a must read for any nba fan who lives in oz!!

But because its not a proper professional ball game will insurance matter?, they arent gonna get hurt.. its a glorified pickup game, even that sound to serious lol

I hope this turns into a reality
I would definitely go if I were in OZ....this is a rare chance to see all-stars playing

from ANdthefoul.net on twitter:

Lets say the NBA Aus tour is booked today. 2 weeks to sell out 2 15k seater nights. Visas, Accom, Travel, Promotion, TV deals etc. #Doubtful

AND not lose money at the same time.. Wish it was possible. But just can't see it. Factor in Darden. #DontHoldYourBreath

If tickets are $100 each (on average) thats $1.5million for a 15000 seat venue. If you multiple that by 6 for the 6 games = $9 million. It doesn't seem like much money to me - yes I see that the big money will come from promotions, but when you consider that each of the say 12 players will want at least $1million for the 6 games there's 12 mill straight off the bat without insurance, flights, accom etc. etc.

from ANdthefoul.net on twitter:

If tickets are $100 each (on average) thats $1.5million for a 15000 seat venue. If you multiple that by 6 for the 6 games = $9 million. It doesn't seem like much money to me - yes I see that the big money will come from promotions, but when you consider that each of the say 12 players will want at least $1million for the 6 games there's 12 mill straight off the bat without insurance, flights, accom etc. etc.

It's been reported that only a few will be getting the $1M whilst most others 6 figures; but I see the point you're trying to make.

geez these guys **** money! I honestly think it would be great for the game, NBA and the player alike if it was to happen. The player have played expo games all over already so really what so much different about this 1 all be it a quickly thrown together trip?

@WojYahooNBA
Adrian Wojnarowski
At deadline, money wires are arriving for NBA players and Puerto Rico promoters and vendors from global tour organizers, sources say.
The four continent tour including Kobe, LeBron, Amar'e and others could finally be coming to fruition, starting in Puerto Rico Saturday.

I'm not in the least bit hyped about the tour coming here, I just have no interest in "friendly" games that mean nothing. Tickets will probably cost twice as much as a real NBA game. I'm happy to wait till I go to the US.

I'm not in the least bit hyped about the tour coming here, I just have no interest in "friendly" games that mean nothing. Tickets will probably cost twice as much as a real NBA game. I'm happy to wait till I go to the US.

after a bit of a chat to the mrs. thats what im doing. i worked it out for both of us to go to melbourne, tickets @ about $250 ea, accomodation, food, time off work. etc. its just gunah be too expensive, especially when were going to USA in about 12-14 months.

i can wait.. for the sake of prob $1500, i can wait 12 months and only spend maybe $150...

after a bit of a chat to the mrs. thats what im doing. i worked it out for both of us to go to melbourne, tickets @ about $250 ea, accomodation, food, time off work. etc. its just gunah be too expensive, especially when were going to USA in about 12-14 months.

i can wait.. for the sake of prob $1500, i can wait 12 months and only spend maybe $150...

lol tickets $250 each???

surely not!!

They surely wouldnt charge more than $150 for standard tix. Courtside would be crazy though, if thats what you are after. I'd say somewhere around $100-$130 each sounds right for normal tix though.

Back
Top Bottom