2013 ESP NRL Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i wish Select was making NRL Champions because then we could get NRL versions of these. They would be better value for money that Young Guns cards hey.

Firepower.jpg

Exactly, I would love to see someone stand up and say they are actually happy with ESP traders..

quote="ooneil, post: 1256078, member: 4187"]Yeah i wish Select was making NRL Champions because then we could get NRL versions of these. They would be better value for money that Young Guns cards hey.

Firepower.jpg
[/quote]have you got shares in ESP lol

unless you jag a johns or raper card you have no chance of recovering your money if your a seller...
even then you will struggle...

unless you jag a johns or raper card you have no chance of recovering your money if your a seller...

All excellent points if you are only buying to make cash but for me half the fun is busting a box or packets and if you happen to jag a big hit sweet otherwise it was still fun

I thought buying cards and packs was about collecting and not what return you are making. You could go and blow $100 in the pokies and in most cases come away with nothing. In this case if you decide to buy a box, you at least get the base cards/inserts and a chance to pull a nice card. Sure you may win $1000 on a pokie but I think you would have better chances pulling a signature card than winning that money!

There are people who buy cards to collect, not to make a return on regardless of brand/make/release.

I buy boxes/cases, keep what i want for my collection and sell the rest on eBay/here.

I dont make much money out of it, i have to buy at full retail price unlike the big dealers who get them at wholesale price.

The main reason i do it is because i love opening the packets/boxes with my 6yo son and hitting big, i love building my collection, and even the resale side of it i enjoy.

Ive got some pretty sweet cards in my collection doing it this way, and ive got a pretty solid Panthers collection in the works.

I was going to buy my first boxes but after hearing the ratio it would be better to put the funds towards buying the roosters cards i need
from the set and there is no way a young gun in worth $150 out of the 16 young guns only 3 of them would probally go on to be great players

I buy boxes/cases, keep what i want for my collection and sell the rest on eBay/here.

I dont make much money out of it, i have to buy at full retail price unlike the big dealers who get them at wholesale price.

The main reason i do it is because i love opening the packets/boxes with my 6yo son and hitting big, i love building my collection, and even the resale side of it i enjoy.

Ive got some pretty sweet cards in my collection doing it this way, and ive got a pretty solid Panthers collection in the works.
thats fair enough but the ones who do it to make a quid have no hope

If i was going to do it for the money i wouldnt be able to keep any lol, stuff that.

I've bought cases for years and up to the last year and a bit have never sold a thing , with this new mob there is just no value so I will just buy the cards of here or eBayeBay
Totally agree ther is no value whats so ever in a case thats why i waited and didnt race in to it untill the ratio came out
i feel sorry for the ones who collects the whole set its going to cost heaps

Yeah the ratios look total crap :(
Ill be wanting Raiders young gun but paying anything over $30 for a signature rookie card is stupid. At those rates then it looks stupid :(

That $30 price you are putting on a young rookie signature card is a conditioned price that you have gotten used to from Select's Signature cards. We were also conditioned to expect parallel cards are worth approx $1 and when ESP limted came out last year everyone said wtf, won't pay that much for a parallel. Sellers will structure the price so that they can recoup costs regardless. Yes, the ESP parallels do now get bought anywhere between $6-$10ea. Yes people pay that price. It's just the way the market works.

It works the other way too, you tell an NBA collector that you just payed $30 for a next to no-name rookie auto #/300 and they would laugh. You can pick up autos of NBA Stars numbered less than 50 for $5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom