2014/15 A-league cards?

Found this on Card shows Forum NSW - Newcastle Trading Card Show - 15th February 2015

Newcastle Trading Card Show
When: Sunday 15th February 2015
Tap 'n' Play will have some giveaways based on their cricket and A-League releases

This might be were all the Melbourne City cards are
Anyone in SYDNEY or NEWCASTLE area should go maybe I will fly up...but I will be at the

BOX HILL RECORD, COMIC & CARD COLLECTORS FAIR
Sunday March 8th 2015
Box Hill Town Hall
www.boxhillfair.com.au

Ohh.... And I was hoping they would be giving away more Tommy Oar cards.

I would just like to advise of a significant milestone with my Tommy Oar folder. I now have 36 Tommy Oar cards, enough to fill 4 compete pages in the folder :kick:

of course I'd share a photo but I wouldn't want to upstage TnP's photo if it's folder with the Melb City cards in it that was shared with us yesterday. But it's basically the same as the photo I posted last time of the folder, but with 2 extra pages filled.

Once I complete the whole folder I'll send it to TnP and they can display it alongside their Melb City card folder.

Bet I can fill a folder of Tommy Oar cards faster then they can fill a folder with complete sets of Melb City cards.

A seven year old has got all the MC cards, according to FB.

Amazingly the photo from the 7 year old posted on TnP's FB page today is exactly the same as the photo TnP wishes to share with us earlier this week on this thread. The image from the FB post is below.

Compare the pair....Spot the same red backdrop. Do they really think we are that stupid!!!!

No reference to a 7 year old finding these cards when this photo was posted on this thread....it's all total BS!!!!

Give us the missing cards TnP and stop posting this crap!

This is a compete disgrace, and those running TnP's FB page should hang their head in shame!

Last edited:
If this nonsense is the first step of an approach by TnP to start listing these cards on eBay, then be aware of the following.

There are already complaints registered with the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC) about this release, and they will be very interested to hear about these missing cards suddenly appearing in any "secondary" market.

Any cards appearing on those secondary markets can only be coming from one of two sources, and a 7 year old is not going to be selling on eBay.

But maybe the FFA would welcome the publicity.

Did the 7 year old in question get the cards from packs or were they handouts?

If this nonsense is the first step of an approach by TnP to start listing these cards on eBay, then be aware of the following.

There are already complaints registered with the Australian Consumer and Competition Commission (ACCC) about this release, and they will be very interested to hear about these missing cards suddenly appearing in any "secondary" market.

Any cards appearing on those secondary markets can only be coming from one of two sources, and a 7 year old is not going to be selling on eBay.

But maybe the FFA would welcome the publicity.

Honestly mate your conspiracy theories are getting a tad absurd.

The reason why these cards are starting to appear on the secondary market (code for collectors opening packs, trading, selling, swapping etc) is that all of the Melbourne City cards (as ive explained a couple of times in this thread) were part of the 3rd batch that the old printers did. A fair chunk of this third batch was purchased by the A League to give to kids as part of a promotion......almost 35,000 packs in fact.

These packs have gone out to the kids and they are opening these packs and the City cards are starting to appear.

I know for a fact that the image that was posted here by me (sent to me by Tap 'N' Play) was in fact from a kid who's mum who had written to TNP about the release.

I again spoke to Tap 'N' Play tonight and they confirmed that they are not selling any of these cards on the "secondary market" through eBay so if you believe this to be the case then you are incorrect

Cheers
Matt

Who knows what to believe any more...one kid getting enough packs in a promotion giveaway to score all 7 Melb City cards??? Wow what are the odds!

It is not about conspiracy theories it's about consumer law, and if a company goes to the market claiming that cards exist in packs that are being sold then they damn well should be in the packs that we buy. Not being reliant on some 7 year old and his mum telling us they got them through some giveaways.

What we have here is false and misleading advertising, so I am not sure what part of that doesn't seem to register.

Who knows what to believe any more...one kid getting enough packs in a promotion giveaway to score all 7 Melb City cards??? Wow what are the odds!

It is not about conspiracy theories it's about consumer law, and if a company goes to the market claiming that cards exist in packs that are being sold then they damn well should be in the packs that we buy. Not being reliant on some 7 year old and his mum telling us they got them through some giveaways.

What we have here is false and misleading advertising, so I am not sure what part of that doesn't seem to register.

So if people actually have the cards that have been pulled out of packs......doesn't that mean they exist?

How is it false and misleading advertising if the cards exist and have been pulled out of packs that have been purchased?

I must have also missed the part when it states on the box that you would be guaranteed to receive X number of Melbourne City cards?

So if people actually have the cards that have been pulled out of packs......doesn't that mean they exist?

How is it false and misleading advertising if the cards exist and have been pulled out of packs that have been purchased?

I must have also missed the part when it states on the box that you would be guaranteed to receive X number of Melbourne City cards?

Interesting....because the box has a photo of Kalmar (MC) on the side panels, but no one has actually pulled that card from a purchased pack to my knowledge, and it continues to be listed on people's want list. The only person to have that card is Scooterboy who was sent it by TnP.

Of course we still have 2 cards listed as printed that no one has pulled. But if that is not sufficient evidence in support of an approach contrary to customer law, then there is little point pursuing this.

if the defence of a manufacturer's approach has more importance than the views of those collecting the cards, then so be it.

This can simply go down amoungst the worst release of cards of all time, with a manufacturer who has little regard for the people who have bought their product.

Even the referenced discussion with TnP tonight made no reference to what may be done to help us finish this set.

Based on what has been communicated tonight there is no point trying to fight this battle.

I have said all I can say...there will be no further posts from me on the threads about this product.

Thanks to all the members who have helped me get to where I am with my sets, and good luck to the rest of you in your pursuit of this set.

Ohh.... And I was hoping they would be giving away more Tommy Oar cards.

I don't have any of his cards but I have got this....
From U-19 AFC titles 2010

TommyOarAUSjersey.jpg

The cards exist however they were produced late and placed in the later batch.

On the flip side, there's probably a kid somewhere in Australia opening packets and thinking 'geeez why do I have so many Melb City cards' lol

Now that we have sighted a complete Melb City set, are there any confirmed sightings of Wright and Franjic (Brisbane)?

Now that we have sighted a complete Melb City set, are there any confirmed sightings of Wright and Franjic (Brisbane)?

Not that I am aware of unless they are in A league batches and the Soccer kids would not be aware
I have fired of another email to TnP about this issue waiting for a response I expect a confirmation at some stage that they were in original print order but were missed....still this has more twists and turns than a cut "Rattlesnake"

Scooterboy. Bought some more from hawthorn to Coburg to Sorrento on the weekend. As the say in the soprano's..."forget about it"

3rd batch..that's bananan's. As for giving them to the clubs, spoke to a contact at Melbourne victory...response was" what cards"!!

there you have it

3rd batch..that's bananan's. As for giving them to the clubs, spoke to a contact at Melbourne victory...response was" what cards"!!

there you have it

They were purchased by the A League as part of the Miniroos program.....not by the clubs.

As in relation to the batches - the cards were all printed over a period of a few weeks but the printers did them in batches.

Instead of printing them collating them correctly, they printed a first batch packaged them and then the next and then the last batch which had all of the Melbourne city cards in it.

The Holy Grail continues ….to think Todd posted on this forum back on 18th Aug 2014…. The emergence of cards in Sydney is welcome though also disturbing that out of 35000 cards err sorry packs printed in 3rd batch according to Matt sources (thanks for timely updates Matt) and that possibly only a handful of boxes with Melbourne City cards have made it onto the market

Notwithstanding Tap n Play commitments to FFA who has provided the rights for this card release. It would have been appropriate to provide cards throughout capital cities to a number of outlets at 260 cards a box – again this may or may not have happened??? but I will not agree that a box of cards that turn up in Sydney covers TnP of all responsibility

I reckon Mike should have got PM's knighthood for his efforts with this card collection and the assistance he has provided yeah Mike the Knight! or Oz Carder of year recognition - any thoughts on a prize

Mike is quite right to mention ACCC for small business traders i.e. buyers & Sellers the first place is the place of business then consumer affairs or consumer protection agency in each state that would initially hear the complaints…..however not sure even Judge Judy would know what to do with over 40 Tommy Oar cards yes heard their still multiplying….. and how many Tommy oars get you the MC set…????..

To acknowledge Tap n Play they have heard individual issues and problems and were possible and tried to resolve issues, I do believe their trying to make this work either as business or hobby cards are a passion to true collector, however without providing MC cards to general collectors market and hoping the secondary market kicks in is not fixing the problem.

I like to think collectors are a pretty understanding lot and we continue to support card makers the issue we have here is that there are two cards that have not been sighted

Bailey Wright – Socceroos& Ivan Franjic - Brisbane Roar

Tap n Play have not be able to provide samples and so far have not replied to my requests

As collectors we have a right to ask “Do these cards exist”

I still expect TnP to make some announcement that they were in original list however due printing collation issues are no longer part of set. If this is case then that fine by me it gives everyone a chance to move forward

I don’t expect miracles from T n P, I want some honest answers and appreciate that a new card player is in the market as I have said before for a base set of cards I think their great and even don’t mind the card stock it a point of difference in the card market

We are all collecting for various reason – I am doing for the enjoyment and it has been a crazy ride takes me back to the early days of collecting AFL cards in 70 ‘s and the sunicrust bread cricket cards with the pink borders where you would rummage through loaves of bread trying to find that elusive card ..Okay back to the Soccer

I have really enjoyed the Oz card site and the people I’ve had pleasure dealing with like Peter who has tried to help MC traders complete their sets and everyone updates and humour….well off to another possible sighting tomorrow...Maybe I should chill and head down the beach…….but just not Sorrento right Sergb ….maybe manly any newsagents in manly

Happy Friday 13th – Scoot off

Back
Top Bottom