2014/15 A-league cards?

So it's been what, 4 months of this product out now and still nobody can complete the set because of the City cards. Tap & Play still hasn't done anything to fix it? Show how much they care about the A-League collectors.

Nice to see the cricket collectors didn't get screwed the same way

This seems to be the current level of care being displayed...or maybe we are just living in the twilight zone and we are yet to see the unexpected twist at the end.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I believe a couple of MC player cards have surfaced in the ACT. Of course that being one of the States/Territories without a representative a-league side, :)

Images from an informed source.

Would be nice to see TnP do something so that all the dedicated collectors of this set could get hold of all the MC player cards.

image.jpg

Great Source you have - just to see the MC cards is like Wow - dream to own one maybe we will find Nirvana after all
These cards were being promoted through Schools or Soccer clubs ? is that right could these be through AIS Soccer Academy in CBR or will they turn up as freebies at Asian cup matches ! any one going ?

Great Source you have - just to see the MC cards is like Wow - dream to own one maybe we will find Nirvana after all
These cards were being promoted through Schools or Soccer clubs ? is that right could these be through AIS Soccer Academy in CBR or will they turn up as freebies at Asian cup matches ! any one going ?

Not seen any cards given away at any Perth Glory home games, don't know if there have been giveaways at other matches??

Not sure what, if any, arrangements are in place for the cards to be given away at the grass roots level for the kids.

The thread for the upcoming Newcastle card show (15 Feb) indicates the TnP will be providing giveaways based on their aleague release - whatever that means? Maybe the Melb City cards for those lucky enough to go?
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/comm...-trading-card-show-15th-february-2015.178219/

No Asian Cup matches in Perth so little chance of me finding out if there are giveaways at those games :(

Starting to feel like WA is the Eeyore state!
image.jpg

An Asian Cup day surprise....Confirmed sighting of another 3 MC cards.

image.jpg

Still looking for Nick KALMAR and Robbie WIELAER

Any confirmed sightings of those 2 cards?

Well done mike. I am in the USA at the moment so probably find them here in Disneyland next to tinker bell cards!!:lol:

Well done mike. I am in the USA at the moment so probably find them here in Disneyland next to tinker bell cards!!:lol:

Nice one...but finding a tinkerbell card would be a lot easier.....:rofl:

image.jpg

Obviously with only a score of 69 tinkerbell needs to lift her team spirit. So much more could be said in terms of that number but we will just leave that there :whistle: :lol:

or will they turn up as freebies at Asian cup matches ! any one going ?

I'm going. I suppose they could be at Australia games but I don't know about the others (we'll see). I bought a packet for $4 last week and only got 4 cards (I didn't already have) so there ends my interest. Too expensive! Too be honest with you I would much rather collect Asian Cup cards (if they existed) then A-league. The A-League is boring!

I'm going. I suppose they could be at Australia games but I don't know about the others (we'll see). I bought a packet for $4 last week and only got 4 cards (I didn't already have) so there ends my interest. Too expensive! Too be honest with you I would much rather collect Asian Cup cards (if they existed) then A-league. The A-League is boring!

We are all entitled to our views. The a-league is billed as our beautiful game. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It's not Serie A, La Liga or the EPL, but it is all we have.

Th cards in this series are hardly beautiful and quick frankly becoming a pain in the a** to try and collect to finish the series, but again it's all we have.

It all comes down to why are we collecting these cards - for our kids? for ourselves? Maybe both?

Certainly in my case I am doing it for my son who loves all football -- a-league, EPL, La liga, etc, but the great thing with these cards is he can get the players for the various a-league teams to sign them. Which of course we can't do with Match Attax cards, etc.

Sure the a-league can be boring, but so can any football game. I have watched EPL games that have resulted in a nil all draws that have been as exciting as watching paint dry.

Maybe if there is enough interest in the a-league cards there might be a enough interest generated to warrant a set of Asian Cup cards in the future. But probably its also a case of seeing how much interest there are in games that don't feature the Socceroos. But no doubt the marketing and selling opportunities would be huge across Asian markets if these was a set released for the Asian Cup.

But back to this a-league release...Given how few collectors there seem to be of these cards, my aim has been to help people out in getting their individual collections to a reasonable point. The support and camaraderie that collectors on this forum have shown in swaping/trading/selling cards has been fantastic.

It is a frustrating and painful set to collect, but if we can keep the team spirit across the dedicated collectors above Tinkerbell's 69 score we might get this set finished (eventually!) and who knows maybe TnP might even come to the party at some point and actually help us get there.

My kids have been quite happy with the FFA cards, but the sale price is the problem.

There were 17 thousand at an Iran vs Bahrain game last night in Melbourne.

It'll be much harder to get autos for Asian Cups in the future 'cause they won't be held in Australia again (not for 50 year at least).

Maybe you can help me with my World Cup collections? There seems to be even fewer collectors of them in Australia

We are all entitled to our views. The a-league is billed as our beautiful game. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It's not Serie A, La Liga or the EPL, but it is all we have.

Th cards in this series are hardly beautiful and quick frankly becoming a pain in the a** to try and collect to finish the series, but again it's all we have.

It all comes down to why are we collecting these cards - for our kids? for ourselves? Maybe both?

Certainly in my case I am doing it for my son who loves all football -- a-league, EPL, La liga, etc, but the great thing with these cards is he can get the players for the various a-league teams to sign them. Which of course we can't do with Match Attax cards, etc.

Sure the a-league can be boring, but so can any football game. I have watched EPL games that have resulted in a nil all draws that have been as exciting as watching paint dry.

Maybe if there is enough interest in the a-league cards there might be a enough interest generated to warrant a set of Asian Cup cards in the future. But probably its also a case of seeing how much interest there are in games that don't feature the Socceroos. But no doubt the marketing and selling opportunities would be huge across Asian markets if these was a set released for the Asian Cup.

But back to this a-league release...Given how few collectors there seem to be of these cards, my aim has been to help people out in getting their individual collections to a reasonable point. The support and camaraderie that collectors on this forum have shown in swaping/trading/selling cards has been fantastic.

It is a frustrating and painful set to collect, but if we can keep the team spirit across the dedicated collectors above Tinkerbell's 69 score we might get this set finished (eventually!) and who knows maybe TnP might even come to the party at some point and actually help us get there.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Tap 'N' Play licence only covers the Socceroos and the A League.

Other tournaments require different licences.

As an Example, when the Wanderers won the Asian comp recently, they were not allowed to sell any merchandise commemorating this as the licence belonged to the competition owners.

They cant even sell 1 item commemorating this achievement which means they lost a lot of revenue from not being able to sell this kind of merchandise.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Tap 'N' Play licence only covers the Socceroos and the A League.

Other tournaments require different licences.

As an Example, when the Wanderers won the Asian comp recently, they were not allowed to sell any merchandise commemorating this as the licence belonged to the competition owners.

They cant even sell 1 item commemorating this achievement which means they lost a lot of revenue from not being able to sell this kind of merchandise.

Apparently they can't even sell Melbourne City cards either :)

Full page advert on the back cover of the Four Four Two (February 2015) magazine out today.

'Start Collecting Now'.....guess that means we won't be seeing a 10th anniversary release any time soon.

image.jpg

Nice to see the Tommy Oar card featured. I didn't think there were anymore left...I've got 28 of 'em :)

The other ad that appealed in the magazine is the 3D fan hand...

image.jpg

Wonder if they could make one with another finger raised :)

10th anniversary release will include MC cards - impressed with Cricket release can only hope A league 2nd Edition are as good

Perhaps this means if new boxes hit the streets they will have MC cards inside - this is becoming like an addiction in the worst possible way
and like any good addiction your tend to lose reality - Just sighted Kalmar Melbourne City card ! its on the Official trading Box
I am happy to cut it out and make copies

speaking of copies Mike do you need another Tommy Oar ?? My best Adam Taggart x13 & Thomas BROICH X11 Socceroos Matt Mckay James Holland & Mark Milligan x 10

A little shy of Mike's Tommy Ore Record of 28 maybe you could just concentrate on buying or trading all Tommy Oar cards it would certainty be a niche market and possible Guinness book of record attempt though he's no NFL's Gerry Rice

10th anniversary release will include MC cards - impressed with Cricket release can only hope A league 2nd Edition are as good

Perhaps this means if new boxes hit the streets they will have MC cards inside - this is becoming like an addiction in the worst possible way
and like any good addiction your tend to lose reality - Just sighted Kalmar Melbourne City card ! its on the Official trading Box
I am happy to cut it out and make copies

speaking of copies Mike do you need another Tommy Oar ?? My best Adam Taggart x13 & Thomas BROICH X11 Socceroos Matt Mckay James Holland & Mark Milligan x 10

A little shy of Mike's Tommy Ore Record of 28 maybe you could just concentrate on buying or trading all Tommy Oar cards it would certainty be a niche market and possible Guinness book of record attempt though he's no NFL's Gerry Rice

Thanks Scooterboy, yes the more Tommy Oar cards the better!!! I have already got a seperate album going with just his cards in it :-P

image.jpg

The Kalmar MC image on the side of the box is probably the closest we are going to get to that card the way it's going!

image.jpg

Thanks Scooterboy, yes the more Tommy Oar cards the better!!! I have already got a seperate album going with just his cards in it :-P

image.jpg
The Tommy Oar card Album looks mighty impressive - I think its time for Tommy Oar to have his own thread

You wont believe this but I decided to open a box of A league 2013/14 Select Box of cards today and 4th pack I opened yes Tommy Oar A League medallist 1 :16 break.

The Tommy Oar card Album looks mighty impressive - I think its time for Tommy Oar to have his own thread

You wont believe this but I decided to open a box of A league 2013/14 Select Box of cards today and 4th pack I opened yes Tommy Oar A League medallist 1 :16 break.

Wow....Sound like time to create a Tommy Oar fan club. We can all be issued with "I :hearts: Tommy Oar" t-shirts :rofl:

What auto did you get mate?

What auto did you get mate?

I stopped at Tommy its a slow burn will let you know when I open the rest - what year is it ....
Tommy Oar" t-shirts sound good lets hope he gets a run in Asian cup tonight and scores
I will swap it for My I love Tap N Play top

Hey Jaames see your a Seahawk those patriots are hard to beat ...

Back
Top Bottom