a draw from the Croats, so can't ask for much more from this result... :D

i dont know alot about soccer maybe henkita can fill us in but in the World Cup
is 3 goals in 8 minutes given the circumstances and the fact all 3 goals were scored by substitutes, is that some kind of record?

Guss is a Genius :eek:

Im so pysched and dont have to get up early tomorrow so i might watch the Cze/Usa game.. Lets all cheer those fukin yanks to lose as those pricks dont rate us and think we shouldnt be here. Hope you cocky and agnorant bastards dont advance to rd 2!
Go Czeh and Italy for that group and Ghana is a decent team :D

^ Hey bud,

I'm not too good with records so I'm not so sure of any records that has been set in the World Cup. However, 3 goals in 8 minutes by 2 different substitute does sound like a solid entry for a record, aye?

Yeah, stuff the yanks for this football game man. I've always like Czech anyway because they play great football and have some big names too. Watch for players like Rosicky, whom have recently signed with Arsenal. YAY! And the legendary Pavel Nedved. Jankulovski is a solid player too and they have a very solid goalkeeper; Cech.

Should be a good game mate and I've had my sleep. I went to have a sleep straight after I got home today from work. I woke up at like 9.30. I should be awake for the remaining 2 games. :p

Cheers~

Lippo said:
Ah, what a great game :D

The wait was well worth it!

I thought you must've missed the game because there was 0 comment from you on this thread. :p

Glad you watched it Mike.

Cahill your new favourite player? ;)

henkita217 said:
I thought you must've missed the game because there was 0 comment from you on this thread. :p

Glad you watched it Mike.

Cahill your new favourite player? ;)
Cahill is a champ, one of my favs now :D
Theyre all champs!! Except maybe Wilkshire...

Dont know what Gus was doing starting with Wilkshire =/

i knew tim cahill would score and it doesnt surprise me one bit that john aloisi scored either, awesome game!!!, although im with whoever said that wilkshire shouldnt have started, emerton would have been better up front or josh kennedy, who cares, WE WON!!!!, come get us brazil!!

Wilkshire might be the "sacrifical lamb" I think. I have a feeling he's been sent out to be a physical presence/threat... which may in turn result in yellow cards. (Although he wasn't one of the 4 Aussies who picked one up last night!!) What other reason could Guus have for starting him? He was wayyyy too slow to keep up with the Japanese strikers.

GOOO THE BLARDY SOCCEROOS!!!!!!!!!

That was the best game of sport I've ever watched since Michael Jordan hit that game winner over Byron Russell!! DAAAMN!!! 1am with people asleep in my house and we were screaming and jumping around!!!

LET'S GO!!!!!!! BEAT BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

I got back from my basketball game and switched on SBS, socceroo's were down 1-0, I then saw them slam on 3 goals in the next 10mins

I was losing it big time

All the way boyz, get a draw v Brasil and then crush the croats

Well yeah what a great game was played.

1 thing: Australia must watch their lines. no not the sidelines but the midfireld line, the defensive line. when you watch football you can usually see them stream in a line together, but that wasnt to be seen last night. Aussies defence was all over the place.
Japnaese free runners.
It was if the aussies saw them run free into the open and thought, '' oh yeah, i'll keep my eye on them.' Yeah right!!!..

Good finish to the game, should have broken earlier though.

Allstar cards inc said:
Wilkshire might be the "sacrifical lamb" I think. I have a feeling he's been sent out to be a physical presence/threat...What other reason could Guus have for starting him?
ALLSTAR your right! here is his physical presence. (or be it very kinky)
You my little bitch NAKAMURA lol

MetallicA' said:
i dont know alot about soccer maybe henkita can fill us in but in the World Cup
is 3 goals in 8 minutes given the circumstances and the fact all 3 goals were scored by substitutes, is that some kind of record?

Guss is a Genius :eek:

I have only heard of records for the fastest consecutive goals which belongs to Germany. most goals by a substiute and quickest back to back goals by a sub would most definately go to Timmy as I hadn't heard about this record being recored as such.

Here's a few other records:-
Highest scoring: Austria 7 Switzerland 5, 26 Jun 1954
Biggest wins: Hungary 10 El Salvador 1, 1982 World Cup; Hungary 9 South Korea 0, World Cup 1954; Yugoslavia 9 Zaire 0 1974 World Cup
Biggest win in a qualifying match: Australia 31 American Samoa 0, April 11, 2001, Coffs Harbour, Australia, 2002 World Cup:D
Fastest goal from kickoff: 11 seconds, Hakan ?ükür ( Turkey), Turkey vs South Korea, 29 Jun 2002, 2002 World Cup.
Fastest goal by a substitute: 16 seconds, Ebbe Sand ( Denmark), Denmark vs Nigeria, 28 Jun 1998, 1998 World Cup.

Youngest player, final: Pelé ( Brazil), 17 years and 249 days, 1958 World Cup.
Youngest player, qualifying match: Souleymane Mamam ( Togo), 13 years, 310 days, Togo vs Zambia, May 6, 2001, 2002 World Cup.
Most goals scored: 14, Gerd Müller (West Germany, 1970-1974).Ronaldo only needs two to tie this
Most goals scored in one tournament: 13, Just Fontaine ( France), 1958 World Cup. He never score again in a world cup:shock: (unbeliveable)
Most goals scored in one match: 5, Oleg Salenko, Russia vs Cameroon, 1994 World Cup.
Youngest goalscorer: 17 years and 239 days, Pelé ( Brazil), Brazil vs Wales, 1958 World Cup.
Attendance At a World Cup final tournament: 174,000, Uruguay vs Brazil, 16 July 1950, Maracana Stadium, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, World Cup 1950

and some funny ones
Fastest Yellow Card: 1 minute, Sergei Gorlukovich ( Russia), Sweden vs Russia, 1994 World Cup; Giampiero Marini ( Italy), Italy vs Poland, 1982 World Cup.
Fastest Red Card: 56 seconds, José Batista ( Uruguay), Scotland vs Uruguay, 1986 World Cup

I was so tired last night I forgot about the game *hangs head in shame* I wa sin the hospital waiting for my mother today when I saw the result on the kerri-ann show... I was so happy I whooped for joy and my sister glared at me and said "SSSSHHHH" LMAO

Come on AUSSIE COME ON!!!!!

hahaha i won 800 bucks on this game i picked the first goal scorer good ole celtic pride came threw is it just me or does anyone else think brett emerton is absolutly useless he doesnt attack and coughs up the ball the majority of the time the aussies should consider themselves lucky aswell cause the japs should of been awarded a penalty straight after cahill's goal because cahill's challenge in the box

Back
Top Bottom