2016 Elite Master set - update page 13

Thanx for all the effort mark, now we have to just wait and see what we all get once released, there will be a lot of team trading anyway like always

Well done Mark on trying your best to get this up and running. Looks like it's back to the old drawing board and busting heaps of packets instead lol, Katrina

Thanks Mark, for all the time/effort & stress in trying to put shares together. Maybe a good thing, the $895 will now be spent on my addictive passion of snapping open packs, the anticipation of like obtaining the golden ticket in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.. :p

Not really fair for those who have already been told they got in first. I've missed out on lots of things I didn't see in time and am spewing sometimes but hey that's life sometimes you get in first and sometimes you miss out.

IF this goes ahead, i would recommend those who are serious go into a ballot for the team they want.

For example if there are 5 Parramatta collectors willing to buy, we put the 5 names into a draw and the lucky person wins the rights. If they don't pay, next in line gets the option.

I'm happy to do the draws if required.

Guys and girls,

Today I have received word from ESP that the Master Sets will only be made available to Private Collectors. As such we will not be in a position to proceed with a Master Set break as planned.

ESP have made these Master sets for each release and have stated they will continue to make them for future releases. The intent was always to have them go to private collectors and for them to be kept together.

I stated in my original post that I had access to a Master Set. That was true. A verbal agreement had been made with a potential set owner to make a set available to break up, however due to the desire of ESP to have the sets remain unbroken, I do not wish to put the relationship of this person and ESP at risk by going against their wishes, as it may have an impact on future business dealings.

On a positive note, the excitement and passion shown by everyone in this thread, coupled with the vast number of enquiries made directly to ESP for access to a Master Sets, has certainly provided food for thought and may even shape how future releases are developed.

I personally understand ESP’s thought process around the releasing of the Master Sets and I believe now ESP understand how the collecting community has evolved from Master Set collecting to team based collecting.

In hindsight, it was probably my premature posting of team based shares, and the subsequent frenzy which has lead to this happening, so I will need to take much of the responsibility for the disappointment now being shared by all involved.

The last thing I want to do now is create a heap of negativity around ESP and the 2016 Elite release because of this. I ask that people please refrain from ESP bashing, and remember it was me that encroached on their systems in the first place, not the other way around.

2016 ELITE looks like a great release so let’s all move on and enjoy it.
I'll try not to ESP bash to much but this does make me feel angry and frustrated towards them yet again. Once they are made why do they care who ends up getting them and if they get broken up?
Also I wonder who these "private collectors" are? In years to come I'm sure they will end up being broken up and sold for huge profits. Just my thoughts though.
Still excited about the upcoming release though

I think it's inevitable that at least one of the sets ends up being broken into teams and in the secondary market. At the end of the day we are all collectors, whether it be team or Master. Either way the cards end up in the hands of collectors who really want them. But it is what it is....

I'll try not to ESP bash to much but this does make me feel angry and frustrated towards them yet again. Once they are made why do they care who ends up getting them and if they get broken up?
Also I wonder who these "private collectors" are? In years to come I'm sure they will end up being broken up and sold for huge profits. Just my thoughts though.
Probably one set sitting in a boardroom in China belonging to the printing company. Another with the major distributor and who knows where the other three end up.

Top effort Mark. I can see you went to a lot of effort here in trying to organize this for everyone with all the right intentions and it's greatly appreciated by all the people here on OZCT.

I tell you what tho, we are all excited for this release!!
:)

Well said, 100% correct. Katrina

Back
Top Bottom