a must read for any nba fan who lives in oz!!

lol tickets $250 each???

surely not!!

They surely wouldnt charge more than $150 for standard tix. Courtside would be crazy though, if thats what you are after. I'd say somewhere around $100-$130 each sounds right for normal tix though.

what if you were at the very back? would they stll be $150?

tickets will have to average $100. easy. The tigers opening game had lower court seats (not first 5 rows) for $75 so surely this would command more. I would say top teir will be $80-120, mid-level 120-150, lower level 150-200, first 5 rows 200-500.

Also see my post above, if tickets average 100 that's only $1.5 million, not a lot really.

---------- Post added 25-10-2011 at 05:50 PM ----------

the other thing is that the victorian junior league is just getting back into full swing so a lot of juniors and coaches and parents will be tied up with that if it is held on a friday night

Remember we're all getting hyped over rumours. If it happens, great, we can see it live or watch it on TV and if it doesn't, we're not getting less basketball than we'd already be getting with the lockout running anyway.

If it's being organised in reality behind the scenes, don't worry about the whole "impossible to organise so quickly" discussions, as money can make anything happen and NBA player's would equal an instant sellout in Australia even in such a short period. I couldn't imagine front row being more than $1k, as that's what UFC and main event boxing goes for here in Australia.

The courtside seats to lebrons recent charity game were in excess of $1000.

No sport in Australia, even grand finals or one off special events etc, have come close to front row prices to NBA games in the states, so they'd be joking themselves if they made tickets close to what they charge over there, like Lakers front row $10-20k etc. Let's just hope for our wallets it's affordable.

so its actually on? ummm wow deep down I really didnt think this would go ahead... now I wont sleep as I cant miss out on tickets.

I hope they dont just release tickets at the drop of a hat without even setting a release time..,
I mean surely that wont happen right?

---------- Post added 26-10-2011 at 09:53 AM ----------

I can see scalpers making a few bob off this event btw

yeah I hope they advertise when the tickets will go on sale - otherwise most people will have no chance cause it could be when people are at work or school and they have no idea.

I would recommend that anyone keen for tickets for the Melbourne game join up to receive emails from both Ticketek and Ticketmaster......and/or LIKE them on Facebook etc.....it'll be the best way to get a heads up, as tickets would most likely be handled by one or the other.

EDIT - Assuming of course, that it goes ahead!!!

got this in an email from a friend...
WORLD BASKETBALL CLASSIC

8TH AND 9TH NOVEMBER AT ROD LAVAR ARENA

TICKETS ON SALE MONDAY

LEBRON, KOBE, WADE, MELO, ROSE, RONDO, WESTBROOK, DURANT, BOOZER, GRIFFIN, PIERCE AND MORE!!!

i said link or GTFO

Back
Top Bottom