2014/15 A-league cards?

Had a look at the Tim Cahill cards and the stats are the same. Had a look at Galekovic and his stats are different ??

It all seems like ancient history now, but it seems there is another error with the 2014/15 release.

It has already been identified the mismatch between the image on the card and the players name for 2 cards - Samuel Galloway & Nikola Petkovic
(More details at http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/thre...players-list-im-confused.176532/#post-1527424 )

An eBay seller currently has the Golgol Mebrahtu card listed, but references the player image on the card as being Adam D'Apuzzo

Just to refresh our memories this is the Golgol Mebrahtu card from the release.
IMG_0646.JPG

Golgol doesn't appear to look like that...this is his photo..
IMG_0647.JPG

Not sure if we picked this possible error up at the time - but if we didn't we probably should have. :whistle:

Can any WSW supporters confirm that the image on the card is in fact Adam D'Apuzzo??

HA HA !!

Just when you thought the 2014/15 release was done it springs back to life.

It does look like D'Apuzzo and I completely missed it.

An image of D'Appuzo below:
846442-02ece6a2-e233-11e3-8ae0-51e0ec14d6b8.jpg

Maybe a sticky should be started with all the issues listed for this release...

Did the cricket Tap n Play releases have these issues or are they limited just to the A-league cards ?

Did the cricket Tap n Play releases have these issues or are they limited just to the A-league cards ?

Thanks Peter - it looks like we are on to something here!

In terms of the query about the TnP cricket releases - no player image problems, but the first TnP cricket release did have a problem with Cricket Australia requesting that the Phil Hughes cards be pulled due to his untimely death. It was all very last minute and no replacement cards issued, so that left some holes in the release that still raises issues for collectors wanting to complete a full set.

Hmmm... that reminds me of the missing team logo parallels from this current a-league release!! So maybe it is just the a-league releases that are cursed!

Just to add more mystery, D'Appuzo retired in June 2014 at the end of the 2013/14 season and didn't play in the 2014/15 season.

I also had to go back and check if the picture was of Tahj Minniecon but I don't think it is.

Just to add more mystery, D'Appuzo retired in June 2014 at the end of the 2013/14 season and didn't play in the 2014/15 season.

I also had to go back and check if the picture was of Tahj Minniecon but I don't think it is.

Possibly some similarities with the Samuel Galloway card, which is the image of Josh Mitchell.

I think Josh Mitchell finished up with Newcastle at the end of the 2013/14 season.

Maybe this release was just designed to test our football knowledge (as well as our patience!) :)

Maybe its time for OzCard team to offer to proof check 17/18 set for tap n play for a box or signature or two

Maybe its time for OzCard team to offer to proof check 17/18 set for tap n play for a box or signature or two

At least we have seen some progress with accuracy after that first release.

I am looking forward to your review of the 2016/17 release Scoot.

From memory I think TnP offered up some boxes from the 2015/16 release for OZCT members who identified their favourite card from the release. Hopefully we see that again this year.

Maybe something @Matt26 could progress for us, depending upon the love factor between TnP & OZCT at the moment :)

Anyway, back to the issue at hand...have we confirmed that the image on the card is Adam D'Apuzzo???

Boots look the same based on the photo posted by @Peter70 - but maybe yellow boots was the thing for everyone back then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom