2014/15 A-league cards?

Hello everyone, recently I sent an email to TapNPlay about how I have got heaps of duplicate packs over the recent weeks, and they sent me 5 packs as an apology. As you can see in the image below, there We're two Melbourne City cards in that pack so I recommend that you all send emails like that if you want the Melbourne City cards. Alternatively you may just want to purchase a box straight from the source rather than buying packs at newsagents. If you have any questions just let me know!

image.jpg

Heard a rumour today that there may be something in the works for fans of the national team......

From TNP Facebook:

Tap 'N' Play wishes to advise that after an investigation was completed with the supplier who printed our FFA release last year, 2 cards - Ivan Franjic and Bailey Wright were not printed and will not form part of the set.

Our previous printer has been unable to provide Tap 'N' Play with any evidence that these 2 cards were printed.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused in relation to these 2 cards.

We have since engaged a new print supplier which was used in our inaugural BBL Cricket release and which will be used moving forward on future releases.

Halle-friggin'-lujah!!!

Having stayed quiet about his set for some time, this is a significant development and worthy of commentary.

So now after 3 months since the posting the 'list of cards printed' we finally get confirmation of what we expected for some time. Of course rather than stand up and accept it was their own fault they continue to blame the printer.

The golden rule of contract management is that you can't 'outsourced' your responsibility or accountability for a product or service you 'own'.

You just have to look at how ESP stood up and took responsibility for their errors with their current NRL release to see how a professional company operates..
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/2015-traders-error-cards.180318/

Whilst the ESP issue related to incorrect images on cards, it is not as is this set has not seem that issue either....Sam GALLAWAY, etc.

Of course has anybody ever found the Liam ROSE card that is also listed as a 'printed card'?

But all we get from TnP is an apology 'for any inconvenience caused for....' for the Wright / Franjic cards.

Now TnP have admitted its own incompetence it's about time they also stood up and help collectors finish the sets with the Melbourne City cards needed, rather than just replying on the 'secondary market' to find them.

But all I expect to see on this forum is people leaping to the defence of TnP once again.

@Mike_K what/how would be the easiest or most preferable way to re-issue the missing cards mate? I am an extreme novice in regards to how Tap n Play would/could/should do it.

Just interested in your thoughts.

Neil from Tap N'Play has contacted me and said he will try to assist me with all of the Melb. City cards, so it looks like it might happen

Halle-friggin'-lujah!!!

Now TnP have admitted its own incompetence it's about time they also stood up and help collectors finish the sets with the Melbourne City cards needed, rather than just replying on the 'secondary market' to find them.

But all I expect to see on this forum is people leaping to the defence of TnP once again.[/QUOT

@Mike_K what/how would be the easiest or most preferable way to re-issue the missing cards mate? I am an extreme novice in regards to how Tap n Play would/could/should do it.

Just interested in your thoughts.

My thoughts on what would/could/should be done are not important mate, the ACCC details what needs to occur based on consumer law
http://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/consumers-rights-obligations

I'd suggest TnP contact the ACCC and determine an appropriate response that satisfies those obligations.

From TNP Facebook:

Tap 'N' Play wishes to advise that after an investigation was completed with the supplier who printed our FFA release last year, 2 cards - Ivan Franjic and Bailey Wright were not printed and will not form part of the set.

Our previous printer has been unable to provide Tap 'N' Play with any evidence that these 2 cards were printed.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused in relation to these 2 cards.

We have since engaged a new print supplier which was used in our inaugural BBL Cricket release and which will be used moving forward on future releases.
Thanks for update - Mad Hatter good work
I won't get any sleep tonight so excited now only need Melb city cards to finish set so will trundle down to my local newsagent for my coke and tnp fix see if l can score...oops only old stock will need to get a mate to pick some up in Sydney but watch out buddy for ACC all over this - lm sure they let card dealer off the hook ......

Halle-friggin'-lujah!!!

Having stayed quiet about his set for some time, this is a significant development and worthy of commentary.

So now after 3 months since the posting the 'list of cards printed' we finally get confirmation of what we expected for some time. Of course rather than stand up and accept it was their own fault they continue to blame the printer.

The golden rule of contract management is that you can't 'outsourced' your responsibility or accountability for a product or service you 'own'.

You just have to look at how ESP stood up and took responsibility for their errors with their current NRL release to see how a professional company operates..
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/2015-traders-error-cards.180318/

Whilst the ESP issue related to incorrect images on cards, it is not as is this set has not seem that issue either....Sam GALLAWAY, etc.

Of course has anybody ever found the Liam ROSE card that is also listed as a 'printed card'?

But all we get from TnP is an apology 'for any inconvenience caused for....' for the Wright / Franjic cards.

But all I expect to see on this forum is people leaping to the defence of TnP once again.
Neil from Tap N'Play has contacted me and said he will try to assist me with all of the Melb. City cards, so it looks like it might happen

Part 2 ...franjic I don't give a damm...TnP can do no wright.....so Ru2 blinded by what we all knew they don't exist....or are u just another moderator .....confused... .that becuase the only person on this forum with soccer balls is Mike...... ACCC to that.. .......and Tnp how about printing some more bleeding cards......at what cost ....cheap compared to an full on investigation.

Thanks Scoot...my view is you have to stand up for what you believe in, especially when we see such blatant disregard of consumer laws, and no acknowledgement of the valid complaints we have raised on this forum.

Certainly amazing that some collectors seem to get some special treatment, but only so far as TnP will 'try' to assist them. To quote Master Yoda - 'Do or Do Not. There is no Try.'

So far TnP only seem capable of the 'Do not' approach.

In memory of the Ivan Franjic card that never was, here is an image of him that would have made a nice card.

image.jpg

If we are lucky we might see a special Bailey Wright card done as a jersey card (aka Brett Lee style) as part of the earlier news about something being planned for the fans of the national team.

Of course my preference would be for a Tommy Oar jersey card. :rofl:

Sorry, just further to my post about the ACCC requirements I did forgot to mention the false and misleading claim provisions
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/misleading-claims-advertising/false-or-misleading-claims

Specifically the following statement on that web page..
"It makes no difference whether the business intended to mislead you or not. If the overall impression left by a business’s advertisement, promotion, quotation, statement or other representation creates a misleading impression in your mind—such as to the price, value or the quality of any goods and services—then the behaviour is likely to breach the law."

So given that the point of sale material (I.e the box the cards are in) has 2 pictures of a Melbourne City player on the side panels, when in fact there were no MC cards in the majority of boxes that went on sale, and the list of 'cards printed' lists 2 cards that have now been confirmed as not existing (and who knows about the Liam ROSE card) then certainly TnP have left a misleading impression in my mind as a consumer.

I'll leave it to yourselves to draw your own conclusions on TnP's actions to date and consumer law.

But somehow I don't think the notion of ...sorry, all the boxes with the MC cards were bought by the FFA to be given out to MiniRoos players ....is a legitimate reason for not having these cards available for retail sale at the time of product launch in October 2014, and there was certainly no reference to any 'staged' release of cards onto the market at that time.

The notion they will now start becoming available on 'secondary markets' some 3 months after retail sales commenced is also flawed nonsense.

It would be really nice to see TnP actually doing something to fix this mess, rather than blaming others and rabbiting on about how any future releases will be better.

But if they don't want to do that then at least we have the ACCC complaint mechanisms that can be pursued.

A real dour end for you guys chasing the set :(

There's no appeal for these cards now since one can't complete a full set.... bring on the next release.

Yes next release l feel like l am code hopping like karmichael Hunt but l pay for the privilege Tnp looked like too good an
opportunity but now reality kicked in and I am going back to the Devil l know Select AFL release maybe l will go overseas and try pannini new line of frozen stickers anything better than she be Tnp mate.

An updated list of the cards in the set would seem like a logical place to start (as a first step) now that it is confirmed that Wright and Franjic were never printed.

Mathew Leckie is still missing from the list and he might feel slighted seeing he is an Asian Cup winner after all. Nikola Petkovic on the other hand may not have an issue as he looks much younger and much much more attractive on his card.

I'm surprised this model hasn't been followed: https://paniniamerica.wordpress.com...14-fifa-world-cup-sticker-collection-gallery/ . A way to fix things and make more money.

My suggestion for the next release is to product flicker image cards (lenticular prints) where the image seems to move when you change the angle of the card. A Muscat/Kosmina throat grabbing card or a Lippi/Saba card would sell like hotcakes. As you move the card you see the scene happening before your eyes.

Anyway it looks like the only hope for something to be done is the "soccer mums" who go on the warpath because little Johnny/Sharon is crying over a card that doesn't exist.

Further to R2GFifa's post, there is story emerging of a collector making a direct complaint to TnP and being sent a complete set of MC cards.

So apparently now we no longer have to reply on buying packs or the 'secondary market' - just complain to TnP and they will send you the cards you need.

But until an official TnP spokesperson advises us that this is the approach that is going to apply, here are some details you need to lodge a complaint with the ACCC about this set.

The consumer complaint form is available at http://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/consumer-complaint-form

The details you will need to complete the form are:

Name of Business: Tap 'n' Play Technologies Pty Ltd
ABN: 69 600 630 886
ACN: 600 630 886

In the 'Complaints Description" include the following reference - Reference #719254, as the ACCC already have details associated with this release. So best to use this section of the form to outline your own circumstances associated with the set.

But keep it brief as that section of the form only allows 1500 characters, and much of the story has already been told, but the ACCC would be interested in hearing your own personal experiences. But if you have a lot to say you can detail more of your story as there is the option of uploading an attachment (< 3 MB).

Just a quite note to also reference that this thread has now had 13,000 views. =D>

Obviously there are some threads on this forum with more (25k+), but this thread is clearly keeping a lot of people entertained.

On that basis who needs Google Box? ;)

Back
Top Bottom