AFL version of Panini Prizm would it work?

Billyhoyle

Im Not Juan Garcia
Real Name
Andrew
eBay User
billyhoyle9
Hi guys,

Panini released the Prizm NBA sell sheet this morning and wanted to throw an idea out there, would a version of this work for AFL?

As a Hawks supporter I think it would be pretty cool to pull something like a Hodge Gold Refractor card or a Roughead Refractor Auto.

Does anyone think a concept would work like this in AFL? Would people chase down all of the different colour parallels of the cards?

Cheers
Andrew

Righto, the Prizms are the rainbows,which of course is wavelengths of the different colours when you split light with a prism.

Here is the prism of science in action!
prism.jpg

You've got 7 (can vary) different versions of each card. A common (Usually White), and then the limited variations, which are called Refractors. You've got a card limited to 200 (Usually Blue), a card limited to 100 (Usually Red), a card limited to 50 (Usually Green), a card limited to 25 (Usually Yellow), a card limited to 5 (Pick your own colour here) and finally, the big one, the 1/1 Black.

Why those colours?

As you can see, Danny boy, if you want the Full Gazza, you're gonna have a lot of competition for that Black, because there's only one Gary Ablett! Wait...

Once you get the black, you should have a far easier time getting the rest of the rainbow.

If I recall correctly, there are some members here with rainbows, and they are more than proud to show them off.

Here is an example of Harvard Boy Jeremy Lin:

JLprizm_zpsed53fe85.jpg

Quite impressive, eh?

The most significant aspect to be taken from the Prism exercise is the existence of an AFL 1/1. Something Select will never do.

I hope that helps... Because I'm not even a collector of this.

I'd prefer if Select didn't release any 1/1 cards. As a team collector I would most likely not be able to complete the set and that would really bother my OCD! I'd probably chuck it in to be honest, as the lure of getting every card would be gone. You can see some of the posts in the NRL section about the 1/1s which are along the same line.

Last edited:
Love that idea mate but I am with scotty, dont like the idea of 1/1. I reckon signed to 20 lowest would be better.

But I am a big fan of that and looks unreal. Heres to hoping

Love that idea mate but I am with scotty, dont like the idea of 1/1. I reckon signed to 20 lowest would be better.

But I am a big fan of that and looks unreal. Heres to hoping
Something like this would be awesome:

White: Common (unnumbered)
Blue: # to 400
Red: # to 200
Green: # to 100
Yellow: # to 50
Black: # to 20

I agree 20 should be the lowest: very rare, but still enough to go around and be a realistic chance of getting one to add to the team collection.

I agree with not having 1/1 cards..... maybe a 1/10 would be a highly sought after chase but its amazing that nearly all manufacturers around the world produce sets like this but in Australia its too hard.

I highly doubt Select or ESP would ever do this.

Love the idea though!

Cheers
Matt

Something like this would be awesome:

White: Common (unnumbered)
Blue: # to 400
Red: # to 200
Green: # to 100
Yellow: # to 50
Black: # to 20

I agree 20 should be the lowest: very rare, but still enough to go around and be a realistic chance of getting one to add to the team collection.
What about if it was just:
Common
Refractor (say 1:3 packs) but unnumbered
Gold Refractor that was numbered out of 10 or 20 only

Yeah don't like the idea of a 1/1, but nothing wrong with doing a limited run.

Select's Prime Drafts come to my mind when thinking of the similarity of I guess a Prizm run, while Footycards did it with their Futures Parallel (#/24).

I would definitely enjoy the chase!

What about if it was just:
Common
Refractor (say 1:3 packs) but unnumbered
Gold Refractor that was numbered out of 10 or 20 only
Yeah not bad, I feel like you just need something in the middle.

Common
Bronze refractor (1:3 packs, unnumbered)
Silver refractor (1:36 or 1:72, numbered to ~150)
Gold refractor (1:case, numbered to ~20)

Back
Top Bottom