2008-09 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

whats up with Horford? Not a great deal in terms of minutes and his numbers are lower than I expected he would put up. Is he injured or something?

Ry

You're right that he hasn't been putting up big numbers, but he has often been in foul trouble early thus limiting his minutes. Also, these are the players he has been matched up with: Dwight Howard, Elton Brand/Samuel Dalemvert, David West/Tyson Chandler, Chris Bosh/Jermaine O'Neal....hardly slouches. The Thunder are up next, so look for him to have a better game against them. Hopefully he can stay out of foul trouble now that Smoove is injured. He'll also be starting at the 4 with Zaza coming in at the 5 to start, this might help Al.

4-0 unbelievable, i am so proud this season... i am glad to see that the guys stepped up in josh smiths injury... keep it rollin hawks...

^^^^^ps ryawi0 do you collect kendall gill?

Close game, but any win on the road is a good one, no matter that the opposition was the Thunder. Cant complain about 5-0, including 3-0 away. Marvin and JJ had good games as did Flip off the bench. I though Al played ok, got some important boards, but didnt really score much. Solo was also decent off the bench too.

Coming up we have Chicago and Boston back-to-back, both games away. That'll be a tough double, will be more than happy to come back from that with a 6-1 record.

Go hawks!

Close game, but any win on the road is a good one, no matter that the opposition was the Thunder. Cant complain about 5-0, including 3-0 away. Marvin and JJ had good games as did Flip off the bench. I though Al played ok, got some important boards, but didnt really score much. Solo was also decent off the bench too.

Coming up we have Chicago and Boston back-to-back, both games away. That'll be a tough double, will be more than happy to come back from that with a 6-1 record.

Go hawks!

No one can complain about 5-0! Better start to the season then many had anticipated for the Hawks! Joe Johnson has been playing his heart out of late, already early season mvp favourite!

No one can complain about 5-0! Better start to the season then many had anticipated for the Hawks! Joe Johnson has been playing his heart out of late, already early season mvp favourite!

Agreed!

Horford went for 8 points, 12 boards and 5 blocks.

But he's on my fantasy team and I need him to step up, I was projecting at least 14 and 10 this season!!

all aboard the hawks band wagon everyone

theres still room at the rear :)

BandWagon.jpg

wouldnt of picked a 5-0 start

if we ended 6-1 i'd be happy after these next 2

horford's playing like a bum in offense... i thought he was breaking out offensively this season.. oh well young season... but he'll be a monster on the boards and the defensive soon enough..
go hawks!!!
bibby can still play hahaha

horford's playing like a bum in offense... i thought he was breaking out offensively this season.. oh well young season... but he'll be a monster on the boards and the defensive soon enough..
go hawks!!!
bibby can still play hahaha

yeah we'll see how he goes later. hopefully it's not bad sophomore slump!

Real good win today. They held on after losing the lead a couple of time during the middle of the game. I actually had money on the to win by 4 or more.....:D:D:D

Great win today!! Horford finally shows some potential this year!! Huge game 27pts, 17rebs & 6 blocks :woot:

explosion by horford.. if he can have 10-15 more games like that.. he's officially better than durant

Yer boy Horfords on my fantasy team, a solid 27 and 16 with 6 blocks YEEEEEER! keep it up boys 6-0 despite 2 bad games by JJ. and no J-Smoove.

27-16-6 is a bit better than solid! Its also the way he does it. He isnt the focal point of the offense, they rarely go to him in the half court. He gets it by running the court, cutting into the lane, and through offensive boards. He is the perfect compliment to the outside scorers of Bibby, JJ, Mo Evans and Flip.

I thought Zaza did well in this game too. He adds the size and muscle that we miss when we play Horford at the 5 with Smoove at the 4.

6-0, with 4-0 on the road. I knew we were going to be better this year, but I never anticipated this start! Another road game tomorrow and a tough one against Boston, the second of a back-to-back. Hard to expect to win this one with the Celtics having today off, but hopefully we can see how much this team has improved and they can make a game of it.

Come one come all, jump on the bandwagon, but dont wait too long, its starting to get full...

Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

27-16-6 is a bit better than solid! Its also the way he does it. He isnt the focal point of the offense, they rarely go to him in the half court. He gets it by running the court, cutting into the lane, and through offensive boards. He is the perfect compliment to the outside scorers of Bibby, JJ, Mo Evans and Flip.

I thought Zaza did well in this game too. He adds the size and muscle that we miss when we play Horford at the 5 with Smoove at the 4.

6-0, with 4-0 on the road. I knew we were going to be better this year, but I never anticipated this start! Another road game tomorrow and a tough one against Boston, the second of a back-to-back. Hard to expect to win this one with the Celtics having today off, but hopefully we can see how much this team has improved and they can make a game of it.

Come one come all, jump on the bandwagon, but dont wait too long, its starting to get full...

Bandwagon%20Final.jpg

oh pish posh miami rocks Atlanta.

but I've liked them since their underdog-ness approach last season so they are one of my other teams in the East.

Undisputed Miami #1 though don't get me started.

Heartbreaking loss....Williams hits a 3 with 5 secs to go to put us up by 1....

Then bloody Peirce hits a 20ft jumper with half a second left to win the game....:cry:

well there's the first loss for the year. good game still, we were in it all the way

unlucky that big al was in foul trouble again early on but still very happy how we played

Back
Top Bottom